Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Wasn't it 10 or more years ago that Bolasie and Haha tore us a new one and affectively ended Wiggins career?
    Is he to be Watson's replacement as ex Palace vet?
  • bishop scored less than washington last season. I don't see him as a threat 
    Yeah but how many did he miss? :)
  • Wasn't it 10 or more years ago that Bolasie and Haha tore us a new one and affectively ended Wiggins career?
    Is he to be Watson's replacement as ex Palace vet?
    Bit harsh to laugh about it ;)
  • Wouldn't be that keen on Bolasie , been injured a lot and doesn't really fit the model of what we've brought in so far this summer. Would rather find a talented lower league Winger or PL loan for the role.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't be that keen on Bolasie , been injured a lot and doesn't really fit the model of what we've brought in so far this summer. Would rather find a talented lower league Winger or PL loan for the role.
    Having found the tweet it’s from a new account with 11 followers and claims we’ll pay £350k for him.
  • If anyone needs me to draw a picture, happy tho help?
  • Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Not Conchita Wurst then 😎
  • Sponsored links:

• Cant see it being true, but Bolasie would take liberties in league one
  • I wonder how much Tyson Fury is sponsoring Morecombe for, and whether that means Cole Stockton will be staying?

https://twitter.com/shrimpsofficial/status/1550088364505923587?s=21&t=DUeaesrg47mBef1IDwmVNA
  • Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Wouldn't be that keen on Bolasie , been injured a lot and doesn't really fit the model of what we've brought in so far this summer. Would rather find a talented lower league Winger or PL loan for the role.
    Having found the tweet it’s from a new account with 11 followers and claims we’ll pay £350k for him.

Oh fair enough. One for the ignore list. 
  • If we bring in one more past-his-sell-by-date, injury prone, demotivated Palace reject I'm handing back my season ticket.
  • He had a black head scarf/bandana on, but I think this guy looks more like him. Who is this?
    Lol, my boy has told me it is Bolasie. I am pretty sure it was not Bolasie, he looked younger. This is a picture of Bolasie a few years ago, no?
    So we’re looking a player probably in their 20s who looks similar to Bolasie. Any other guesses?
  • As long as.its not the absolute piss that Schwartz, Arter,Watson, soaure and Leko were supposed to do to league one.

🙃
    Exactamondo 
  • Sponsored links:

• Did we ever find out who Tracey Leaburn’s gym buddy was? 
  • supaclive said:
    Nabby Sarr is NOT the answer.    Cult hero, but don't ever go back.
    I'm a long way behind on this thread so don't know if it's been mentioned, but Hales and Flanagan both returned and they were pretty big cult heroes.
    Sarr might not be the answer but he would certainly improve the squad.
  • Dizzle said:
    Did we ever find out who Tracey Leaburn’s gym buddy was? 
    Apparently the closest likeness was another Swindon player, a defender whose surname sounded like a holiday resort in North Wales, Llandudno or something very much like it, but it probably wasn't him.

• So we’re still talking endlessly about how many more players we need and what positions?

Have we discussed type toenails required by each player?

Martin, you are looking at this back to front;
    Once you establish which Charlton players are staying, then we can see which players are needed and we can name players who can join our quirky little club.

Pleased to have helped, don't mention it.
  • swordfish said:
    Dizzle said:
    Did we ever find out who Tracey Leaburn’s gym buddy was? 
    Apparently the closest likeness was another Swindon player, a defender whose surname sounded like a holiday resort in North Wales, Llandudno or something very much like it, but it probably wasn't him.

• edited July 2022
    Was at the Valley tonight. I saw what looked like a player (certainly build and athletic looking) and agent leave the reception area, shake hands in the car park before leaving. Could have sworn I heard the guy (I assume was a player) say see you on Saturday, but didn’t recognise him which is pretty damn frustrating. If we do sign what I assume was a prospective or new signing, he was of black heritage and I reckon between 6-6’3”. I tried to take a photo, but quite frankly bottled it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Quality transfer rumour, but disappointed you didn't follow in your car back to the Marriott hotel and check what name he registered in; at least we would know John Smith was joining.  You should have asked the guy for a selfie and an autograph but asked him to print his name.

5/10 Pav, great prospect but still squad rumour monger as lacked composure when a good opportunity came his way.
  • edited July 2022
    Bolasie would be a cheat code in League One
    Another Harry Arter type signing for me. Past his best.
  • edited July 2022
    cafc4life said:
    A fit Bolasie in league one would take the absolute piss.

A fit Bolasie even at 33 would be playing higher than League 1.  He would play 30 minute cameos in the Championship or Scottish Premier.

An unfit Bolasie in League 1 would absolutely be taking the piss out of cafc.

*Paddy just said Bolasie is in Turkey earning big bucks so no legs in this rumours unless Bolasie craves to come back to London and will play for a couple of grand a week.
  • Why would any Charlton fan accept 7th in the 3rd division ? We are underperforming as a club. Sadly though I'm not confident we will finish that high at the moment. We are becoming an established 3rd tier club , which in 50 years of watching Charlton , is something I never thought I would see.
    Its not about acceptance, its being realistic.

Going from 13th to 7th in what is becoming an increasingly competitive League One, would be a massive improvement from last season.

If last season was nothing more than a performance blip from a lot of individuals (it happens in Sport... Look at Geraint Thomas in the Tour, he's barely been GC Contention since he won it), then we can hopefully expect to see an all round improvement, which could see us competing for the top six.

But until we see the team in action over the course of August... Its ridiculous to make any expectations.
    Thomas finished second in the Tour the year after he won it as well, and looks set to finish third in this one. Hardly a one season fluke. He also just became the first Brit to win the Tour de Swisse.