Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Morgan in but no Fraser?!
  • If Morgan is in the team ahead of Fraser I will be astounded and think that Garner will be sacked by the following Monday.
    I am also fairly certain we won't be playing a 532 formation.
  • edited July 2022
    If Morgan is in the team ahead of Fraser I will be astounded and think that Garner will be sacked by the following Monday.
    I am also fairly certain we won't be playing a 532 formation.

That is a 3-5-2 formation not a 5-3-2 and believe me having been the person calling the shots on the touchline there is a massive difference even if you can switch in seconds by getting your wing backs to hold their defensive positions.

The thought that CBT would spend more time nearer to his own box this season would only happen if  Tony Pulis was manager. 

Fraser will be the catalyst for any success this season and Stockton hasn't signed for Cafc unless I have missed the breaking news. 

Take with pinch of salt until Ben Garner names his team for Accrington Stanley away. Even then the 11 on the field towards the end of the match is as relevant in the potential 16 players who can influence the result for teams over 90+ minutes.
  • Definitely think a left back a winger/striker is a must before A.S. game. But for me after seeing yesterday the winger/striker would be the priority for me. Would love us to be in for Deji Sontona only 19 but ex Man Utd (quickest player on their books at the time) played for niece and was at Brentford last season. Thought be championship clubs after him but seen sheff weds and derby both interested. Think would fit our system perfectly. Give us another CBT option but better finisher. 
  • Definitely think a left back a winger/striker is a must before A.S. game. But for me after seeing yesterday the winger/striker would be the priority for me. Would love us to be in for Deji Sontona only 19 but ex Man Utd (quickest player on their books at the time) played for niece and was at Brentford last season. Thought be championship clubs after him but seen sheff weds and derby both interested. Think would fit our system perfectly. Give us another CBT option but better finisher. 
    It would be great to get two in before the first game but it’s not a must. We still have a squad that can win games and it’s a 46 game season. Even if new signings come in during the next week they’ll likely be on the bench at most.
  • PWR

Where has this rumour, yes rumour on the rumour thread, heavens what next, that Dobson is leaving or being sold?
  • Scoham said:
    Definitely think a left back a winger/striker is a must before A.S. game. But for me after seeing yesterday the winger/striker would be the priority for me. Would love us to be in for Deji Sontona only 19 but ex Man Utd (quickest player on their books at the time) played for niece and was at Brentford last season. Thought be championship clubs after him but seen sheff weds and derby both interested. Think would fit our system perfectly. Give us another CBT option but better finisher. 
    It would be great to get two in before the first game but it’s not a must. We still have a squad that can win games and it’s a 46 game season. Even if new signings come in during the next week they’ll likely be on the bench at most.
    Agreed, I think it would really give us an extra little boost going into the season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR

Where has this rumour, yes rumour on the rumour thread, heavens what next, that Dobson is leaving or being sold?
    Nothing more than the standard preseason friendly panic when a player features in the wrong match or doesn’t get enough minutes.
  • I'd expect the side opening day barring any signings that have had a Preseason somewhere to be

Wollacott

Clare Innis EOC Sessengon
                      Dobson
                    Gilbey Fraser

CBT Stockley Kirk

Bench

Mac
    Lavelle
    Deji
    Payne
    Mcgrandles
    DJ
    Aneke
    Leaburn 
  • Please dont post rumours linking us to players with WAGS. Just spent the last 10 mins down an internet rabbit hole where I now know the life & times of Rosie Webster.

Ffs !!! 😡
    Find anything of interest? Sharing is caring.
  • PWR

Heard signing for Real Madrid next week, course it may have been a dream, but you never know...do ya... ;)
  • Scoham said:
    PWR

Nothing more than the standard preseason friendly panic when a player features in the wrong match or doesn’t get enough minutes.
    Should’ve know shouldn’t I.

Out of interest, I noticed Chuks hasn’t scored in preseason could that be because he’s asked for a transfer or being sold, coincidence? 

Just saying!
  • edited July 2022
    CH4RLTON said:
    Watching this Man U v VIlla pre season game on  dodgey stream, a young lad getting a run out called Kesler Hayden left wing back was on loan with Swindon last season before moving to MK Dons for the 2nd half of the season. The commentators seem to think he will go out on loan again this, looks mustard and I think be perfect for Garner ball :)
    Is he playing on the opposite side too? Usually a RB/RWB. I think he’d have been a good signing but can’t see it now we have Sessegnon. Need a left footed defender 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Watching this Man U v VIlla pre season game on  dodgey stream, a young lad getting a run out called Kesler Hayden left wing back was on loan with Swindon last season before moving to MK Dons for the 2nd half of the season. The commentators seem to think he will go out on loan again this, looks mustard and I think be perfect for Garner ball :)
    He'd be an ideal player to sign on loan - He scored against us for Milton Keynes at the Valley last season
  • Sponsored links:

• CH4RLTON said:
    Is he playing on the opposite side too? Usually a RB/RWB. I think he’d have been a good signing but can’t see it now we have Sessegnon. Need a left footed defender 
    I stand corrected he was favouring his left foot so assumed he was left footed sorry 

• There's a player who doesn't even play for us in that graphic and it's still not the stupidest part of the line-up
    Think I've got it. Since when did we play in red?
  • Garner: I'd still like to get one or two in (from his post match interview today)
  • edited July 2022
    I’ll guess two in (one defender, one striker) with one or two midfield outgoings.
  • Either  way it’s encouraging to hear he still needs improvement in areas of the team, I’d be worried if he didn’t say that. Most important as everyone is saying is that real spark up front and the left back, sessengon didn’t want to use his left foot.
  • I think we’ll see a left back and wide scoring attacker. I think we’ll stick at CB because we’ve got numerous promising youngsters. That could backfire because having three senior CBs could be ok, but probably not when one of them is Inniss. On paper I still feel we will be a couple short and hugely reliant on 2/3 going forward staying fit. 
  • I’ll guess two in (one defender, one striker) with one or two midfield outgoings.
    Do we need to balance the numbers, we could bring 1 or 2 in without shipping anyone out can't we? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ll guess two in (one defender, one striker) with one or two midfield outgoings.
    Do we need to balance the numbers, we could bring 1 or 2 in without shipping anyone out can't we? 
    May it not be balancing wages to turnover?