Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Clickbait. It’s just a guess from Agbonlahor who in my experience is always wrong. 
  • a name someone mentioned to me today.

WIOTOS 
    Interesting, would command a fee. 
  • I liked Bradshaw from his Walsall days but fitness issues are a concern. 
  • Would fail the height test.
  • Sponsored links:

• Famed Bradshaws Railway Guide. Sign him up.
  • mart77 said:
    I liked Bradshaw from his Walsall days but fitness issues are a concern. 
    Well get down the gym and tone up.
  • FM a useful guide for established players though a few years out of date.

Aggression, determination and work rate a given as he plays for Millwall.

A striker with strength, pace and decent passing ability, could be more suited to the lone striker role than Stockley.

• Will he drop to league one? 
  • Signal of intend from Thomas if he stumps up the £4m that Bradshaw is valued at.
    Must have a very long contract for that valuation. 
  • Chunes said:
    Re: Famewo, was it not said early on that he didn't want to stay. Didn't think his distribution was up to much, to be honest.

Don't know how much McKirdy is worth but I was just looking at a list of the most expensive signings ever made from League 2. Some good players on there. Standing proudly in 9th place for 1.5 million pounds... Izale McLeod.
    Probably already knew of other options.
  • Bradshaw would possibly suit the system better than Stockley and his scoring record is not terrible particularly at the current level. 

It does beg the question of whether he'd drop a level, and if he did I can't see him doing so intending to be the substitute option so would certainly raise questions about Stockley's own future to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    It does beg the question of whether he'd drop a level, and if he did I can't see him doing so intending to be the substitute option so would certainly raise questions about Stockley's own future to me.
    This is the elephant in the room when it comes to any incoming striker.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    If Forster-Caskey leaves, will be a shame as think he’s a top player for this level. What we would need to bring in is someone who will score goals from the centre of midfield.

Davison leaves we bring in 2 strikers. Leaburn has been good but let him actually develop at a decent level without ruining him.

If it was up to me, personally think we need:
    Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    Centre midfielder (who scores goals)
    Winger (who scores goals)
    2x striker

4 of those to be on loan, the others permanent with one involving a fee.
    Not sure we need 4 wingers and 4 strikers to be honest. With 3 starting you’re leaving 5 out every week. I’d go with 3 strikers especially with Leaburn and Kanu coming through 
    Opinions mate. Just can’t help but disagree.

Aneke is unlikely to start too many games, but can also be played as a 10. Stockley is likely to be our 9 an injury to him means we are in trouble. We haven’t replaced Washington and we need another different type of striker to be available.

Out wide you have Blackett-Taylor who is our best winger but all hopes cannot be pinned onto us. DJ hopefully will have a better year but hasn’t really shown to be anything like a top 6 player, and Kirk could still leave and has yet to show really anything. An injury to any of them means we have 2 players to play 2 positions. We need another.
    Definitely agree on the wingers. Like you said initially, they need to be capable of scoring goals too. 

I get your point about a different type of striker. Problem is that if you're starting Stockley you've got 3 on the bench. In a 433 where does that striker fit in? We do need a very capable understudy to Stockley. 

If we say Aneke is going to be a 10 or come off the bench and maybe play as a 9, I think we definitely need another 2 strikers. An injury to Stockley and we would be in huge trouble. The two strikers could be one pushing a starting spot and the other a young loanee that gives us another option to mix it up, run in behind, play a different formation if Garner decides to switch things up.

My point is Davison isn’t good enough, Leaburn isn’t ready, Aneke won’t start many games, and that leaves Stockley who I think doesn’t 100% suit the style Garner will want.

We shall see.
    Aneke being used as a 10 might mean we can’t sign a goalscoring midfielder. Though at this stage I wouldn’t rule out more than just JFC and Davison moving on.

Of course we may also take a chance on some u21 loans to allow us to have a bigger squad under the cap.
  • edited July 2022
    As a Millwall player - he has generating pain and hurt to Charlton ground in to his DNA.

He'd probably rip his shirt off in front of the North, scream No One Likes Us, stick a flat cap and Stone Island jacket on, and rifle in an own goal from 30 yards into top bins.
    I was reduced to tears by your imagery @DamoNorthStand 🤣 and would gladly have clicked a SSF (Side Splittingly Funny) button had there been one.
  • Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    If Forster-Caskey leaves, will be a shame as think he’s a top player for this level. What we would need to bring in is someone who will score goals from the centre of midfield.

Davison leaves we bring in 2 strikers. Leaburn has been good but let him actually develop at a decent level without ruining him.

Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    2x striker

Not sure we need 4 wingers and 4 strikers to be honest. With 3 starting you’re leaving 5 out every week. I’d go with 3 strikers especially with Leaburn and Kanu coming through 

Aneke is unlikely to start too many games, but can also be played as a 10. Stockley is likely to be our 9 an injury to him means we are in trouble. We haven’t replaced Washington and we need another different type of striker to be available.

Out wide you have Blackett-Taylor who is our best winger but all hopes cannot be pinned onto us. DJ hopefully will have a better year but hasn’t really shown to be anything like a top 6 player, and Kirk could still leave and has yet to show really anything. An injury to any of them means we have 2 players to play 2 positions. We need another.
    Definitely agree on the wingers. Like you said initially, they need to be capable of scoring goals too. 

I get your point about a different type of striker. Problem is that if you're starting Stockley you've got 3 on the bench. In a 433 where does that striker fit in? We do need a very capable understudy to Stockley. 

If we say Aneke is going to be a 10 or come off the bench and maybe play as a 9, I think we definitely need another 2 strikers. An injury to Stockley and we would be in huge trouble. The two strikers could be one pushing a starting spot and the other a young loanee that gives us another option to mix it up, run in behind, play a different formation if Garner decides to switch things up.

My point is Davison isn’t good enough, Leaburn isn’t ready, Aneke won’t start many games, and that leaves Stockley who I think doesn’t 100% suit the style Garner will want.

We shall see.
    Aneke being used as a 10 might mean we can’t sign a goalscoring midfielder. Though at this stage I wouldn’t rule out more than just JFC and Davison moving on.

Of course we may also take a chance on some u21 loans to allow us to have a bigger squad under the cap.
    I agree, I think we’ll probably see 3 leave and bring in 5 or 6.

Hoping we will have a new signing before the season starts and then likely to have a flurry within the last 2 weeks of August.
  • Bradshaw signed a new 'long term deal' at Millwall in January.
  • Richard J said:
    Bradshaw signed a new 'long term deal' at Millwall in January.
    JFC had his contract renewed in May.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:

Another full back
    Left sided centre back
    2x striker

We shall see.
    Personally I think Aneke is at his best as a substitute 9, not sure I'd want him as a 10 regularly. If we start with 433 and are losing, we could always go 442/424 with Aneke replacing one of the CM's. He will then play as a striker and if we equalised could always drop to a 10 in a 4231.

Not sure a young loanee is doable in the scenario you suggested to be honest. Can't see any club being happy to give us a striker who is only going to play if we change style. Would it not be better to give Kanu a few games than a 19/20 year old striker? 

Ideally I agree with you, the more options the better. I think 7 players to cover the front 3 would just be enough. Kirk, CBT, Stockley and Aneke are four of them. If I had my way I'd sign a winger, a striker and someone like McKirdy who can play both and offload DJ. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradshaw signed a new 'long term deal' at Millwall in January.
    JFC had his contract renewed in May.
    Difference being we triggered JFC contract extension.
  • edited July 2022
    I agree that Aneke should be a substitute 9, not a 10 except in an emergency. If we are trying to fit square pegs in round holes we are making the same mistakes as last season I fear.

And is it because TS has decided he wants us to play in that way? It is too specific. By all means say he wants us to be a front foot attacking team but all this high press stuff should be for the manager who needs to assess the players.