Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    young local lad, hot prospect currently at Leeds - we tried to get him on loan in January but he wasn't being loaned out - he's going out on loan this year - 7 championship sides and 1 league 1 have registered an interest so far this window - the league 1 club isn't us so guessing garner not as keen as jacko was ???   - shame 
    Doesn't seen likely he'd go to the L1 side when there's so much interest from the league above?
    local lad 
    So he’d turn down potentially good Champ sides just to live locally for a season? What if two of those Champ clubs are Millwall and QPR?
  • Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    young local lad, hot prospect currently at Leeds - we tried to get him on loan in January but he wasn't being loaned out - he's going out on loan this year - 7 championship sides and 1 league 1 have registered an interest so far this window - the league 1 club isn't us so guessing garner not as keen as jacko was ???   - shame 
    Doesn't seen likely he'd go to the L1 side when there's so much interest from the league above?
    local lad 
    So he’d turn down potentially good Champ sides just to live locally for a season? What if two of those Champ clubs are Millwall and QPR?
    One is millwall which worries me and I’ve told his dad it cannot happen under any circumstances - league 1 club is MKD - signs r they will be a threat this year - think he will choose based on the footballing aspect but a move back home appeals, I know that 
  • Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 

I'd be very very surprised if QPR wasn't one of the clubs in for him anyway with Michael Beales connections. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 

I'd be very very surprised if QPR wasn't one of the clubs in for him anyway with Michael Beales connections. 
    Their not 
  • edited July 2022
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    One is millwall which worries me and I’ve told his dad it cannot happen under any circumstances - league 1 club is MKD - signs r they will be a threat this year - think he will choose based on the footballing aspect but a move back home appeals, I know that 
    Assuming it’s Lewis Bate then from what I can see he’s a CM. It’s a position where we’re currently more likely to reduce our numbers than add to. I wouldn’t be surprised if any of JFC, Gilbey or Morgan move on which could open up a spot for a squad player later in the window. It seems likely Dobson, Fraser and McGrandles will be our first choice midfield three. We could also still be looking to bring in Payne for that role.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    I'm slightly confused where this being down on Lavelle has come from all of a sudden. I thought when he returned from injury last year he took a couple of games to get match sharp, but then was looking strong and composed before he got crocked again. He seems to read the game well and I didn't get the impression he was that slow. I would be perfectly happy to start next season with O'Connell and Lavelle as our back 2.
    Lavelle vs Burton was the best CB performance of last season imho, and in that run of games he clearly showed how good he was. Hopefully he'll be back at that standard early doors, as he took a while to get going last year.
  • I can see Lavelle being key in the scrappy games against the Morecambe’s and the Fleetwood’s.  Those were always Pearce’s best games.  
  • edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    Assuming it’s Lewis Bate then from what I can see he’s a CM. It’s a position where we’re currently more likely to reduce our numbers than add to. I wouldn’t be surprised if any of JFC, Gilbey or Morgan move on which could open up a spot for a squad player later in the window. It seems likely Dobson, Fraser and McGrandles will be our first choice midfield three. We could also still be looking to bring in Payne for that role.
    If they let JFC go, who do we think is Dobson's backup?
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    Clare?
  • Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    McGrandles and Henry
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    Clare?
    Could be a good shout. Danger is spreading ourselves thin if he's also the backup RB.
  • Chunes said:
    sam3110 said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    DOUCHER said:
    local lad 
    Clare?
    Could be a good shout. Danger is spreading ourselves thin if he's also the backup RB.
    Was never a problem with kishishev!!
  • Have we bought Cole Stockton yet? If not, this thread is not worth the time of day? Even saw ex Charlton, Obika, scoring for Morecombe. We're doomed. 
    If your posting style is implicit in your username, is there really any point posting?
  • Only placing it here as he was once linked with us...

• Leuth said:
    Have we bought Cole Stockton yet? If not, this thread is not worth the time of day? Even saw ex Charlton, Obika, scoring for Morecombe. We're doomed. 
    If your posting style is implicit in your username, is there really any point posting?
    happyvalley is exempt from this obv
  • edited July 2022
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Have we bought Cole Stockton yet? If not, this thread is not worth the time of day? Even saw ex Charlton, Obika, scoring for Morecombe. We're doomed. 
    happyvalley is exempt from this obv
    Grumpyaddick however!!😂
  • TelMc32 said:
    Only placing it here as he was once linked with us...

ffs…now I’ve got the bloody hokey kokey in my head 😖
    I didn't until YOU mentioned it  :D
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

I’ve just put my left leg in!!!😤
  • J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    Here’s the article https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sheffield-wednesday-transfer-hull-wilks-24484787

Wednesday bid around £200k, Hull want more. Famewo for £50k was the first fee they paid for a couple of years, so they’re another club not throwing money round when it comes to transfer fees.
    50 k is cheap for Famewo isn't it? 
    Not if you've seen him play
    A defender who can't defend is like a car with no engine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we think we’ll bring anyone else in before Accrington?

If not, be interesting to see how we finally line up

Mac/Wollacott - haven’t a clue who is first choice 

Clare Inniss O’Connell Sessegnon

Morgan Dobson McGrandles (if fit)

CBT Stockley Kirk

Haven’t been following pre-season, so educated guess as to what I’ve picked up on here 
  • cabbles said:
    Do we think we’ll bring anyone else in before Accrington?

CBT Stockley Kirk

Haven’t been following pre-season, so educated guess as to what I’ve picked up on here 
    I would've thought Fraser is a starter
  • McGrandles won't be ready for the start of the season either, IMO. 
  • cabbles said:

CBT Stockley Kirk

Wollacott

Clare, Innis, O’Connell, Sessegnon 

Dobson, JFC

Fraser 

CBT, Stockley, Kirk 

Subs: McGillivray, Lavelle, Clayden, Morgan, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Leaburn

• Bloody hell, completely forgot about Fraser.  Yes, completely agree he will be starting 
  • cabbles said:

CBT Stockley Kirk

Wollacott

Clare, Innis, O’Connell, Sessegnon 

Dobson, JFC

Fraser 

CBT, Stockley, Kirk 

Subs: McGillivray, Lavelle, Clayden, Morgan, Jaiyesimi, Aneke, Leaburn

Think this will be it if we sign nobody until then. 
  • Kirk wouldn't be in my starting line up at the moment ahead of DJ.
    Elewere would be on my subs bench at least.