Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ll guess two in (one defender, one striker) with one or two midfield outgoings.
    Do we need to balance the numbers, we could bring 1 or 2 in without shipping anyone out can't we? 
    Presume the news about the spending cap means it’s one in one out. Unless Sandgaard injects some money that’s not a loan 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ll guess two in (one defender, one striker) with one or two midfield outgoings.
    Do we need to balance the numbers, we could bring 1 or 2 in without shipping anyone out can't we? 
    Definitely need to move players on to bring some in. Can only spend 60% of our income on wages and that’s why Davison had to go before Payne came in. I’m surprised that we are close to the limit already but apparently we are. Maybe  youngsters on loan we will be able to get in under the limit
  • NabySarr said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Definitely need to move players on to bring some in. Can only spend 60% of our income on wages and that’s why Davison had to go before Payne came in. I’m surprised that we are close to the limit already but apparently we are. Maybe  youngsters on loan we will be able to get in under the limit
    With our strength in central midfield. If we got a good offer for Dobson and sold him but then could use that money to bring in 3/4 then I think that would be worth it. Otherwise I think we will only see 1/2 in and the likes of Elerewe, Clayden, Leaburn being more involved than we’d probably want 
  • CAFCDAZ said:

So a formation we won't play, and the strike force in one guy who doesn't start and another who doesn't play for us?
    I have it on good authority that garner will not and does not play 2 up top. Our next 3 will be more than likely a CB, LB and a winger. Also looking at a other DM as cover for dobo. Asked about strikers and they said no chance of us getting another striker, as no ones gonna want to play backup to JS, and they don't want JS to be backup. 
    That’s an ambitious lineup there Daz, already got Stockton up front, and we ain’t even signed him yet!
  • Ross said:
    Garner: I'd still like to get one or two in (from his post match interview today)
    It was two or three last night…
    And he got Payne in 
  • CAFCDAZ said:

So a formation we won't play, and the strike force in one guy who doesn't start and another who doesn't play for us?
    I have it on good authority that garner will not and does not play 2 up top. Our next 3 will be more than likely a CB, LB and a winger. Also looking at a other DM as cover for dobo. Asked about strikers and they said no chance of us getting another striker, as no ones gonna want to play backup to JS, and they don't want JS to be backup. 
    I think it hard to believe we’re in for another DM to cover Dobson. More likely we sell him, even then we might not need to replace as we’d still have 6 CMs plus Clare/Henry. 
  • edited July 2022
    Ross said:
    Garner: I'd still like to get one or two in (from his post match interview today)
    And he got Payne in 
    You already know Payne wasn’t included in the numbers.
  • edited July 2022
    Ross said:
    And he got Payne in 
    You already know Payne wasn’t included in the numbers.
    The voices in Ronnies head only told him we'd signed Payne last night 
  • Sponsored links:

• Garner: I'd still like to get one or two in (from his post match interview today)
    Need at least 4 or 5 if we are serious about promotion 
  • Garner: I'd still like to get one or two in (from his post match interview today)
    Need at least 4 or 5 if we are serious about promotion 
    Need to ship a few out to balance the books to get those 4 or 5 in. 
  • supaclive said:
    If we sell Dobson we are mental
    If we don't sign a goalscorer (whether through the middle or wide) we are mental
    If we don't sign a left back we are mental

Ergo
    We are mental
    Garner says he wants 1 or 2 more, seems likely that includes at least one of those positions? The only other gap could be CB, and with Inniss's injury record that would be understandable.
  • Palace youngster David Ozoh linked. Highly rated centre mid.
  • mart77 said:
    Palace youngster David Ozoh linked. Highly rated centre mid.
    Palace, only 17 and plays in the last position we need. That'll really wind some up but I believe it when I see it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19297263/malcolm-ebiowei-crystal-palace-transfer-loan-exclusive/

Palace will let outstanding kid David Ozoh go on loan after also emerging in pre-season.

The powerful midfield prospect, 17, is fancied by Charlton among others.

• edited July 2022
    Scoham said:
    mart77 said:
    Palace, only 17 and plays in the last position we need. That'll really wind some up but I believe it when I see it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19297263/malcolm-ebiowei-crystal-palace-transfer-loan-exclusive/

Palace will let outstanding kid David Ozoh go on loan after also emerging in pre-season.

The powerful midfield prospect, 17, is fancied by Charlton among others.

I have visions of no more transfers until the 11th hour on deadline day when a tweet from the Charlton Twitter reading "don't go to bed yet Charlton fans..." appears, followed by Dobson and JFC leaving and us signing this kid.

But nah surely this is just speculation due to Garners ex palace links.... Right?

• Aneke.? In your dreams.
    Why is the question mark after Aneke and not Stockton? One plays for us the other doesn't! 
  • Sponsored links:

• I didn't see any of today's game, but "pleased" to hear others confirm what I immediately thought after watching the half of Sutton game he played, that Sessegnon isn't a natural LB. 

McGrandles and Payne are excellent signings and a step up in quality, but have added to a part of the field where we already had a lot of options - JFC, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey, Fraser, Clare, Henry - whereas we have no left footed left back, only 3 senior CBs (one with an awful fitness record), no wide forwards and only 2 senior No 9s, one of whom is best suited to be a supersub.
    I think Sessignon will work very well with CBT and less well with Kirk. Kirk needs a left footer to over lap him to give him that yard which I don’t think Sessignon will do. 

I also think, judging by today’s game, CBT’s time as a wingback last year has added to the maturity in his game and when Sessignon bombed forward he made sure he covered him so we weren’t hit down the break.

All the Swansea attacks in the first hour, came down our right side. Fraser, O’Connell, Sessignon and CBT kept our left completely blocked out.
  • edited July 2022
    Chizz said:
    supaclive said:
    If we don't sign a goalscorer (whether through the middle or wide) we are mental

Ergo
    We are mental
    I like it. What tune is it sung to though? 

I believe it's been artfully composed to fit the tune of let's go fucking mental. Hope we sing it up at Accy
  • Chizz said:
    supaclive said:

Ergo
    We are mental
    I like it. What tune is it sung to though? 
    Live it up by
    Mental as Anything
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Presume the news about the spending cap means it’s one in one out. Unless Sandgaard injects some money that’s not a loan 
    The Pope money counts as income.....

I am not suggesting that it should be used, or not, to increase the playing budget but ot gives us plenty of headroom against the rules.
  • edited July 2022
    mart77 said:
    If we was going to go for anyone from Palace, I personally would like it to be Rak-Sakyi 
    This kid is meant to be highly-rated also and plays out on the Wing as well which is a position we need strengthening on.! 
  • mart77 said:
    If we was going to go for anyone from Palace, I personally would like it to be Rak-Sakyi 
    This kid is meant to be highly-rated also and plays out on the Wing as well which is a position we need strengthening on.! 
    Staying with the first team i believe.
  • I don't need no UEFA coaching license to tell you we need a striker, if none is signed before the transfer window is shut then TS and possibly BG have set us up to fail. 

I do however believe we will bring one in on loan. 
  • No new potential signings seen in the stand yesterday?