Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Garner's said Chuks should be fine, was taken off as a precaution.
    It’s of course good news but Chuks has had a close season to rest and recuperate and a few weeks training and medical attention to hone his fitness yet he’s still needed being withdrawn. It doesn’t auger that well does it ? 
  • Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Could it have been Tyreece Simpson...? 
  • Scoham said:
    please don't spoil it
    Haven't you had enough fun with your Accrington team news? :smile:
  • Scoham said:
    It’s of course good news but Chuks has had a close season to rest and recuperate and a few weeks training and medical attention to hone his fitness yet he’s still needed being withdrawn. It doesn’t auger that well does it ? 
    No, I wonder what the dynamic is with him within the squad, is everyone just professional and accept it?, or is there a feeling he gets special treatment? Personality wise he seems a lovely well liked fella. The guy must be shit scared to run and jump!! You would have thought the medical team would have dealt with it by now.
  • edited July 2022
    Is Cannon still in the mix? 
  • Southbank said:
    The idea that we can rely on Stockley, a semi crock Aneke and the totally untested Leaburn, backed up by CBT and Kirk/DJ as our 5/6 main goalscorers as some people are suggesting is frankly delusional. We will be very lucky to get 30 goals between the 5/6 of them. And that is before you even factor in at least one serious injury which comes along regularly
    And you might get 10 more, apart from penalties, from whichever 2 attacking mids you pick from Fraser, Gilbey, Payne etc.
    Not enough goals in this squad.
    It's so obvious that I can't believe we're not looking to bring in at least one more attacking player, whether that's a striker, winger or both.

Garner said 2 or 3 more, I feel whether he wants to bring in a LB or CB depends on how highly he rates Clayden and Deji/Ness.
  • Sponsored links:

• A former loan player, who probably had the worst month of his career with us before.....

Scott Sinclaire is a name I heard we have an interest in.  Not close though.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    A former loan player, who probably had the worst month of his career with us before.....

I thought he’d retired!!! 
  • Is Cannon still in the mix? 
    Been fired, apparently :wink:
  • Scoham said:
    Southbank said:
    The idea that we can rely on Stockley, a semi crock Aneke and the totally untested Leaburn, backed up by CBT and Kirk/DJ as our 5/6 main goalscorers as some people are suggesting is frankly delusional. We will be very lucky to get 30 goals between the 5/6 of them. And that is before you even factor in at least one serious injury which comes along regularly
    And you might get 10 more, apart from penalties, from whichever 2 attacking mids you pick from Fraser, Gilbey, Payne etc.
    Not enough goals in this squad.
    It's so obvious that I can't believe we're not looking to bring in at least one more attacking player, whether that's a striker, winger or both.

Garner said 2 or 3 more, I feel whether he wants to bring in a LB or CB depends on how highly he rates Clayden and Deji/Ness.
    Does it or does it reflect on the fact he can't have everything at once?  What do you need least? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    A former loan player, who probably had the worst month of his career with us before.....

I really hope not. And doesn’t really line up with the business we’ve been doing. Relatively young players on the up. SS is definitely not that
  • Cafc43v3r said:

He hates The Valley crowd though.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Didn’t he say that we mad him cry after one game?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Is Cannon still in the mix? 
    Been fired, apparently :wink:
    Balls.
  • Sambcafc said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I really hope not. And doesn’t really line up with the business we’ve been doing. Relatively young players on the up. SS is definitely not that
    We signed relatively young players last summer until close to/after the window.

Nothing wrong with a couple of old heads at the end of the window to give depth, takes some pressure off the kids as well. 

Not advocating for SS but because we have got it wrong in the past doesn't make it an invalid option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So where are the rumours..

The middle age woman (Mrs Adams) who lives at number 38 and who's husband left her for her Brother, had a Pizza delivered at 12 midnight last Tuesday when I was doing my stint at neighbourhood watch;  I noticed the 12 inch and twisted Dough balls.  He said hello and he went inside and there was groaning coming out of the window within 5 minutes.
    I'm not being judgemental but you really shouldn't eat that late at night and not expect to get indigestion.
    Welcome back Marcus!
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

That's Left field.
    I had to check he hadn't retired, but at 33 there would be better options for him to finish his career and enjoy a decent lifestyle. The USA with its slower pace for an aging wide man. 

Scott Sinclair's other half is Model and occasional actress Helen Flanagan who is now a WAG of 3. Helen befriended my daughter when they were nurses on Holby city.  

There's no business like show business....
  • These types of profiles just do not work for us.
  • Linkage:

Jayden Stockley and Scott Sinclair were at Preston together in 2020. 

Just saying.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

That's Left field.
    I had to check he hadn't retired, but at 33 there would be better options for him to finish his career and enjoy a decent lifestyle. The USA with its slower pace for an aging wide man. 

Scott Sinclair's other half is Model and occasional actress Helen Flanagan who is now a WAG of 3. Helen befriended my daughter when they were nurses on Holby city.  

There's no business like show business....
    She's both a wife an a girlfriend to 3 people?

Unusual, but each to their own.
  • cafckev said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Didn’t he say that we mad him cry after one game?
    Something along those lines. I think things were pretty toxic under Pardew at the time.