Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Pompey sign striker Colby Bishop from Accrington for an undisclosed fee.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/bishop-joins-the-blues/
    Calm down, calm down!!! And count to ten before you comment !!🤣🤣
  • paulfox said:
    Scoham said:

Calm down, calm down!!! And count to ten before you comment !!🤣🤣
    Pass the Pigs 🐷🐷🐷
  • Couldn't give a flying fu*k who Portsmouth sign...🤷‍♂️
  • Portsmouth have made some good signings for a team looking to stay in League One 
  • Tyreeq Bakinson heading to Sheff Wed
    You might do when they hammer 4 past us.
  • edited July 2022
    Valley11 said:
    tbf to Portsmouth, Piggot and Bishop is a decent front two 
    I know it's not all about stats, but his don't look particularly impressive.
  • bishop scored less than washington last season. I don't see him as a threat 
  • Sponsored links:

You might do when they hammer 4 past us.
    Wouldn't care then either...just means we were shit! 
  • Just to pick up on the comparison to Oxford - in my view they are several years ahead of us in terms of their development, as are MK. They both have an identified way of playing, recruit to fit the style and have been there or thereabouts for the last few seasons. Obviously I hope we blow it out of the water but I wouldn't be at all surprised if we see our new team and style progress and develop over 2 or 3 seasons before being promoted - whether that is acceptable depends on your viewpoint, and I also think TS may have to show some guts to stick with it if we have a dip at some point 
  • Bishop and Pigott is a solid front 2 , be interesting to see if Pompey keep Ronan Curtis too. 
  • Scoham said:

I'm surprised at that.
  • Bishops decent but I wouldn’t take him over Stockley or Aneke. He’s also not the type of forward I think we need.
  • edited July 2022
    I certainly wouldn't swap Portsmouth's squad for ours... Still not looking great for them.
  • I know this all opinion stuff but Pigott and Bishop will be no threat at all. Ipswich before and Pompey now would bite our hand off to swop out Pigott  for Stockley and I’m sure we will recruit a decent alternative to Bishop. 
    We have a lot of fans who always think the grass is greener ! 
    It would be nice to have some grass to be honest. 
    That can easily be arraigned if you know the right people! 🥳
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
     B) 
  • Shame Pratley ain't still with us we could have watched him bash the Bishop 
  • 500 grand on Bishop. Goals don’t come cheap hence why we spent a fair bit on Stockley
  •  I assumed JFC was bound for Swindon as partial compensation for stripping their first team bare 
    We haven’t stripped their team bare. The top players from their end of season player of the year awards are all still there (McKirdy, Reed etc).
  • Leuth said:
    Portsmouth have made some good signings for a team looking to stay in League One 
    A team looking to stay in league one? They finished 14 points above us last year despite a tight budget & have strengthened this summer….we have a lot of catching up to do.
  • Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Tyreece Simpson?

Tyreece Simpson latest after Ipswich Town contract dispute  Swindon  Advertiser
  • Valley11 said:
    tbf to Portsmouth, Piggot and Bishop is a decent front two 
    You mean they have two strikers!! Some people here think that is so old school.
  • Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Just as well……it was Frank Bruno.