Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

•  I assumed JFC was bound for Swindon as partial compensation for stripping their first team bare 
    We haven’t stripped their team bare. The top players from their end of season player of the year awards are all still there (McKirdy, Reed etc).
    For now. 
  • On the basis that we were not willing to stump up the cash for their head coach Scott Lindsey….do you see us stumping up £500k for their best players?
  • Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Probably new Leaburn waiting for a lift home from his parents!
  • Rudders22 said:
    Did he look like this?

tyler burey - Bing images

No definitely not him
  • Definitely not Simpson - leaner in the face 
  • jams said:
    Just to pick up on the comparison to Oxford - in my view they are several years ahead of us in terms of their development, as are MK. They both have an identified way of playing, recruit to fit the style and have been there or thereabouts for the last few seasons. Obviously I hope we blow it out of the water but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see our new team and style progress and develop over 2 or 3 seasons before being promoted - whether that is acceptable depends on your viewpoint, and I also think TS may have to show some guts to stick with it if we have a dip at some point 
    Several years ahead of us!!!
    WTF….things change in a heartbeat from season to season.
    Yes of course they do, and I certainly hope we take off like a rocket but I won't be surprised if it takes a few seasons for us to get promoted - I think we're unlikely to blow it out of the water this year like 2011 , instead a slower build being more likely IMO
  • mendonca said:
    Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Probably new Leaburn waiting for a lift home from his parents!
    Definitely not Leaburn, would easily recognise him 👍🏻
  • Go on then @Pavoren007 I’ll have a go

• He had a black head scarf/bandana on, but I think this guy looks more like him. Who is this?
  • Sponsored links:

• He had a black head scarf/bandana on, but I think this guy looks more like him. Who is this?
    It’s Yannick Bolasie
    Lol, my boy has told me it is Bolasie. I am pretty sure it was not Bolasie, he looked younger. This is a picture of Bolasie a few years ago, no?

• I pray
  • edited July 2022
    Probably a new member of the Catering Staff, been in to see Tony Keohone for a bit of training on portion control ( " No more than 11 Chips.......").
  • bishop scored less than washington last season. I don't see him as a threat 
    We dont have Washington anymore, so if we had signed Bishop he'd score more than him this season.
  • Although not matching the profile of our other signings Bolasie was at Palace at the same time as Garner.
  • Dazzler21 said:

He is out of favour tbf! 😂👍🏼
  • Dazzler21 said:

Too short

• Sponsored links:

• Billyboy said:

Just choked on my breakfast. Outstanding Sir.
  • On the basis that we were not willing to stump up the cash for their head coach Scott Lindsey….do you see us stumping up £500k for their best players?
    Was not the case of us paying compensation it was Swindon not willing to release him until they see what happened with Richie Wellens  
  • Or maybe Lindsey got a better offer from Swindon like "stay and be the boss here"
    Simpson is an Ipswich player and by staying Lindsey is now head coach. I doubt we’ll pay as much as £500k for anyone but it wouldn’t be surprising to see us pay a fee like we have in recent windows.
  • Now people spotted in the car park is a proper rumour.

Move aside @sage, your days as top ITK are over.

Little known fact. Bolaise's cousin played for Charlton.
    I thought everyone knew he was a cousin of Tresor Kandol and the Lua Lua brothers.

Well Google certainly does.
  • I’d be surprised if TS sanctions paying £350k for a 33 year old.