Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I I don’t think there is a chance that we won’t bring in another striker - 1 on loan as a minimum, ideally a perm as well 
  • Scoham said:
    If we’re not going for another striker I really hope we’re definitely after a goal scoring wide player, a McKirdy or Wilks type.
    Tbf he says 2/3 more I think we cld do both a striker and goalscoring wideman as you say a McKirdy or a wilks would be great

add in a player who can play lcb/lb and that will be us done i think and very strong
  • edited July 2022
    Also from BG interview: 

From my perspective, after seeing Miles Leaburn in pre-season I wanted a pathway for him, I wanted an opportunity for him to be in the first-team squad and for us to develop and grow him as a player. That was a good deal for everyone in terms of the output of that.”

Sounds as if Miles will be third choice striker. 
    It does. We need him to be at least as good as Garner and TS think he is.

If he is the concern will be holding onto him in January.
  • I also feel we’d bite the hand off any decent offers for dj or Kirk,Morgan Jfc and Gilbey 
  • The quote from the Garner interview, my mind instantly went to Tyreece Simpson. Played under Garner last season so BG will know him really well.
    Makes sense but removes the pathway for Leaburn that he talks about.
  • edited July 2022
    The quote from the Garner interview, my mind instantly went to Tyreece Simpson. Played under Garner last season so BG will know him really well.
    I hope so, I mentioned him early on in the window but Ipswich may not want to sell to another league 1 rival. 

Agree that if we don't go for another striker than a goal scoring wide player is a must. Wilks or McKirdy would be great but Scully could be another option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Smithy said:
    Every time I try to come up with a formation based on our current squad I end up with 12 players on the pitch. Needs work.
    Try leaving Stockley out.
  • So I’ve not seen young leaburn play a full game, is it fair to compare him to Burstow, is he a better prospect, I was very disappointed in Burstows overall game last season, that’s not to say I think he isn’t going to be any good. I’m a bit concerned by our current strike force as I don’t think any are that great even if they stay fit, is Leaburn ready if so great, but are we expecting too much? The age for me shouldn’t be a issue if he is good enough. This is why I personally think we need at least one more forward, probably two, we are one injury away from a bit of a problem going forward I think.
  • Also from BG interview: 

From my perspective, after seeing Miles Leaburn in pre-season I wanted a pathway for him, I wanted an opportunity for him to be in the first-team squad and for us to develop and grow him as a player. That was a good deal for everyone in terms of the output of that.”

If last season is anything to go by once Stockley's back goes again & Aneke cant do sat/tues/sat he'll be first choice come September.....🙄
  • edited July 2022
    Imagine something like this will be the preferred set up depending on who we are playing against:

Home games:     

Wollacott

Egbo Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
              Dobson
         Fraser     Payne
    CBT                  Kirk
              Stockley

Away games:

Wollacott

Clare Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
         Mcgrandles Dobson
                Payne
    CBT                  Kirk
              Stockley

One thing I learnt about Garner looking at his results is that home and away doesn’t make a difference to him, he still aims to be the team with more of the ball. I imagine it will be 433 home and away, Swindon were playing teams off the park home and away 

Please check this @braziliance because Swindon's home record was very mediocre in 21/22
    W9 L7 D7 in League 2.  How is that playing teams off the park at home with 4-4-3 ?

Away Swindon won 13 and 4-3-3 obviously worked.

Ok we haven't just got Swindon players this season it just feels like it but has the poor home record gone under the radar ? Did Ben try any other formation at home ?

I'm far from a critic, I give 100% support regardless but I don't do bull shit. Why hasn't this been discussed or did I miss it ?

Garnerball won 9 out of 23 home matches with 4-3-3.

Jackson won 9 home matches out of 16 with 3-5-2.

Funny old game.
  • Sounds like we will need to sell/loan players out before we can bring more in, unless they are quite cheap youngsters on loan. I think the rules are we can spend a maximum of 60% of income on wages. I’m surprised we are already close to the limit as we don’t have a huge squad. This probably why we are maybe listening to offers for JFC and probably a few others and why we might have to trust the likes of Elerewe, Clayden, Leaburn and Ness more than we would like too. I’d be looking to move on MacGillivray as well if he’s not first choice he’s probably on a good wage that could be spent elsewhere 
  • edited July 2022
    Garner’s full quote below for context. He calls out one player he’s been working on “for a long time” then hints at one or two more while making sure the balance of the squad is right for the long season ahead.

To me, that reads like we are still targeting three holes, including up front and the left side of defence.

• Also from BG interview: 

If last season is anything to go by once Stockley's back goes again & Aneke cant do sat/tues/sat he'll be first choice come September.....🙄
    Aneke hasn't shown much evidence he can do 90 minutes, let alone 3 in a week. And our 3 wingers consist of one who came good last year, one who added very little last year, and one who was farmed out after adding nothing last year. They may be better this season, but that’s way too much of a gamble. Another forward is a must. 
  • edited July 2022
    Also the full context around the Miles Leaburn quote below. This one to me seems to imply that Josh was let go with the anticipation that Leaburn could do as good a job, if not better, at backing up the main men.

I still firmly believe those main men will be Jayden, Chuks and another yet to arrive.

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Garner’s full quote below for context. He calls out one player he’s been working on “for a long time” then hints at one or two more while making sure the balance of the squad is right for the long season ahead.

To me, that reads like we are still targeting three holes, including up front and the left side of defence.

High numbers in certain areas. That would be your 8 midfielders then 
  • So where are the rumours..
    Fleetwood Mac have them all.
    They might be little lies though!!
  • paulfox said:
    So where are the rumours..
    Dont yank the chain with more puns!!
  • paulfox said:
    So where are the rumours..
    Dont yank the chain with more puns!!
    Just going my own way😬

The middle age woman (Mrs Adams) who lives at number 38 and who's husband left her for her Brother, had a Pizza delivered at 12 midnight last Tuesday when I was doing my stint at neighbourhood watch;  I noticed the 12 inch and twisted Dough balls.  He said hello and he went inside and there was groaning coming out of the window within 5 minutes.
    I'm not being judgemental but you really shouldn't eat that late at night and not expect to get indigestion.
  • Chucks potentially injured now. Will prove we need another striker 
    We need to accept that Chuks is always close to being potentially injured.

Aneke and Inniss are like the weather in the Scottish Highlands. It either raining or about to rain. Do both Ryan and Chuks spend too much time in the Gym ? They certainly spend too much time in the Medical Room.

Aneke and Inniss are like the weather in the Scottish Highlands. It either raining or about to rain. Do both Ryan and Chuks spend too much time in the Gym ? They certainly spend too much time in the Medical Room.
    Both are frankly liabilities