Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    No we haven't paid a fee, because we haven't had too, and signed decent players regardless. This weird little narrative this summer, of player has come on a free, so must be shit, is tiring. 
    I don't think I've seen anyone on here saying our new signings are shit.
    But I think if we were to sign a Stockton or May it would give everyone a lift.
    Unfortunately, seen a few saying our signings are no good because they were "free" or came from lower division sides.
  • The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will then be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

I think you almost have to ignore Aneke. He will
    be used and will be a great weapon off the bench, but he’s kind of in his own unique niche. If you take him out of the equation we have one Senior striker and two kids, and the senior one has some injury question marks attached. 
    This.

If our 2 strikers were players who started every game, weekin, week out, then that's fair enough, but we saw last season what happens when 1 or 2 gets injured. 

To start the season with basically 1 and a half strikers is pure madness. 

But this year is different & I"m certain we will being in a striker over the next week or so. 
    I may be wrong but I get the feeling if Stockley or Chucks get injured we will use Leaburn which is a perfect way to blood him in 1st team football.

Based on what we have spent so far this window which I believe is zero I cannot see TS putting his hand in his pocket for a big signing.

No way the Pope money is going on a transfer war chest, that will cut the running costs.
    Spent zero ? Do you think that the players we’ve signed were left at Sparrows by the transfer fairy ? Blooding Leaburn out of necessity isn’t the perfect way of developing him. 
    Your replies are very aggressive nowadays Shooters, I was posting thoughts, not cast in stone actuals, I am not in the know.

Am I mistaken then, have we paid a transfer fee for any of the new players so far?

And I agree, blooding Leaburn to soon could lead to problems, however I was suggesting that TS may see this as a way to avoid paying a fee for someone like Stockton or May.
    Free transfers will still involve signing on fees and agents fees, so yes, fees have been paid. 
    And those players even expect to be paid wages, the ungrateful sods.
  • Mike getting a hard time this morning, I'm sure he's perfectly aware that no signings are completely free, everyone got his point. Not sure I remember Roland getting too much praise for all the money he paid out in the summer of 2018?
     Based on what we have spent so far this window which I believe is zero” 
  • Mike getting a hard time this morning, I'm sure he's perfectly aware that no signings are completely free, everyone got his point. Not sure I remember Roland getting too much praise for all the money he paid out in the summer of 2018?
    He’s bang on. A transfer fee has not been paid so far this sumner. Time will tell if that will become a good thing as the season progresses.

No one knows if these players brought in are going to be any good until we are half a dozen league games in. 
    “ Based on what we have spent so far this window which I believe is zero” 
    You knew what he meant. Unless you're an idiot. 
  • shirty5 said:
    Mike getting a hard time this morning, I'm sure he's perfectly aware that no signings are completely free, everyone got his point. Not sure I remember Roland getting too much praise for all the money he paid out in the summer of 2018?
    He’s bang on. A transfer fee has not been paid so far this sumner. Time will tell if that will become a good thing as the season progresses.

No one knows if these players brought in are going to be any good until we are half a dozen league games in. 
    Agreed, nobody will know. Although free agents don't mean they won't be decent players and good signings. No guarantee of success with any signing. 
  • edited July 2022
    Mike getting a hard time this morning, I'm sure he's perfectly aware that no signings are completely free, everyone got his point. Not sure I remember Roland getting too much praise for all the money he paid out in the summer of 2018?
    A little hypocritical this comment after the accusations you threw at me yesterday?. Why so angry??
  • paulfox said:
    A little hypocritical this comment after the accusations you threw at me yesterday?. Why so angry??
    Not sure how it's hypocritical but perhaps a bit rude. I wasn't actually implying anyone is an idiot, everybody knew what Mike meant. He didn't even make any comment about the standard of player being poor because they were free. I'd have disagreed with him had he done so. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have you heard something or just thinking it's a possibility?
  • paulfox said:
    Not sure how it's hypocritical but perhaps a bit rude. I wasn't actually implying anyone is an idiot, everybody knew what Mike meant. He didn't even make any comment about the standard of player being poor because they were free. I'd have disagreed with him had he done so. 
    Nothing wrong with disagreeing , it’s the accompanying put down, which was how you tried to deal with myself thats unnecessary, particularly when you don’t actually know that person to form an accurate judgement of them. 
  • edited July 2022
    PWR

Any actual rumours or just folks being able to talk the hind legs off a donkey about absolutely anything and nothing related to the topic;)
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A rumour, we won't sign Bishop so don't waste your time thinking about it.

We almost certainly won't sign Stockton or May either.  Or a first team left back.

As you were.
    Rumours ! So who is coming in ?
    CB , possibly LB and a striker / goalscoring winger as BG said 3 more signings 

Match making:

Sillav Nitram or Martin Vallis meet Ronnie Moore or Erith Eric, you were made for each other. 

For the avoidance of doubt I was referring to transfer fee's as that is the most obvious one we all hear and know about in the public domain. I have no knowledge of agents fees, signing on fees, wages, insurance etc so I would not dare to comment.

Thank you to those posters that understood what I meant and have commented.
  • The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will then be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

be used and will be a great weapon off the bench, but he’s kind of in his own unique niche. If you take him out of the equation we have one Senior striker and two kids, and the senior one has some injury question marks attached. 
    This.

If our 2 strikers were players who started every game, weekin, week out, then that's fair enough, but we saw last season what happens when 1 or 2 gets injured. 

But this year is different & I"m certain we will being in a striker over the next week or so. 
    I may be wrong but I get the feeling if Stockley or Chucks get injured we will use Leaburn which is a perfect way to blood him in 1st team football.

Based on what we have spent so far this window which I believe is zero I cannot see TS putting his hand in his pocket for a big signing.

No way the Pope money is going on a transfer war chest, that will cut the running costs.
    Agree entirely the only way I see us bringing in another striker or attacker is on loan possibly towards the end of the window. Its clear no transfer fees will be used this window 

This.

Agree entirely the only way I see us bringing in another striker or attacker is on loan possibly towards the end of the window. Its clear no transfer fees will be used this window 
    That might be correct re transfer fees Matt but please take into account agents fees, signing on fees, wages, insurance, food the player eats at the training ground, water intake and data used on the clubs wifi.  ;)  

This.

Thankyou Thomas for clearing that up.
  • edited July 2022
    The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will then be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

This.

Thankyou Thomas for clearing that up.
    You're welcome😉
    With some of the shit thrown at the club recently, it’s hard to know. 
  • Sponsored links:

• So some bloke on CL (sorry can't be arsed to check back) does some rough and ready calculations on the back of a fag packet and comes up with us finishing 7th. Meanwhile, report in The Mirror that oodles and oodles of data fed into a super duper computer to predict all League 1 positions puts us 7th.

Well done that man, or maybe a woman. If so apologies in advance.
  • I'm just glad that @Dazzler21 and others agree with me that 7th, for us, shouldn't be seen as success.

I fear we still need four more first choice players to achieve this though. 
  • supaclive said:
    I'm just glad that @Dazzler21 and others agree with me that 7th, for us, shouldn't be seen as success.

I fear we still need four more first choice players to achieve this though. 
    We need at least 2 first choice and another 2 very good squad players IMO. 
  • Have you heard something or just thinking it's a possibility?
      Not heard anything although if it does happen I was bluffing.

Just a local player going out on loan.  Was in division 4 last year so division 3 is a logical progression.

Right footed though I think
  • The slight concern for me is where the free transfers have come from, rather than the lack of fee. If we had raided Oxford, Plymouth, MKD etc for their best out of contract players, i.e. taking established L1 players at a club finishing above us last season, I'd be a lot more optimistic.

The Powell side raided the best L1 players, rather than L2.
  • Redhenry said:
    I do wonder why some bother following our club :)

I ask myself this most Saturdays.