Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• To be honest i'm pretty confident Famewo will be playing in the championship before Lavelle, only his passing was frutrasting i still think he's decent and a good deal at 50k.
    Jury out on Lavelle so far, unconvinced 
    Almost everything I've seen with Lavelle so far has been promising and decent.
    He seems to have a great attitude and determination - and perhaps a warrior and future skipper.

There's just one thing I'm not sure about though ..... he's a little slow with his feet, very much moves and runs like Jason Pearce.
    Other than that, he comes across as well capable at this level.

• Oggy Red said:
    To be honest i'm pretty confident Famewo will be playing in the championship before Lavelle, only his passing was frutrasting i still think he's decent and a good deal at 50k.
    He seems to have a great attitude and determination - and perhaps a warrior and future skipper.

There's just one thing I'm not sure about though ..... he's a little slow with his feet, very much moves and runs like Jason Pearce.

Cant agree I am afraid, need better, prefer Elerewe or new loan signing.
  • Oggy Red said:
    To be honest i'm pretty confident Famewo will be playing in the championship before Lavelle, only his passing was frutrasting i still think he's decent and a good deal at 50k.

Lavelle seems a good character but he’s pretty slow, poor on the ball and not amazing in the air. 
  • CB is a position where you really need a bit of consistency to develop a proper pairing. O'Connell is presumably nailed down for one of the positions so I'd like to see Garner settled on a first choice set up (be that with Lavelle or another) and give it some game time to work out any nerves and ricketts before the season starts.
  • I think that £50k, if true, is pretty cheap for Famewo, and yet I'm still glad we didn't keep him.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Lavelle seems a good character but he’s pretty slow, poor on the ball and not amazing in the air. 
    Basically a nice bloke but crap at football .
  • wmcf123 said:
    Oggy Red said:

Basically a nice bloke but crap at football .
    Also might be a shit character as he only SEEMS to have a good character. 

• Sponsored links:

• Inniss will play about 30 games this season.  Unless he does something like break his own leg (he might break others) or do an ACL. 

Lol it now, but bookmark it for next may. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Inniss will play about 30 games this season.  Unless he does something like break his own leg (he might break others) or do an ACL. 

30!!!!!

Can I have some of what you are smoking.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Inniss will play about 30 games this season.  Unless he does something like break his own leg (he might break others) or do an ACL. 

30 games of what?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

30 games of what?
    Whist!  On the team bus to away games, he's ace with the kit bags...
  • young local lad, hot prospect currently at Leeds - we tried to get him on loan in January but he wasn't being loaned out - he's going out on loan this year - 7 championship sides and 1 league 1 have registered an interest so far this window - the league 1 club isn't us so guessing garner not as keen as jacko was ???   - shame 
  • DOUCHER said:
    young local lad, hot prospect currently at Leeds - we tried to get him on loan in January but he wasn't being loaned out - he's going out on loan this year - 7 championship sides and 1 league 1 have registered an interest so far this window - the league 1 club isn't us so guessing garner not as keen as jacko was ???   - shame 
    Doesn't seen likely he'd go to the L1 side when there's so much interest from the league above?
  • Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    young local lad, hot prospect currently at Leeds - we tried to get him on loan in January but he wasn't being loaned out - he's going out on loan this year - 7 championship sides and 1 league 1 have registered an interest so far this window - the league 1 club isn't us so guessing garner not as keen as jacko was ???   - shame 
    Doesn't seen likely he'd go to the L1 side when there's so much interest from the league above?
    local lad 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    Lewis Bate 
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    I'm slightly confused where this being down on Lavelle has come from all of a sudden. I thought when he returned from injury last year he took a couple of games to get match sharp, but then was looking strong and composed before he got crocked again. He seems to read the game well and I didn't get the impression he was that slow. I would be perfectly happy to start next season with O'Connell and Lavelle as our back 2.
    Have you watched him play, composed, wow, definiely not.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I'm slightly confused where this being down on Lavelle has come from all of a sudden. I thought when he returned from injury last year he took a couple of games to get match sharp, but then was looking strong and composed before he got crocked again. He seems to read the game well and I didn't get the impression he was that slow. I would be perfectly happy to start next season with O'Connell and Lavelle as our back 2.

Looks like a young Piercy to me... nothing flash, does the simple things right and a bit of a steady eddie. I'd like us to be starting with someone better than him, but if he is first choice I think he will do a job
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

30 games of what?
    Trust me.  Honestly.
  • edited July 2022
    Chunes said:
    I know I said I wouldn’t post but he had a 70% pass accuracy in 2020-21 with an average of just under 4 long ball attempts in those 20 or so games he played for us, suggests to me he certainly can pass it about. Lavelle on the other hand, in a full season of league 2 with Morecambe had something like 53%, doesn’t strike me as a Garner type centre back. 

My last post on this, too. 

Lavelle had 75% pass accuracy last season. Eoghan O'Connell had 77%. Jason Pearce 76%. Someone like Woolfenden at Ipswich had 82%.

70% seems quite bad in comparison. 
    If only we could analyse the passes that went astray. Were they through balls that almost lead to a goal, and were only just intercepted, or were they simple passes that went straight to an opponent?
    Equally, what percentages of their successful passes were playing the ball around between the back four and the keeper. Passing stats with defenders can be quite misleading. 
  • Are we still talking about Morgan?
  • CAFCsayer said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Looks like a young Piercy to me... nothing flash, does the simple things right and a bit of a steady eddie. I'd like us to be starting with someone better than him, but if he is first choice I think he will do a job
    To me Lavelle is a younger and slightly inferior Pearce. Innis is a much better centre back as he's faster and more imposing, but you can't rely on him.