Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Throwing a name into the ring. Scott Tanser.
    Sounds good, I wonder how much he would cost?
  • edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    JFC is probably too good for Leyton Orient but you have to wonder if pre season has highlighted that he can’t operate at a suitably high level.  The mind may be willing but is the body able??
    I’m not sure if he’s had much of a suck at the pineapple yet has he? Having come back from such a long term injury he’d need matches to get his mojo back, and I don’t think he’s had enough yet. I hope we give him a bit more time before condemning him to a future in L2.
    We can't condemn him to league 2 against his wishes.  The only way he will end up atba Gillingham, Swindon, Wimbledon etc is if Garner tells him categorically he won't play. At all.  That hasn't happened.

He was captain about 3 weeks ago!

Of course he isnt guaranteed to play, neither are any of the others.  Its highly likely that one will leave, if not now, at Christmas.  He has the least time left on his contract so the most obvious one to try and move on.

There was firm championship interest, not just from Birmingham, before he did his ACL.  He wants to explore if there is still any.  That's it.  That's the story.

Any suggestion he is being binned because he is not good enough is nonsense.  
    JFC, Gilbey and Morgan all have 1 year left on their contracts, so it may come down to fitness, scope for improvement and what they add to the squad, in terms of options
    Sorry I was working on the basis that Dobson, Fraser, JFC, Payne and McGrandle were playing for 3 places and Morgan and Gilbey wouldn't be.  Also that the latter two would be less pissed off if they weren't playing.
    Hoping Morgan starts against Accrington and had a blinder .  I suspect the midfield will be Dobson, Fraser and Gilbey
  • cazo said:
    Valley11 said:
    Danlazzz said:
    Not sure how reliable the account is, But it would make sense. A young pacey forward that can play wide as well. Broke into their first team last season.
    Would rather develop Leaburn than someone else’s young striker. And definitely not Millwall’s. 
    Burey is a good prospect and definitely has potential. But if he’s going to get experience playing third tier football then I’d rather him do it with one of the bigger L1 clubs if I’m honest. Someone like Ipswich, Portsmouth  or Sheffield Wed . Not sure what he would gain from playing at charlton. 
    All these clubs you Mentioned are big than smallwall plus a few more in our league I can think of 6 more including us.🍺
    I come on here with a serious post and you turn it into a joke. 
    I’m not joking facts 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:
    JFC is probably too good for Leyton Orient but you have to wonder if pre season has highlighted that he can’t operate at a suitably high level.  The mind may be willing but is the body able??
    I’m not sure if he’s had much of a suck at the pineapple yet has he? Having come back from such a long term injury he’d need matches to get his mojo back, and I don’t think he’s had enough yet. I hope we give him a bit more time before condemning him to a future in L2.
    We can't condemn him to league 2 against his wishes.  The only way he will end up atba Gillingham, Swindon, Wimbledon etc is if Garner tells him categorically he won't play. At all.  That hasn't happened.

Of course he isnt guaranteed to play, neither are any of the others.  Its highly likely that one will leave, if not now, at Christmas.  He has the least time left on his contract so the most obvious one to try and move on.

There was firm championship interest, not just from Birmingham, before he did his ACL.  He wants to explore if there is still any.  That's it.  That's the story.

JFC, Gilbey and Morgan all have 1 year left on their contracts, so it may come down to fitness, scope for improvement and what they add to the squad, in terms of options
    Sorry I was working on the basis that Dobson, Fraser, JFC, Payne and McGrandle were playing for 3 places and Morgan and Gilbey wouldn't be.  Also that the latter two would be less pissed off if they weren't playing.
    I can't imagine either would be happy if not playing, especially Gilbey. I genuinely think, based on pre-season, that the midfield 3 is up for grabs at the moment, and there's also the option of one of Payne or Fraser playing further forward, ahead of Kirk or especially DJ
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

I can't imagine either would be happy if not playing, especially Gilbey. I genuinely think, based on pre-season, that the midfield 3 is up for grabs at the moment, and there's also the option of one of Payne or Fraser playing further forward, ahead of Kirk or especially DJ
    I know it's been gone over but with the 5 subs rule this year the subs bench is important as well - we have a surplus of good CMs I'd say and theoretically we could replace the whole midfield 3 in one game and have quality alternatives on the bench to bring a slightly different dynamic with the midfielders we have in the squad, and still have 2 subs left still. 

That said if Gilbey + Morgan were out of the teamsheet consistently i'm sure that would be a sign they're not rated coming towards the end of their contract.
  • edited July 2022
    From the Jack Payne interview (on his thread)

A deal that had been on ice, at least while Charlton Athletic looked to balance the books under the SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocols).

Sounds like we can maybe forget signing anyone else, until others decide to leave

After all, we only signed Payne, once Davison was moved on
  • wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Swisdom said:

Hoping Morgan starts against Accrington has had a blinder .  I suspect the midfield will be Dobson, Fraser and Gilbey
    I suspect it won’t 
    I hope he dont
  • From the Jack Payne interview (on his thread)

A deal that had been on ice, at least while Charlton Athletic looked to balance the books under the SCMP (Salary Cost Management Protocols).

Sounds like we can maybe forget signing anyone else, until others decide to leave

If Charlton Members and Millwall guests can't be bothered to read 'Salary cost management Protocols' what is the point of this thread; It should be mandatory to read SCMP.

• Sponsored links:

• From the Jack Payne interview (on his thread)

SCMP allows owners to put money in to increase their spending power, but it cannot be put in as a loan.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages

Turnover definition 

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover: 

• Match-day Income 
    • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship) 
    • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts.  In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending.

• Just becasue we can use 5 subs doesnt mean we will or should, wont get much continuity and form going if we´re changing half the outfield every 60 minutes.  Handy to have, not a neccesity. 

Doubt the players will want to be rolling off and on much either. 
  • Imagine something like this will be the preferred set up depending on who we are playing against:

Home games:     

Wollacott

Egbo Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
              Dobson
         Fraser     Payne
    CBT                  Kirk
              Stockley

Away games:

Wollacott

Clare Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
         Mcgrandles Dobson
                Payne
              Stockley

One thing I learnt about Garner looking at his results is that home and away doesn’t make a difference to him, he still aims to be the team with more of the ball. I imagine it will be 433 home and away, Swindon were playing teams off the park home and away 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Valley11 said:
    Danlazzz said:
    Not sure how reliable the account is, But it would make sense. A young pacey forward that can play wide as well. Broke into their first team last season.
    Would rather develop Leaburn than someone else’s young striker. And definitely not Millwall’s. 
    Burey is a good prospect and definitely has potential. But if he’s going to get experience playing third tier football then I’d rather him do it with one of the bigger L1 clubs if I’m honest. Someone like Ipswich, Portsmouth  or Sheffield Wed . Not sure what he would gain from playing at charlton. 
    wow - you at least normally try and disguise your wind ups - if he went to one of those massive clubs wouldn't he then be deflated having to come back and play at Millwall?
    I wouldn’t describe the clubs I mentioned as massive (well, apart from Wednesday). Just big for that level. I wouldn’t want him to go to one of the more established third tier clubs like charlton. That’s my point. Rather a bigger club playing below  their level. I think he’d benefit more from that. 
    oh dear - a player getting good 3rd division experience can only be a good thing for a 3rd division club currently punching above their weight - its a matter of time and normal order will be restored - i berlieve us v portsmouth in the 2nd tier is probably our most frequent fixture, Ipswich probably not far off.     
  • Imagine something like this will be the preferred set up depending on who we are playing against:

Home games:     

Wollacott

Egbo Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
              Dobson
         Fraser     Payne
              Stockley

Away games:

Wollacott

Clare Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
         Mcgrandles Dobson
                Payne
              Stockley

One thing I learnt about Garner looking at his results is that home and away doesn’t make a difference to him, he still aims to be the team with more of the ball. I imagine it will be 433 home and away, Swindon were playing teams off the park home and away 
    I think that's probably a good thing really, yes Jackson came unstuck somewhat by sticking to his 3-5-2 full of pentagonal pegs in hexagonal holes but Bowyer's last gasp showed the perils of constant changes.

If Garner can get his system to work then I don't see why deviating from it on a home/away basis will be of particular benefit.
  • @Scoham

What about player sales and sell on money, isn't that still income. 
  • Scoham said:
    From the Jack Payne interview (on his thread)

SCMP allows owners to put money in to increase their spending power, but it cannot be put in as a loan.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages

Turnover definition 

Under the SCMP rules, the definition of 'Turnover' is particularly important as Turnover is used to determine the maximum wage-spend. Within a traditional accounting perspective, there are usually only three elements of turnover: 

• Match-day Income 
    • Commercial Income (such as sponsorship) 
    • TV revenue (and any 'merit payments' based on league position)

However the Football League use a is broader definition of Turnover. Crucially, the FL Turnover figure includes donations from the owners to the club and injections of equity. Loans from club owners are understandably not included in the Turnover figure as these would result in growing club debts. up club debts.  In League 1 and League 2, a wealthy owner can therefore fund the club spending in a way that is not permitted in other divisions. Manchester City and Leicester for example seem set for punishment for their excessive losses (from UEFA and the Championship respectively) despite the fact that the owners have injected hard cash into the club to finance the spending.

I hope they will be watching Derby closely as they only had a handful of players exempt and they are serial cheats.
  • edited July 2022
    Uboat said:
    Heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke who heard from a bloke - Gavin Massey. 
    Almost certainly wrong. 
    I’ve heard of him, got a great engine.. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    @Scoham

What about player sales and sell on money, isn't that still income. 
    Yep, it’s in the link, I just didn’t bother copying that bit over. Here’s the wording, one thing to note is that instalments have to be taken into account rather than the total fee.

Profit on player sales

Any profit made on player sales is included withinTurnover on a cash basis when the instalments are received. 

• Just becasue we can use 5 subs doesnt mean we will or should, wont get much continuity and form going if we´re changing half the outfield every 60 minutes.  Handy to have, not a neccesity. 

Doubt the players will want to be rolling off and on much either. 
    I think we’ll see massive use of five subs this season. Means the intensity of playing can be increased and maintained and depending on injuries a quality bench can be used as a tactic as much as a fail safe. 
    Ability to use 5 subs and constant fresh legs will be a huge benefit for 'Garner ball'.
  • T_C_E said:
    Valley11 said:
    Danlazzz said:
    That’s very naughty @MillwallFan some might say inflammatory, but I’ve had it on good authority Sky have reporters outside Millwall academy should any youngsters be released! 😉

I thought Millwall were looking to relocate down to Kent? And apparently sign Osei Sankofa!

• T_C_E said:
    Valley11 said:
    Danlazzz said:
    That’s very naughty @MillwallFan some might say inflammatory, but I’ve had it on good authority Sky have reporters outside Millwall academy should any youngsters be released! 😉

Touché 
  • edited July 2022
    Hmmm, interesting comment from a member of the Sandgaard family on Facebook (taken from the middle of an argument on a post sharing the article below).

• I wonder if this is a loan player that's only just now going to be available from their parent club as they were needed for preseason?