Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    mart77 said:
    Another shit Twitter rumour alert🚨🚨

What! and the ones mentioned on the 271 pages here are not shit?  :)
  • edited July 2022
    Shit Twitter rumour alert 🚨 

Thanks Co
  • edited July 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    On his day JF-C is very, very good. If he stays fit this season there’s no reason he couldn’t force his way into the starting eleven. 
    He's one of those players who will have a great season for sure if he leaves.
    Everyone is good on their day, that's why they became professional footballers. 
    Not everyone is very, very good on their day though.
    In fact at this level few are.  
    Great hat-trick at the Valley, and he doesn’t really have many off days, from what I can remember?
    Well anyway, I’d be disappointed if he left without someone coming in to replace him, and I’m still not convinced by Gilbey.
  • Scoham said:
    Here’s the article https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-hull-wilks-24484787

Wednesday bid around £200k, Hull want more. Famewo for £50k was the first fee they paid for a couple of years, so they’re another club not throwing money round when it comes to transfer fees.
    I believe Sheff W were on a transfer embargo last year. Came out of it a week before the season started iirc. They had a few new players when they played us on the first week of the season but they were all on a one in/one out basis like we were & no fee/ replacement wages. 

Similar to Derby this season. Both teams will be stronger as time goes on. 
  • There should be some sort of filter/button (separate thread?!) on here to differentiate between "rumour" & "wishlist".
    That said, Wilks should be top of any of our personal wishlists this summer.
    He's one of the most memorable opposition players at this level in recent years.
    The Yorkshire connection is apparent but he's a young lad, who's to say he wouldn't fancy a spell in the capital?
    Ideal replacement for Washington under Garner's ethos. Arguably an upgrade.
    Highly doubt we're in for him though. Someone Gallen must have already enquired about more than once over the past few years.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    Here’s the article https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-hull-wilks-24484787

Wednesday bid around £200k, Hull want more. Famewo for £50k was the first fee they paid for a couple of years, so they’re another club not throwing money round when it comes to transfer fees.
    50 k is cheap for Famewo isn't it? 
    Not if you've seen him play
    Guessing you missed the part before his injury where he showed tremendous potential to the point we were praying for him to return quicker? It’s worth taking the gamble at 50k even though he was absolute garbage after his injury  
  • There should be some sort of filter/button (separate thread?!) on here to differentiate between "rumour" & "wishlist".
    He's one of the most memorable opposition players at this level in recent years.
    The Yorkshire connection is apparent but he's a young lad, who's to say he wouldn't fancy a spell in the capital?
    Highly doubt we're in for him though. Someone Gallen must have already enquired about more than once over the past few years.

There's no argument about it, he would be a massive upgrade on Washington. 18 goals and 8 assists last time he was in league 1, which is more goals and assists than Washington blessed us with over his 2 seasons of utter mediocrity.
  • edited July 2022
    Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday looking at Kyle Joseph from Swansea.

20 years old, born in Barnet and came through the Wigan academy. Scottish youth international. Would be a loan prospect.

5 goals in 12 starts (6 sub apps) for Wigan 20-21
    4 goals in 13 starts (6 sub apps) for Cheltenham 21-22
    Gets about a bit
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    There should be some sort of filter/button (separate thread?!) on here to differentiate between "rumour" & "wishlist".

There's no argument about it, he would be a massive upgrade on Washington. 18 goals and 8 assists last time he was in league 1, which is more goals and assists than Washington blessed us with over his 2 seasons of utter mediocrity.
    It’s a monumental upgrade, and I say that as someone who didn’t mind Washington that much.  

Wilks is one of them players I remember seeing on the <insert Yorkshire team> team sheet and thought oh shit this guy again he’s mustard.  
  • But why would Weds be ending thier interest in Wilks? Wages? Fee? Attitude? He's well known for being a pain in the arse and difficult to manage, and I'm surprised he's such a target on here given that he was in and out - but mostly out - of a Hull side that finished 19th in the Championship where he scored 3 goals and got one assist. He's had two very good League One seasons, but whether it's cost or attitude, I don't know if it's necessarily worth us pushing the boat out to take a risk on a player who definitely can't do it up a level. I'm not against him signing but I'm surprised there's such a swell of support for him, especially given what happened the last time we signed a well-known difficult player last seen at Hull. Why are Hull letting him go?
    I wouldn't say Wilkes is the answer.  We need a Wilkes type player, one that is going to score goals from the wide areas.  Remember Maginnis and Eves were Hull Central strikers when they won the league. 
  • I’m genuinely finding it hard to believe Famewo was sold for 50k? He’s worth far more than that, gonna assume that’s a typo and meant to be 500k. I think him and O’Connell could have been formidable together. One bad season with two pants managers and a team that kept rotating doesn’t make him a bad player. Still kind of annoyed we didn’t get him and expect to see him in the team of the season for league one. 

McKirdy is probably worth about 500-800k in this market and his contract, a mill is a bit cheeky but he is their player and it isn’t my money. 

Not sure on Wilks, was caught up in that stabbing a few years back and seems a troubled lad on face value, cracking player though and I do really like a menace in the team. He has had some of our lower covered end fans on strings when he’s come to play here at times haha. 

Just imagine if we signed McKirdy and Wilks and they both started, opposition fans blood pressures would be through the roof 😂

• I’m genuinely finding it hard to believe Famewo was sold for 50k? He’s worth far more than that, gonna assume that’s a typo and meant to be 500k. I think him and O’Connell could have been formidable together. One bad season with two pants managers and a team that kept rotating doesn’t make him a bad player. Still kind of annoyed we didn’t get him and expect to see him in the team of the season for league one. 

McKirdy is probably worth about 500-800k in this market and his contract, a mill is a bit cheeky but he is their player and it isn’t my money. 

Not sure on Wilks, was caught up in that stabbing a few years back and seems a troubled lad on face value, cracking player though and I do really like a menace in the team. He has had some of our lower covered end fans on strings when he’s come to play here at times haha. 

Just imagine if we signed McKirdy and Wilks and they both started, opposition fans blood pressures would be through the roof 😂

No chance is he worth 500k 
  • Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:
    I’m genuinely finding it hard to believe Famewo was sold for 50k? He’s worth far more than that, gonna assume that’s a typo and meant to be 500k. I think him and O’Connell could have been formidable together. One bad season with two pants managers and a team that kept rotating doesn’t make him a bad player. Still kind of annoyed we didn’t get him and expect to see him in the team of the season for league one. 

Imo he’s certainly worth closer to 500k than 50k. Unproven teenagers go for fees higher than that. 

In regards to the media posts I can’t believe that, 50k is an absolute steal for a player with that experience and potential! Let’s not forget he’s only 23. I would have loved him to have signed for us. Just like how Kirk was written off and now showing signs there’s a player there I believe Akin will show the same. Expecting a hell of a performance from him when we play them. Ah well 
  • Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:
    I’m genuinely finding it hard to believe Famewo was sold for 50k? He’s worth far more than that, gonna assume that’s a typo and meant to be 500k. I think him and O’Connell could have been formidable together. One bad season with two pants managers and a team that kept rotating doesn’t make him a bad player. Still kind of annoyed we didn’t get him and expect to see him in the team of the season for league one. 

Imo he’s certainly worth closer to 500k than 50k. Unproven teenagers go for fees higher than that. 

In regards to the media posts I can’t believe that, 50k is an absolute steal for a player with that experience and potential! Let’s not forget he’s only 23. I would have loved him to have signed for us. Just like how Kirk was written off and now showing signs there’s a player there I believe Akin will show the same. Expecting a hell of a performance from him when we play them. Ah well 
    I can see him improving and it wouldn’t surprise me if he settles in the Championship, but he’s not the right type of CB for the style Garner is implementing.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

I can see him improving and it wouldn’t surprise me if he settles in the Championship, but he’s not the right type of CB for the style Garner is implementing.

He's far more suited than Lavelle is in my opinion. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Each to their own & we are all gonna have our own opinions, but he is head and shoulders above Lavelle and Innis in his passing ability imo. Garners team liked a long ball last season as much as they had possession and he has that in his locker, he is also very comfortable with the ball at his feet and a great carrier when he is playing confident. Most of his bad passes were due to the rubbish ahead of him being shy of the ball or running out of options cause we had a crap system. 

I won’t go on about him too much anyway, he’s at Wednesday now and that’s that. Hopefully we can find better 
  • I know I said I wouldn’t post but he had a 70% pass accuracy in 2020-21 with an average of just under 4 long ball attempts in those 20 or so games he played for us, suggests to me he certainly can pass it about. Lavelle on the other hand, in a full season of league 2 with Morecambe had something like 53%, doesn’t strike me as a Garner type centre back. 

I ain’t saying he is the answer to our problems at all, but for 50k they’ve done extremely well as he has genuine potential. On the flip side Innis is a crock and Lavelle seems like a league 1/2 slogger to me. 

Anywho sorry to spam, back to the rumours ;) 
  • To my knowledge lavelle  has had no howlers though, he’s hardly been our biggest issue this past year.
  • I know I said I wouldn’t post but he had a 70% pass accuracy in 2020-21 with an average of just under 4 long ball attempts in those 20 or so games he played for us, suggests to me he certainly can pass it about. Lavelle on the other hand, in a full season of league 2 with Morecambe had something like 53%, doesn’t strike me as a Garner type centre back. 

I ain’t saying he is the answer to our problems at all, but for 50k they’ve done extremely well as he has genuine potential. On the flip side Innis is a crock and Lavelle seems like a league 1/2 slogger to me. 

Anywho sorry to spam, back to the rumours ;) 
    It was the long ball passes that he couldn't keep on the pitch that caught the eye of many fans.
  • This thread gets so tedious. Rumours? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Southbank said:
    swordfish said:
    Just to clarify, I fired off an EFL request for information the other day on squad limits for the season and got the following reply.

"The squad limit for League One Clubs is 22 players, of which 8 must be homegrown. As you suggest for League One Clubs, Under 21’s and Goalkeepers don’t count towards the limit. This is covered under Regulation 43.9 of the EFL Regulations."

Hope that helps those who, like myself, were still unsure.

Will we have 8 home grown players, not including Goalkeepers?

Morgan, Henry, Elerewe and Leaburn are the only 4 near the squad.

Then Kanu, Barker, Clayden, Bakrin?

Seems a bit implausible, or am I missing something?
    Home Grown doesnt mean players that have solely come through your own Academy.

Its those who came through an Academy in England - I imagine the only player who isnt home grown in the squad is Eoghan O'Connell because he started out in Scotland, but even then I'm not sure on the consistency of what is British and what is English in Football, so he may well be too
    Josh Davison, ponytail, doesn't count as home grown for some seriously bizarre reason....

The Home Office revoked his nationality due to issues with his hairstyle 
  • Scoham said:
    Do we get a sell on fee? 🤭