Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Find a gem of a player and then look to sell. Great tactic to gain promotion.
    What if the manager has been told whatever he generates on transfer fees can be used to strengthen?
    We love to make these unknowns so positive. What if we have Kane lined up?
    Okay, but aren't you making an unknown a negative?

please can you show me any credible source other than a random suggestion on here that Dobson is being sold?

5,4,3,2,1.......no? Didn't think so.
  • Football finance expert Kieran McGuire saying on twitter that Newcastle have changed their policy of paying all transfer fees up front, so getting a discount, and now pay in instalments, like most clubs.

This means they agreed to pay Burnley the Pope fee in instalments which will probably mean we will get the same.

So the "Pope money" is less, in the short term, than many have thought.
    Burnley have factored the deal with Macquarie - it’s a bit like a pay day loan for transfers. You get the money up front and pay them when you get paid. Which means they have the cash now …… don’t know if that affects our part of the deal. 
    Not sure but I think them factoring their own income doesn't mean they have to pay us now.

But it will depend on the deal that was arranged when Meire was in charge so sure everything is watertight. She was a lawyer, you know.

Regardless, it may mean that we have a fraction of the sell on fee available now rather than all of it.  Or it may not.
  • It's interesting that strikers such as Simpson, Stockton and May still haven't moved on - suggests other clubs have doubts about the asking prices for all three of them.

As a comparison to Davison they both scored 9 league goals for Swindon, Davison slightly fewer games. Davison's a few years older while it was Simpson's first loan spell.

Would he be happy coming in without it being guaranteed that he'll be our main man up front? And would we pay several hundred £k for him to perhaps only be a squad player? Can't see TS going for that but being a 20 year old striker who did well in his first loan he's a player who could potentially be sold for a big profit.
  • Valley11 said:
    Any actual evidence that Dobson is going or pushing to go? Or just standard doom and gloom conjecture? 
    Haha it’s not doom and gloom. A rumour was posted and a discussion has ensued. It’s a message board. This is how it works. 
    What rumour?

• Valley11 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Any actual evidence that Dobson is going or pushing to go? Or just standard doom and gloom conjecture? 
    Haha it’s not doom and gloom. A rumour was posted and a discussion has ensued. It’s a message board. This is how it works. 
    What rumour?

Okay but usually rumours have something to back that up..like JFC...reported by Rich Cawley.

So where has it been mentioned about Dobson? 
  • Rich Cawley says we’re not one of the teams in for Ozoh as we have lots of midfielders
  • edited July 2022
    Some think McGrandles is POTY already.  
    Chinese whispers..iirc the post was saying that he could see "McGrandles ending up POTY", slightly different.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• No one said proof. It’s a rumours thread lads. 
    My own post was about the potential of losing Dobson. 
    Some proper pedants on here. 
  • Ellis Simms available for about 500k apparently, probably Championship interest in him though. 
    Would be the perfect signing for what we need as a winger/striker but he will definitely be playing above league 1 I would guess
  • Who is Ellis Simms ?
    Google him, you may find your answer there.
  • If we're deciding to not sign a striker, I wonder if one of our 9s might fit that Firminho type role. Off the top of my head I'd suggest someone like Payne might be suitable if not a little lightweight. Just somebody techincal to link up play as our wingers or Fraser push on forward. I'm not convinced we have that player at our club but might be a rotation option should Stockley go on a 3/4 game goal drought.
  • edited July 2022
  • For supporters it’s frustrating that it’s so obvious that we need to strengthen our attacking options in the full knowledge that failure to do so will probably cost us a chance of top six. I have little doubt that TS and BG know exactly this and are working hard to get it sorted out. The season hasn’t started and the window isn’t closed. Perhaps the sensible thing to do is to wait for both events to happen before we either slate the owner or panic. 
    100% 
  • Anyone know what the Transfer talk was in the sun this morning from Mr Nixon 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what the Transfer talk was in the sun this morning from Mr Nixon 
    Why, don't you get the papers until a day later than everyone else?  That would explain a lot actually...... 
  • edited July 2022
    Nixon has also linked Kemar Roofe to Sheffield Wednesday, on loan from Rangers.

He’s apparently on near 30k a week so I reckon we can rule him out for us
  • If I remember rightly, the only weakness in Garner`s outstanding stats last year at Swindon was his goals against tally. I think it might have been one of the highest?

Its all very well playing better to watch, possession football, if in the end it brings in the points.

Dobson`s outstanding peformance last season regularly stopped many opponents attacks from going further than around the half way line. Marshalling as he did across the whole mid-field area many threats did not even reach our very shaky defence to do more damage.

I wonder if Garner would consider the worth of "a Dobson" doing the same prevention job this year to keep the goals against stats down whilst fitting into his desired method of play?

A win-win?
  • JFC and Dobson played Friday, and I watched it on the stream, was at the Valley yesterday.
    I can’t for the life of me detect any obvious schism between either midfields, there may be fag paper differences but none that say he leaves and he stays, he’s a sub he plays.
    Right now for me the first three names on the team sheet for Accrington would be CBT, O’Connell and Clare.
  • edited July 2022
    Nixon has also linked Kemar Roofe to Sheffield Wednesday, on loan from Rangers.

He’s apparently on near 30k a week so I reckon we can rule him out for us
    He won't be going there then! 
  • For supporters it’s frustrating that it’s so obvious that we need to strengthen our attacking options in the full knowledge that failure to do so will probably cost us a chance of top six. I have little doubt that TS and BG know exactly this and are working hard to get it sorted out. The season hasn’t started and the window isn’t closed. Perhaps the sensible thing to do is to wait for both events to happen before we either slate the owner or panic. 
    But this was exactly what was said last year.

We needed a left back - told be patient & we have until the window closes. On deadline day we signed Saoure who was not match fit. Ditto Arter 

Aug 31st will be too late.  I said so last season & wasn't wrong. Do you want me to be right again 🙄
  • Ellis Simms available for about 500k apparently, probably Championship interest in him though. 
    Thought he’d already been signed. Go all out to get him! He is a fantastic prospect. Was the best player for half a season in league one 18 months ago. Has a slightly dodgy injury record too so will fit in well. 👍
  • edited July 2022
    Let's get one thing straight: IF George Dobson was to leave for a fee it is 100% nothing to do with he doesn't fit Ben Garner's System. He should be the first name on the team sheet after being the only candidate for POTY last season. Corey Blackett-Taylor was a major success as well but there was only one winner and if George leaves then I will be going to even less matches than the 14 homes games I went to last season which ironically enough included all mainly wins under Jackson and losses under the beleaguered Adkins. Even the Lincoln game with 10 men we had a enough chances to win but Conor had an off day with 4 good chances.

George Dobson is close to JJ so would have been gutted he left and football being about politics, there is a good chance that he could leave with JFC as Jake will be one of the biggest earners.

Might be worth noting that he was first name on Jackson’s team sheet and not Garners. 

George wasn't a first pick for Nigel Adkins but proved under JJ he was a good defensive midfielder and in my opinion could be so much for than that in a fluid midfield that Garner surely wants to play.
    To prove the point it was Morgan who closed the keeper down for the comical own goal, yet he was supposed to be the holding midfielder. The rigidity of formations are a thing of the past and unless you are playing Man City or Liverpool in the Cup as a minnow and play 5-4-1 !