Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:
    There's a lot of flap about Dobson based on no evidence so far but I'm fairly calm about whether he stays or goes. I do think he's a better passer of the ball than he's given credit for and I think he could play higher up the pitch if we're playing a deep-lying playmaker at the base of the midfield rather than a destroyer. Having said that though, if Garner has decided that he doesn't suit what he's going to do then in terms of a sale his stock will never be higher than it is now after winning POTY, and with our well-stocked midfield we could afford to move him on more than we can afford to go into the bulk of the season without another winger and another striker. Some players just don't suit how a manager wants to play, and if Dobson falls into that category and Garner feels we don't need him because we have McGrandles doing a similar but slightly different role, and we use the money from his sale to get in a goal-scoring winger and some competition for Stockley then I'm happy. The most viable strategy any team has these days is to get decent players in and sell them on at a profit to bring in more decent players. We got Dobson for nothing, if Garner doesn't play with a player like him and we sell him for cash then that's not necessarily a bad thing. If this is all smoke though then I'm sure he can play in front of a deeper midfielder and play well. We'll just have to see what happens.

I simply disagree
    Dobson is better than McGrandles
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

He was our RUNAWAY player of the year.

Selling him because he's valuable is stupid economics if it makes us worse, which it will.

But if we use the money to improve the squad overall then it's good common sense. If he goes but a striker comes in that fits the system better than Stockley, we're better off overall.

The only one of those players you can realistically compare him to is McGrandles as the others just don't play in the same way or position. Certainly he is much, much better than Fraser or Payne defensively but I doubt he would bring as much going forward so I can't get behind the idea he's objectively THAT much better.
    We should not be selling our best player
    That's the wrong idea
    We have an option for another year
    We should build a team around him
    We can discuss this in 46 games time.  IF it happens.

• supaclive said:
    thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:
    There's a lot of flap about Dobson based on no evidence so far but I'm fairly calm about whether he stays or goes. I do think he's a better passer of the ball than he's given credit for and I think he could play higher up the pitch if we're playing a deep-lying playmaker at the base of the midfield rather than a destroyer. Having said that though, if Garner has decided that he doesn't suit what he's going to do then in terms of a sale his stock will never be higher than it is now after winning POTY, and with our well-stocked midfield we could afford to move him on more than we can afford to go into the bulk of the season without another winger and another striker. Some players just don't suit how a manager wants to play, and if Dobson falls into that category and Garner feels we don't need him because we have McGrandles doing a similar but slightly different role, and we use the money from his sale to get in a goal-scoring winger and some competition for Stockley then I'm happy. The most viable strategy any team has these days is to get decent players in and sell them on at a profit to bring in more decent players. We got Dobson for nothing, if Garner doesn't play with a player like him and we sell him for cash then that's not necessarily a bad thing. If this is all smoke though then I'm sure he can play in front of a deeper midfielder and play well. We'll just have to see what happens.

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

Selling him because he's valuable is stupid economics if it makes us worse, which it will.

But if we use the money to improve the squad overall then it's good common sense. If he goes but a striker comes in that fits the system better than Stockley, we're better off overall.

The only one of those players you can realistically compare him to is McGrandles as the others just don't play in the same way or position. Certainly he is much, much better than Fraser or Payne defensively but I doubt he would bring as much going forward so I can't get behind the idea he's objectively THAT much better.
    That's the wrong idea

If BG doesn’t go with him he is no longer our best player as he won’t be playing, if he isn’t in the plans, we don’t know for certain he isn’t , then probably worth cashing in. I’d be sad to see him go by the way, he may have been the best of a bad lot last year, but he was so much better he deserved the top 3 spot for POTY.🤣
  • edited July 2022
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

I know you disagree mate, because you LOL every single post that you don't agree with on here like you're worried they'll take the button away. I don't think they will, you can probably just use your words every time.
  • edited July 2022
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

I know you disagree mate, because you LOL every single post that you don't agree with on here like you're worried they'll take the button away. I don't think they will, you can probably just use your words every time.
    Not quite true.  I do find your comments funny at times.  However we all loved Dobson last year and suddenly, with no replacement for Washington or Davison and no left back, some of seem to think it might be a good idea to sell our runaway player of tbe year 

Come on now.

This is absurd.  We need to strengthen.   Not make the squad weaker 
  • supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

I’ve had a good weekends work of LOLS of derision!!! Actually find it quite funny. I have visions of people pressing the lol option really hard if they really really disagree!!., oh well😂
  • I didn’t realise Dobson was on par with prime Claude Makelele.

We finished 13th in League One ffs. No-one’s place, including the player of the year, should be safe.
    Very fair point. 13th in league 1, dear god it really got that bad didn’t it.🙄
  • paulfox said:
    I didn’t realise Dobson was on par with prime Claude Makelele.

We finished 13th in League One ffs. No-one’s place, including the player of the year, should be safe.
    Very fair point. 13th in league 1, dear god it really got that bad didn’t it.🙄
    Very very bad
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:

Without him, we'd probably have got relegated.....
    Yes we’d have been in trouble if we had had to rely on Ben Watson and Harry Arter.
  • supaclive said:

Yes we’d have been in trouble if we had had to rely on Ben Watson and Harry Arter.
    Exactly!!!
  • edited July 2022
    thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

Near enough every season since relegation from the PL we have sold our best player at the end of the year and fans on here have written what you have written.  Every season it has failed which ultimately has led to something like 8-9 seasons in L1 and us establishing ourselves as a mid table team in the lower leagues.

Dobson should be in the team, no arguments.  He is decent but won't command a fee of sufficient size to make a difference to us imo.
  • PWR

Has Dobson been sold yet and are we still talking about it?
  • edited July 2022
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

Wasn’t Forster-Caskey player of the year in a better team? I would rather we kept him and he continues to improve, but if selling him is the only way we can bring in the 3/4 more players we need due to financial fair play then I think it will make us have a better season, not worse

• sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:

And? That doesn't make him an automatic choice for a team that aspire to be in the playoffs at the end of the season. 

Yes he was our best player last season, but that was a very low bar to clear, and being the best player in a shit team isn't something to shout from the rooftops about. If Garner thinks he's the man to play and get us to the playoffs then cool, but equally if Garner decides he's only a squad player and he's not suited to our style of play, then I'm open minded enough to accept that 
    He’s no world beater, but that’s a little harsh on Dobbo, he was head and shoulders above, he quite possibly would have been even better in a better team. 
  • paulfox said:
    sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:

And? That doesn't make him an automatic choice for a team that aspire to be in the playoffs at the end of the season. 

Yes he was our best player last season, but that was a very low bar to clear, and being the best player in a shit team isn't something to shout from the rooftops about. If Garner thinks he's the man to play and get us to the playoffs then cool, but equally if Garner decides he's only a squad player and he's not suited to our style of play, then I'm open minded enough to accept that 
    He’s no world beater, but that’s a little harsh on Dobbo, he was head and shoulders above, he quite possibly would have been even better in a better team. 
    We agree on something!!  100%
  • supaclive said:
    thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

That's the wrong idea

It depends on whether or not you think he is our best player. Certainly he earned player of the year on merit but given the "competition" that's not as big an achievement as it could be.

He's probably the best outright defensive midfielder we have but in terms of all round play I would say a fully fit JFC is the better all round player, and in terms of a threat going forward CBT is certainly much more potent, with Fraser showing signs of blossoming in a formation that suits him and McGrandles and Payne both coming in with good reputations. Even if he WAS our best player it doesn't mean he still is.

I don't want him sold, I don't even think that Garner or Sandgaard want to get rid of him but IF he does end up going I don't think he's going to be as missed as much by this season's squad as he would've been last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

Near enough every season since relegation from the PL we have sold our best player at the end of the year and fans on here have written what you have written.  Every season it has failed which ultimately has led to something like 8-9 seasons in L1 and us establishing ourselves as a mid table team in the lower leagues.

Dobson should be in the team, no arguments.  He is decent but won't command a fee of sufficient size to make a difference to us imo.
    A fee for Dobson could be worth 3 players wages. That’s a huge difference if we are struggling to juggle FFP. Hopefully we can shift others like MacGillivray and Gilbey and then we can keep Dobson and get the signings we need. This is obviously what we will be trying to do but it’s not easy to sell shit. If it’s a choice between keeping Dobson and only signing 1 more or selling Dobson and signing 3/4 more then it’s a no brainer 
  • thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:
    thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

That's the wrong idea

It depends on whether or not you think he is our best player. Certainly he earned player of the year on merit but given the "competition" that's not as big an achievement as it could be.

He's probably the best outright defensive midfielder we have but in terms of all round play I would say a fully fit JFC is the better all round player, and in terms of a threat going forward CBT is certainly much more potent, with Fraser showing signs of blossoming in a formation that suits him and McGrandles and Payne both coming in with good reputations. Even if he WAS our best player it doesn't mean he still is.

I don't want him sold, I don't even think that Garner or Sandgaard want to get rid of him but IF he does end up going I don't think he's going to be as missed as much by this season's squad as he would've been last season.
    He's not better than a player we are trying to sell and not better than CBT?

oh my
    I give up
    Fraser?  
    Sigh
  • sam3110 said:
    But the argument is in a better team he wouldn't have to be mopping up and making so many tackles as he did, so would he stand out as much?
    Truthfully don’t know🤷🏻‍♂️
  • supaclive said:
    paulfox said:
    sam3110 said:
    supaclive said:

We agree on something!!  100%
    Sssshhhhh!!! Don’t tell anyone you agree with me, it won’t do you’re rep. Any good!!.🤣 
    feels a bit weird doesn’t it?!!😂
  • edited July 2022
    Can’t believe we’re still talking about Dobbo!

FFS have none of you got lives?
  • edited July 2022
    supaclive said:
    NabySarr said:
    thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

A fee for Dobson could be worth 3 players wages. That’s a huge difference if we are struggling to juggle FFP. Hopefully we can shift others like MacGillivray and Gilbey and then we can keep Dobson and get the signings we need. This is obviously what we will be trying to do but it’s not easy to sell shit. If it’s a choice between keeping Dobson and only signing 1 more or selling Dobson and signing 3/4 more then it’s a no brainer 
    Nonsense
    You don't sell your best players if you want to get promoted 
    He was the best player in a squad that managed to finish 13th and well short of promotion. He's hardly a League 1 Kante.

It absolutely would be a shame to see him go and I hope he doesn't. But I'm not convinced that he's going to be the difference between promotion or not next season given the style and tactics that Garner favours.
  • thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:
    NabySarr said:
    thenewbie said:
    supaclive said:

I simply disagree
    Payne
    Gilbey 
    Morgan
    JFC
    Fraser

Nonsense
    You don't sell your best players if you want to get promoted 
    He was the best player in a squad that managed to finish 13th and well short of promotion. He's hardly a League 1 Kante.
    Leicester since Kante?
    Don't do down the job he did
    He was our best player by miles!