Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A rumour, we won't sign Bishop so don't waste your time thinking about it.

We almost certainly won't sign Stockton or May either.  Or a first team left back.

As you were.
    Rumours ! So who is coming in ?
    CB , possibly LB and a striker / goalscoring winger as BG said 3 more signings 
    Think he said 3 before Payne, I may be/ probably Am wrong!!,, left back and mobile striker absolute minimum, then maybe the odd loan and hope one is mustard🤞
    You're not, Garner did say 3 before Payne. Not quite sure 2 would be enough, has to be at least 3/4. I think we've all learned not to hang on the words of Sandgaard/Garner though, transfer windows are very unpredictable!
    He said 2 or 3 before Payne but also before Davison left. So hopefully still 2 or 3 but perhaps he was already counting Davison's replacement.

I'd like 4, LB, CB, winger and striker.
    As we still have 4 loan spots available to us I’d say it’s not unfair to expect what you suggest (& agree that would be ideal / perfect scenario if we want to compete at the top).

How many squad places are left? Would we need another departure to bring in as much as 4 senior players?
  • Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

We almost certainly won't sign Stockton or May either.  Or a first team left back.

As you were.
    Think he said 3 before Payne, I may be/ probably Am wrong!!,, left back and mobile striker absolute minimum, then maybe the odd loan and hope one is mustard🤞
    You're not, Garner did say 3 before Payne. Not quite sure 2 would be enough, has to be at least 3/4. I think we've all learned not to hang on the words of Sandgaard/Garner though, transfer windows are very unpredictable!
    He said 2 or 3 before Payne but also before Davison left. So hopefully still 2 or 3 but perhaps he was already counting Davison's replacement.

As we still have 4 loan spots available to us I’d say it’s not unfair to expect what you suggest (& agree that would be ideal / perfect scenario if we want to compete at the top).

How many squad places are left? Would we need another departure to bring in as much as 4 senior players?
    My uneducated guess is, they could still juggle players around a bit if all are fit, JFC purely because it was put out there that he could go, loans out Gilbey, Morgan potentially. Is mcgrandles due to be back for Saturday? Would be good to see him. And a bit of a shame about Egbo, it’s always nice to see the new players all together in a team.
  • Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As you were.

If we currently  have 18 seniors excluding keepers, which is what I make it, then yes, up to four more without needing to move others on.
  • Need a striker in before Saturday, can't see us beating Swansea otherwise. 
    Result not important at all … fitness and avoiding any injuries is the most important 
  • Need a striker in before Saturday, can't see us beating Swansea otherwise. 
    Result not important at all … fitness and avoiding any injuries is the most important 
    Whhhoooooosssssshhhhh
  • If there are scouting staff at Bromley tonight expect Romaine Mundle to be on a list.
  • Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As you were.

Agreed, the four I want too. Could probably get away without a CB if we could rely on Inniss with plenty of good young options available as 4th choice. Unfortunately, I really don't want to be in the position where we are so heavily reliant on Lavelle and O'Connell being fit every week. 
  • I've been fairly relaxed over transfers this summer & it appears that they have largely gone to plan. A couple or 3 in before the Spain trip & a couple more before the start of the season. Then fill the 3 or 4 gaps with loanees before the window shuts.

HOWEVER 

We simply must start the season with a proper left back (ie, one that is at least left footed)  and a striker to replace the TWO we've lost  thus summer.

I do understand that Garnerball means that actual strikers aren't as necessary as they used to be and attacking midfielders can be used instead......but with only Stockley & Aneke as our strikrrs with league experience we surely must have at least 1 back up, esp as Aneke cant play week after week.  
    Yes agree.
  • I've been fairly relaxed over transfers this summer & it appears that they have largely gone to plan. A couple or 3 in before the Spain trip & a couple more before the start of the season. Then fill the 3 or 4 gaps with loanees before the window shuts.

HOWEVER 

We simply must start the season with a proper left back (ie, one that is at least left footed)  and a striker to replace the TWO we've lost  thus summer.

I do understand that Garnerball means that actual strikers aren't as necessary as they used to be and attacking midfielders can be used instead......but with only Stockley & Aneke as our strikrrs with league experience we surely must have at least 1 back up, esp as Aneke cant play week after week.  
    I'm not sure it's essential we sign a left-back to be honest. I'd like it because of Egbo's injury so we can shift Sessegnon over to the right, but I think a Sessegnon at LB is completely different to a Oshilija or Gunter at LB. 

I actually don't think any of the signings are essential for the start of the season. Sure, Aneke cannot start games but if we've got Stockley to start and Aneke off the bench, I'm not sure it's vital at the moment. Out wide we've got Kirk, DJ and CBT. At CB we've got Inniss, Lavelle and O'Connell. So in those two positions having four options would be nice, but at the moment we've got enough for two to start and one on the bench. 

Wollacott
    Clare Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
    Dobson 
    McGrandles Fraser
    CBT Stockley Kirk

Subs: Mac, Clayden, Lavelle, Morgan, Payne, DJ, Aneke

So I'd say the full-back is the most important because Clayden is not a LB, but otherwise I think we're ok for a game or two. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    If there are scouting staff at Bromley tonight expect Romaine Mundle to be on a list.
    Had a message from one of our scouts about that game. Another Ben.

Then the Cray wanderers manager came into the pub
  • swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As you were.

If we currently  have 18 seniors excluding keepers, which is what I make it, then yes, up to four more without needing to move others on.
    Is that including Clayden? Ness is another who might be registered and I think is also too old to count as u21.
  • Scoham said:
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As you were.

Is that including Clayden? Ness is another who might be registered and I think is also too old to count as u21.
    Not sure about Ness... I thought he was 22, but then Hampton & Richmond say he was 20 when he joined them.

https://www.hamptonfc.net/teams/110868/player/lucas-ness-2844467
  • Scoham said:
    swordfish said:
    Scoham said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

As you were.

Clayden definitely counts, don't think Ness does, only just turned 21 I believe. He would have had to have turned 21 in 2021. 
  • I repeat it again...Cole Stockton or Alfie May. Still available and we need one of them to get promoted.  We have Stockley and Chuks only and both are made of glass. 
  • A wide forward and prem loanee to play through the middle plus a LB. Don't think we'll be bringing in a top striker signing. 

On Saturday when Stockley was dropping deep trying to control the ball with his feet we had JFC running on, swap him out for Payne and there's your starting goalscorers.

Stockley, Payne, Aneke, wide forward, prem kid, Leaburn for the "goal scorers"

It's not what I want, just how I think it'll go.

HOWEVER 

Have we really lost two strikers?

When was the last time, during an actual season, we had Davison-Ponytail, Aneke and Washington?  

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I've been fairly relaxed over transfers this summer & it appears that they have largely gone to plan. A couple or 3 in before the Spain trip & a couple more before the start of the season. Then fill the 3 or 4 gaps with loanees before the window shuts.

HOWEVER 

When was the last time, during an actual season, we had Davison-Ponytail, Aneke and Washington?  

We had Burstow playing games too though in the second half of last season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will then be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

I think you almost have to ignore Aneke. He will
    be used and will be a great weapon off the bench, but he’s kind of in his own unique niche. If you take him out of the equation we have one Senior striker and two kids, and the senior one has some injury question marks attached. 
  • The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will the be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

be used and will be a great weapon off the bench, but he’s kind of on his own unique niche. If you take him out of the equation we have one Senior striker and two kids, and the senior one has so
    e injury question marks attached. 
    Exactly, so we are one striker short.  Not two.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I've been fairly relaxed over transfers this summer & it appears that they have largely gone to plan. A couple or 3 in before the Spain trip & a couple more before the start of the season. Then fill the 3 or 4 gaps with loanees before the window shuts.

HOWEVER 

We had Burstow playing games too though in the second half of last season. 
    I think replacing Burstow with Leaburn/Kanu is reasonable.  Having 3 strikers for 1 spot is slightly different to having 3 for 2 spots, which is what happened after Jackson took over last season.
    Ah I agree. I do think we've lost two strikers because we did have 4 competing for 2 spots in the latter part of the season. Leaburn and Kanu could replace Burstow who obviously wasn't expected to step up but because he was part of Jacko's teams, we've still lost that option. If we were playing 2 up top, we'd need two. But in a 433, we do only need to sign one. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will the be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

be used and will be a great weapon off the bench, but he’s kind of on his own unique niche. If you take him out of the equation we have one Senior striker and two kids, and the senior one has so
    Depends what you’re defining as a striker, but in a 433 we need at least one additional centre forward and a wide forward who can score 12+ goals. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will the be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

Depends what you’re defining as a striker, but in a 433 we need at least one additional centre forward and a wide forward who can score 12+ goals. 
    If we want to win the league. 
  • The problem is, right now, if Stockley gets injured we have to start Aneke, and will then be forced to use Leaburn or Kanu for 30 to 45 minutes per match.

be used and will be a great weapon off the bench, but he’s kind of in his own unique niche. If you take him out of the equation we have one Senior striker and two kids, and the senior one has some injury question marks attached. 
    This.

If our 2 strikers were players who started every game, weekin, week out, then that's fair enough, but we saw last season what happens when 1 or 2 gets injured. 

To start the season with basically 1 and a half strikers is pure madness. 

But this year is different & I"m certain we will being in a striker over the next week or so. 
  • I repeat it again...Cole Stockton or Alfie May. Still available and we need one of them to get promoted.  We have Stockley and Chuks only and both are made of glass. 
    Stockley made of glass? Over the last 5 seasons he's played 38, 41, 35, 45 and 48 games (all competitions). Considering the way the bloke puts himself about I think that's very decent. 
    Fair point on Stockley - I just have bad memories of when he was injured and all our forwards were out so we had no one. Was in January/February. 
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:

What we need is to add 20ish goals to our front 3.

The easiest way to do that is to get a wide player that can score 15 and a back up striker that can score 5ish.  That's much easier than replacing Stockley with a player that might score 5 more then still rummaging round for the other 20.

Until we sign that Wilkes, McKirdy, poormans Craig Bellamy type player we wont go up.

If we do sign such player the LB, LCB etc etc problem is almost irrelevant.  If we don't Roberto Carlos and Maldini wouldn't get us promoted.
    Stockley made of glass? Over the last 5 seasons he's played 38, 41, 35, 45 and 48 games (all competitions). Considering the way the bloke puts himself about I think that's very decent. 
    Fair point on Stockley - I just have bad memories of when he was injured and all our forwards were out so we had no one. Was in January/February. 
    Yeah I think it was a case of being unlikely as Stockley, unlike Aneke, isn't like that at all. I think your point is valid though, most feel the same that another striker is an absolute must.