Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Jackson still helping us out, good man.
    Agent Jacko, can he go for Gilbey next please 
  • Who needs strikers when you have goal scoring midfielders. Peps got it wrong again. Fancy buying a player over 6ft. Plank.

😀
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I hope we have someone imminent to bring in up top. I'm happy with Davison moving on, but not if it leaves us short up top when we play Accrington
    Stockley starting, Aneke on the bench and Leaburn in reserve. We do need another striker before the end of the window but it’s not that urgent. Left back is probably the position we need most at the moment before Accrington hopefully 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I hope we have someone imminent to bring in up top. I'm happy with Davison moving on, but not if it leaves us short up top when we play Accrington
    Good point, hope the recruitment have thought of that.😜🙄
  • When are we going to pay a fee though, where’s the pope money gone??  Look at Derby and Sheff Wed!
    Derby paid nothing all been free .. 
    I’ve had it with TS and his lack of fees, he needs to start buying players before their contracts run out.
  • Ooh tasty.

Imagine we now also get Wilks + Stockton + Naby (can he play LB?) - a boy can but dream…
  • edited July 2022
    Who needs strikers when you have goal scoring midfielders. Peps got it wrong again. Fancy buying a player over 6ft. Plank.

😀
    Exactly... Especially as Kevin de Bruyne was their top scorer last season, and Gundogan the year before that ;):D
  • Scoham said:

Wand of a left foot !  Ok CBT, you can now move to the right flank. 
  • I'd be surprised if we didn't have a striker lined up ready to sign if we're working on a move out for Davison. Can't go into the season with 2 senior strikers and a group of talented but very inexperienced youngsters as cover. 
  • Can Payne play anywhere other than CAM, as in RF/LF?  Just wondering if that’s his plan for him or Fraser.  
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Stockley starting, Aneke on the bench and Leaburn in reserve. We do need another striker before the end of the window but it’s not that urgent. Left back is probably the position we need most at the moment before Accrington hopefully 
    There will be plenty of times that Aneke isn't fit. You can't rely on Leaburn to be the 2nd choice player yet
  • Assuming that the Swansea game will be Garner's likely first choice team, it will be very interesting who plays in midfield.
    BG seems to be quite measured in ensuring new players are integrated before getting them in the starting X1. My guess is Payne will be on the bench Saturday, coming on for 15 minutes or so late on.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Good that Richard Cawley is back in the know and Sage wins the messenger award so the likes won't be stripped from him.

The great unknown is how players dovetail but at least it seems we have another Payne in the window so now on to the LB issue B)
    I don't think we will sign a left back.

Guess what, I'm not convinced either as SS is going to play LB.  Is there some chubby but skilful 18 year old attacking LB who can attack like Luke Shaw but has gone under the radar?
    Grant Basey forging a birth certificate?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Good that Richard Cawley is back in the know and Sage wins the messenger award so the likes won't be stripped from him.

The great unknown is how players dovetail but at least it seems we have another Payne in the window so now on to the LB issue B)

Guess what, I'm not convinced either as SS is going to play LB.  Is there some chubby but skilful 18 year old attacking LB who can attack like Luke Shaw but has gone under the radar?
    Grant Basey forging a birth certificate?

Jacob Roddy
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Left back ✔
    Chubby 
    Skilful... oh, damn.
    18... nah, I'm definitely out.
  • If JFC does go I wonder if it will be reuniting with Robinson at Oxford. 
  • AFCW would be a great move for Davison.
    They haven't got room especially since they signed Washington, Euell, Pearce, Purrington...........

Funny isn't it Garner obliviously really rates Davison-Ponytail because he had him on loan last season and Jackson hates/doesn't rate Gunter and Davison because he didn't pick either of them.

Some of the 2+2=5 that goes on..
  • MarcusH26 said:
    If JFC does go I wonder if it will be reuniting with Robinson at Oxford. 
    There is still interest from above.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who needs strikers when you have goal scoring midfielders. Peps got it wrong again. Fancy buying a player over 6ft. Plank.

😀
    The same Pep who just won a Premier League title playing without strikers?
  • Just hear me out here, remember how good our diamond was 18/19, could that work again bearing in mind the midfield we have?

Dobson
    McGrandles, Payne 
    Fraser
    CBT, Stockley
  • Just hear me out here, remember how good our diamond was 18/19, could that work again bearing in mind the midfield we have?

Dobson
    McGrandles, Payne 
    Fraser
    CBT, Stockley
    It’s an option but not one Garner has used so far.

I think this is more about giving us depth than a move to a diamond.
  • Scoham said:
    Just hear me out here, remember how good our diamond was 18/19, could that work again bearing in mind the midfield we have?

Dobson
    McGrandles, Payne 
    Fraser
    CBT, Stockley

Agreed, think it looks decent though, CBT an massive upgrade in Parker!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:

That's interesting to know. I'd kind of written that off with Bows leaving Brum. If there's genuine championship interest then I'd wish JFC all the best and let him move on. 
  • Scoham said:
    Just hear me out here, remember how good our diamond was 18/19, could that work again bearing in mind the midfield we have?

Dobson
    McGrandles, Payne 
    Fraser
    CBT, Stockley

Agreed, think it looks decent though, CBT an massive upgrade in Parker!
    Apart from CBT not being a striker and his finishing being one of the worst parts of his game
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Jacko, the obvious connection
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MarcusH26 said:

That's interesting to know. I'd kind of written that off with Bows leaving Brum. If there's genuine championship interest then I'd wish JFC all the best and let him move on. 
    There was more than Brum interested last season.
  • Redhenry said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Jacko, the obvious connection
    He is ex Mkd.

Would that be a show stopper for AFC?

Dobson
    McGrandles, Payne 
    Fraser
    CBT, Stockley

CBT is not a striker, and dont think he could play there. Just because he is quick, it doesnt mean he would be good there imo