Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Will Grigg worth a risk on a one year deal?
  • Rudders22 said:
    Anyway, back to transfer rumours, am looking forward to seeing who the 4 loans will be, 
    Hoping that Garner possession style would be a positive for the bigger clubs to loan us some good youngsters. Imagine money will be number 1 factor, but you would that wanting to play attacking football would be a positive for these sides.
    No thanks.
    Not for me. Was he the guy that went for £4 million many years ago?
    I think his fires gone out.
    That’s not what Lulu/Take That are saying.
  • Macronate said:
    Will Grigg worth a risk on a one year deal?
    I think his fires gone out.
    That’s not what Lulu/Take That are saying.
    Weller was also asking though
  • edited July 2022
    Just sign someone today FFS! Anyone, preferably a striker paying way over the odds for him. Mallik Wilks from under Wednesday's noses would get the message across that we don't have a tight meanie owner, as it seems that little else will 😎
  • swordfish said:
    Jus sign someone today FFS! Anyone, preferably a striker paying way over the odds for him. Mallik Wilks from under Wednesday's noses would get the message across that we don't have a tight meanie owner, as it seems that little else will 😎
    Does not pass the height test! 
  • Sponsored links:

• robroy said:
    swordfish said:
    Jus sign someone today FFS! Anyone, preferably a striker paying way over the odds for him. Mallik Wilks from under Wednesday's noses would get the message across that we don't have a tight meanie owner, as it seems that little else will 😎
    Does not pass the height test! 
    Does the Height Test nonsense not get boring, when its posted on every thread, moan, moan, moan.
  • Just to touch on the “not good enough” argument for heading into this season.  Our best two results/performances last season IMO and probably in many opinions were Plymouth and Ipswich at home, both teams lined up like so:

MacG
    Clare, Pearce, Famewo
    Dobson
    DJ, Lee, Gilbey, Purrington 
    Washington, Stockley (Ips)/Davison (Ply)

I’m not having for a minute that our XI expected to head into the Accrington game is worse than the above!
  • Morgan was
    Is
    And never will be good enough for a promotion push.
    Get over him everyone. 
    More likely than not, you’re correct, and for what it’s worth I agree with you 80%.

That said, is there not a chance that he’s better now than he was this time last year and under a better coach?  He’s only 22 after all, maybe I’m falling into the trap again as I did last season, thinking he’ll finally come good, but I’m not quite ready to move on just yet.   
    Morgan CAN be good enough for promotion. What he is not, os consistent enough. He'll have 2-3 games where I think he's FINALLY looking like the real deal and then suddenly goes back to looking pub league.

It's not a question of coming good, but staying good, which he's consistently failed to do.
  • Well, Morgan did shoot with composure, technique and on target. Scored!
    If he can do that consistently it will be a substantial qualitative leap forward.
    I share the doubts about him and probably wouldn't lose sleep if he departs, but in fairness he is still comparatively young and maybe we can make a real player of him yet.
  • swordfish said:
    Just to clarify, I fired off an EFL request for information the other day on squad limits for the season and got the following reply.

"The squad limit for League One Clubs is 22 players, of which 8 must be homegrown. As you suggest for League One Clubs, Under 21’s and Goalkeepers don’t count towards the limit. This is covered under Regulation 43.9 of the EFL Regulations."

Hope that helps those who, like myself, were still unsure.

Will we have 8 home grown players, not including Goalkeepers?

Morgan, Henry, Elerewe and Leaburn are the only 4 near the squad.

Then Kanu, Barker, Clayden, Bakrin?

Seems a bit implausible, or am I missing something?

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Southbank said:
    swordfish said:
    Just to clarify, I fired off an EFL request for information the other day on squad limits for the season and got the following reply.

"The squad limit for League One Clubs is 22 players, of which 8 must be homegrown. As you suggest for League One Clubs, Under 21’s and Goalkeepers don’t count towards the limit. This is covered under Regulation 43.9 of the EFL Regulations."

Hope that helps those who, like myself, were still unsure.

Will we have 8 home grown players, not including Goalkeepers?

Morgan, Henry, Elerewe and Leaburn are the only 4 near the squad.

Then Kanu, Barker, Clayden, Bakrin?

Seems a bit implausible, or am I missing something?
    Home Grown doesnt mean players that have solely come through your own Academy.

Its those who came through an Academy in England - I imagine the only player who isnt home grown in the squad is Eoghan O'Connell because he started out in Scotland, but even then I'm not sure on the consistency of what is British and what is English in Football, so he may well be too
  • Well, Morgan did shoot with composure, technique and on target. Scored!
    If he can do that consistently it will be a substantial qualitative leap forward.
    I share the doubts about him and probably wouldn't lose sleep if he departs, but in fairness he is still comparatively young and maybe we can make a real player of him yet.
    Ha, good sell. Morgan said himself it was a hit and hope!
  • mendonca said:
    Well, Morgan did shoot with composure, technique and on target. Scored!
    Did he? Christ, way to burst my bubble.
  • mendonca said:
    Nobody complained when Rommedahl said similar of his goals.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    I'll kill anybody who says a bad word against Rommedahl.  ;)
    All six of his Charlton goals were masterpieces, it's a shame none of them were at the Valley and maybe he would have momentarily silenced some of his no-nothing detractors.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Only closed his eyes at Sellout so he didn't have to look at their moronic fans 😎
  • Any love for Ryan Hardie? 19 goals in all competitions last year. Can score with both feet and his head.
  • edited July 2022
    Any love for Ryan Hardie? 19 goals in all competitions last year. Can score with both feet and his head.
    Would be a kick in the balls for Plymouth - Another one season wonder though
  • Any love for Ryan Hardie? 19 goals in all competitions last year. Can score with both feet and his head.
    He's better than Davison for sure.