Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• 💤 come on let's get some kind of deal in to calm people down a bit.
  • edited July 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    Bradshaw signed a new 'long term deal' at Millwall in January.
    JFC had his contract renewed in May.
    Against his wishes apparently. 
    He did not have to sign it … 
    I know I'm feeding the troll but he didn't have a choice. The club had an option to extend whether he liked it or not.
    But he didn’t have to sign a contract that gave the club that option. 
    The trouble there is he would have been unemployed then and left may to get fit himself...
    What ever it was he had two options and he chose to sign knowing the consequences. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    I know I'm feeding the troll but he didn't have a choice. The club had an option to extend whether he liked it or not.
    But he didn’t have to sign a contract that gave the club that option. 
    The trouble there is he would have been unemployed then and left may to get fit himself...
    What ever it was he had two options and he chose to sign knowing the consequences. 
    It's really not difficult. The club automatically activated the one year extension. JFC had no choice in the matter. If he wanted to leave on a free without the clubs consent, he couldn't. He had the choice last summer admittedly, and in the position he was in he had little choice but to sign the deal. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Richard J said:
    You are not only feeding one, he was arguing with the other.
    You have a gob on you to. All I did was tell Ronnie that JF-C he wasn't correct on that.

And I am a troll for doing that .  If I was wrong I would have got stick from you and some others . Often you.  Do you go to Bromley Addicks? I ask this  because I would love to ask you to your face why it is you would not do this if it was someone  else .

You didn't respond to Ronnie, they responded to you? 
    Has he finally cracked?

Was funnier when I did it back in January 
  • Fancy Payne to us Davison to Swindon.
    Payne isn’t a Swindon player-he’s a free agent 
    That’s not what I said RC.
  • Striker and winger, maybe a CB? Can’t see a CM coming in without one going out.
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Imagine squad will be same size then. If we bring in 3 more, as expect Clayden & Davison, plus maybe JFC to be moved on. 

• Striker , Left Back and Winger in hopefully

Davison, Clayden and maybe JFC out? Would expect a few of the U23s like Henry to go out on loan too but they don't count against the cap. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Striker , Left Back and Winger in hopefully

Davison, Clayden and maybe JFC out? Would expect a few of the U23s like Henry to go out on loan too but they don't count against the cap. 
    Still think we need another centre back. Having only 4 with one of them being Inniss is a bit risky, and I don’t think Ness looks ready yet. I think it’ll be a left back, Centre back and then a winger that can also play through the middle 
  • A 22 man squad means we can have two per positions plus two extras excluding goalkeepers and u21s. With only 2/3 more coming in that probably means Ness being part of the squad.

I’d prefer all 2/3 to be attacking players as I’m more concerned about the lack of goals and attacking quality in the squad, though that relies on Clayden, Deji and Ness stepping up when required.

If that happens the squad should look something like:

GK: Wollacott, MacGillivray

RB: Egbo, Clare
    CB: O'Connell, Lavelle, InnissElerewe (u21), Ness (not sure he’s u21)
    LB: Sessengnon, Clayden

DM: Dobson
    CM: McGrandles, Fraser, Forster-Caskey (replaced with Payne/another?), Morgan, Gilbey, Henry (u21)

W: Jaiyesimi, Blackett-Taylor, Kirk, new winger?

ST: Stockley, AnekeDavison (replaced with new striker/winger, McKirdy?), Leaburn (u21)
  • NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Still think we need another centre back. Having only 4 with one of them being Inniss is a bit risky, and I don’t think Ness looks ready yet. I think it’ll be a left back, Centre back and then a winger that can also play through the middle 
    Not a fan of my Dobson as distributive CB idea then 
  • Under promise, over deliver.

Like how Ben isn't putting time pressure on himself or the recruitment team or saying "we WILL sign three" rather "maybe two or three."

Hope so, and it gives room for more to move on and be replaced.

Earlier in the year TS also said 2-5 permanents and 5-6 players. We’ve got 4 permanents and 1 loan, so either things have changed or he’s under promising as you say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Not a fan of my Dobson as distributive CB idea then 
    I think in a back 3 maybe, but not sure about in a back 4. Same with Clare. Our luck with CB injuries has not been good in recent years so I’ll be worried if we don’t get another in 
  • Will be surprised if we dont use up all the loan slots.

Wont be complaining, as it means we dont have to spend every summer worrying about replacing key players like Cullen or Bielik with other loan players, who may fail to deliver
  • edited July 2022
    Will be surprised if we dont use up all the loan slots.

Wont be complaining, as it means we dont have to spend every summer worrying about replacing key players like Cullen or Bielik with other loan players, who may fail to deliver
    We usually waste half our loan slots, so quality will really matter here.

Some brave folk if you expect Clayden to be able to play LWB in L1.

• So many people saying Davison out on loan or let go.  But it seems clear to me that Garner thinks he can improve him and must see something from his loan at Swindon last season.  He is obviously a work in progress and not the first name on the team sheet but really can't see him going anywhere.
  • edited July 2022
    ozaddick said:
    Sounds like the next Bromley addicks meet could be a bit tasty! 
    The first ever Bromley Addicks meeting to be held in the Makro's carpark! 
  • CafcWest said:
    So many people saying Davison out on loan or let go.  But it seems clear to me that Garner thinks he can improve him and must see something from his loan at Swindon last season.  He is obviously a work in progress and not the first name on the team sheet but really can't see him going anywhere.
    Not sure it can seem clear when there was literally an article over the weekend by Cawley saying we're willing to let him go. 
  • edited July 2022
    Finally the tea lady from Swindon signs, I do worry about the medical 
  • Sage said:
    Think there might be a signing today :)

Or at least a medical with the announcement today or tomorrow.
    Knowing our luck he will develop heat stroke and be ruled out for 6 weeks, prior to the announcement. 
  • It's the big one we've all been waiting for.