Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Swisdom said:
    JFC is probably too good for Leyton Orient but you have to wonder if pre season has highlighted that he can’t operate at a suitably high level.  The mind may be willing but is the body able??
    I’m not sure if he’s had much of a suck at the pineapple yet has he? Having come back from such a long term injury he’d need matches to get his mojo back, and I don’t think he’s had enough yet. I hope we give him a bit more time before condemning him to a future in L2.
  • swordfish said:
    Dizzle said:
    Did we ever find out who Tracey Leaburn’s gym buddy was? 
    Apparently the closest likeness was another Swindon player, a defender whose surname sounded like a holiday resort in North Wales, Llandudno or something very much like it, but it probably wasn't him.

Ellis Iandolo is from Maidstone doubt he needs showing around a gym in Sidcup.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    JFC is probably too good for Leyton Orient but you have to wonder if pre season has highlighted that he can’t operate at a suitably high level.  The mind may be willing but is the body able??
    I’m not sure if he’s had much of a suck at the pineapple yet has he? Having come back from such a long term injury he’d need matches to get his mojo back, and I don’t think he’s had enough yet. I hope we give him a bit more time before condemning him to a future in L2.
    We can't condemn him to league 2 against his wishes.  The only way he will end up atba Gillingham, Swindon, Wimbledon etc is if Garner tells him categorically he won't play. At all.  That hasn't happened.

He was captain about 3 weeks ago!

Of course he isnt guaranteed to play, neither are any of the others.  Its highly likely that one will leave, if not now, at Christmas.  He has the least time left on his contract so the most obvious one to try and move on.

There was firm championship interest, not just from Birmingham, before he did his ACL.  He wants to explore if there is still any.  That's it.  That's the story.

Any suggestion he is being binned because he is not good enough is nonsense.  
  • Well the next 200 posts will be about whether Bolasie would be mustard or absolute piss (even though Pav exclusively said it wasn't him...) and then it will devolve into whether we should be getting young, promising players from our league/below, or older experienced players from the leagues above, with examples of success/failures on each side.
  • Dizzle said:
    Did we ever find out who Tracey Leaburn’s gym buddy was? 
    One of U23s
  • DOUCHER said:
    is it beyond the realms of possibility that the player spotted in the car park is a current squad member ?  
    I watch all our games in person or via Charlton TV and catch our youth games highlights too. He was definitely not one of our existing squad. Let’s see if we announce or see somebody new come Saturday, as this bloke did reference Saturday when getting in his motor. I will take the 5/10 btw, I would be giving myself 2 or 3. Proper half cocked (where’s Kenneth when you need him) information, but thought worth sharing nevertheless.
    absolutely - given what you've just said i'd say it seems likely he's a new striker - fingers crossed  
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    is it beyond the realms of possibility that the player spotted in the car park is a current squad member ?  
    I watch all our games in person or via Charlton TV and catch our youth games highlights too. He was definitely not one of our existing squad. Let’s see if we announce or see somebody new come Saturday, as this bloke did reference Saturday when getting in his motor. I will take the 5/10 btw, I would be giving myself 2 or 3. Proper half cocked (where’s Kenneth when you need him) information, but thought worth sharing nevertheless.
    absolutely - given what you've just said i'd say it seems likely he's a new striker - fingers crossed  
    Or a new door man for one of the bars......
  • Throwing a name into the ring. Scott Tanser.
    Hmm you were right about McGrandles...
  • DOUCHER said:
    Do you remember what car? Could help show if he's a kid, a loan or a player making the step up from Portsmouth! @pavoren007
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    We can't condemn him to league 2 against his wishes.  The only way he will end up atba Gillingham, Swindon, Wimbledon etc is if Garner tells him categorically he won't play. At all.  That hasn't happened.

Of course he isnt guaranteed to play, neither are any of the others.  Its highly likely that one will leave, if not now, at Christmas.  He has the least time left on his contract so the most obvious one to try and move on.

There was firm championship interest, not just from Birmingham, before he did his ACL.  He wants to explore if there is still any.  That's it.  That's the story.

JFC, Gilbey and Morgan all have 1 year left on their contracts, so it may come down to fitness, scope for improvement and what they add to the squad, in terms of options
  • edited July 2022
    Throwing a name into the ring. Scott Tanser.
    Hmm you were right about McGrandles...
    He just signed a two year contract extension at St Mirren in May so it might be tough to prise him away but definitely someone who can create chances from the left side of the pitch.

Would be a great foil for Kirk.
  • mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Do you remember what car? Could help show if he's a kid, a loan or a player making the step up from Portsmouth! @pavoren007
    Or if it isnt his, then we'll know its a Millwall player
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Danlazzz said:
    Not sure how reliable the account is, But it would make sense. A young pacey forward that can play wide as well. Broke into their first team last season.
    Would rather develop Leaburn than someone else’s young striker. And definitely not Millwall’s. 
    Burey is a good prospect and definitely has potential. But if he’s going to get experience playing third tier football then I’d rather him do it with one of the bigger L1 clubs if I’m honest. Someone like Ipswich, Portsmouth  or Sheffield Wed . Not sure what he would gain from playing at charlton. 
    All these clubs you Mentioned are big than smallwall plus a few more in our league I can think of 6 more including us.🍺
    Is this a rumour that you've heard, or just a player you think will fit mate?
  • mendonca said:
    DOUCHER said:
    All I can remember was that it was a 19 plate and looked like an average motor / nothing flash. Holmes nor Poirot need feel any pressure, huh 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Well he is a left back 
  • Heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke - Gavin Massey. 
    Almost certainly wrong. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

JFC, Gilbey and Morgan all have 1 year left on their contracts, so it may come down to fitness, scope for improvement and what they add to the squad, in terms of options
    Sorry I was working on the basis that Dobson, Fraser, JFC, Payne and McGrandle were playing for 3 places and Morgan and Gilbey wouldn't be.  Also that the latter two would be less pissed off if they weren't playing.