Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Find a gem of a player and then look to sell. Great tactic to gain promotion.
    What if the manager has been told whatever he generates on transfer fees can be used to strengthen?
    We love to make these unknowns so positive. What if we have Kane lined up?

Seen that happen countless times since the Michael Glikstein era…..possibly THE most frustrating ongoing negative feature of being an Addick.😖😖😖
  • Football finance expert Kieran McGuire saying on twitter that Newcastle have changed their policy of paying all transfer fees up front, so getting a discount, and now pay in instalments, like most clubs.

This means they agreed to pay Burnley the Pope fee in instalments which will probably mean we will get the same.

So the "Pope money" is less, in the short term, than many have thought.

Seen that happen countless times since the Michael Glikstein era…..possibly THE most frustrating ongoing negative feature of being an Addick.Football Fan😖😖😖

• I’d imagine there is a lot of poker being played with various players , from various clubs BG, Gallen and the recruitment team I’m sure are a seeing things the same way as all of us amateurs,I’m hoping the professionals get it right. Obviously Mckirdy has been mentioned a lot, has he scored many in pre season, same as Stockton, although I wouldn’t be surprised if either of them havent even been targets. In the limited time we saw Stockton I thought he looked good.
  • edited July 2022
    If we bought Stockton, I would start getting very optimistic. Doubt we will though.
  • If we bought Stockton, I would start getting very optimistic. Doubt we will though.
    Doesn’t sound like a move south is something he relishes from a few posts in the past, but as they say, money talks, he could end up a flop but I think it would be a good gamble.
  • We are not signing him. Whilst what you say may be true, it isn't because he doesn't fancy it but because we are not going for him. If we were we would know. We are going into the season with Stockley as our main striker with a system that doesn't suit him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Football finance expert Kieran McGuire saying on twitter that Newcastle have changed their policy of paying all transfer fees up front, so getting a discount, and now pay in instalments, like most clubs.

This means they agreed to pay Burnley the Pope fee in instalments which will probably mean we will get the same.

Maybe so but I wouldn’t think we had to sell Dobson to balance the books or boost the transfer kitty? TS isn’t the richest owner in the land but he’s not strapped financially either, it appears.
    Perhaps more that the player wants to try his luck higher up/get a pay day?
    That’s if any of this about him being one we move on to free up squad space is true. 
  • Okay, well I was hypothetically speaking, if you know more I’m not getting into Barney over it. No more arguments from me, I’m now mr neutral😂👍
    none of our forwards give me that much optimism I’m afraid, Leaburn because of his youth but he isn’t the answer yet, the other two are so immobile it’s ridiculous. We need two different to what we have.
  • Football finance expert Kieran McGuire saying on twitter that Newcastle have changed their policy of paying all transfer fees up front, so getting a discount, and now pay in instalments, like most clubs.

Just because Newcastle & Burnley have agreed this approach doesnt mean we have to. Depends on what our contract says with Burnley, but if we are due x% of any sell on fee then we should get that in one go, not in dribs & drabs. 
  • I suspect we would have to get paid in the same way that Burnley are getting paid. I haven't seen the deal but that is how it is usually agreed.
  • Any actual evidence that Dobson is going or pushing to go? Or just standard doom and gloom conjecture? 
  • edited July 2022
    Let's get one thing straight: IF George Dobson was to leave for a fee it is 100% nothing to do with he doesn't fit Ben Garner's System. He should be the first name on the team sheet after being the only candidate for POTY last season. Corey Blackett-Taylor was a major success as well but there was only one winner and if George leaves then I will be going to even less matches than the 14 homes games I went to last season which ironically enough included all mainly wins under Jackson and losses under the beleaguered Adkins. Even the Lincoln game with 10 men we had a enough chances to win but Conor had an off day with 4 good chances.

George Dobson is close to JJ so would have been gutted he left and football being about politics, there is a good chance that he could leave with JFC as Jake will be one of the biggest earners.

• edited July 2022
    Any actual evidence that Dobson is going or pushing to go? Or just standard doom and gloom conjecture? 
    Only that he was our best player last year and wasn’t in the squad for the Swansea game.

Past that, he’s not been linked with a move away once all summer.
  • Any actual evidence that Dobson is going or pushing to go? Or just standard doom and gloom conjecture? 
    Only that he was out best player last year and wasn’t in the squad for the Swansea game.

Past that, he’s not been linked with a move away once all summer.
    Because he played Friday night with the other first teamers nothing to read into that 
    Haha it’s not doom and gloom. A rumour was posted and a discussion has ensued. It’s a message board. This is how it works. 
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    JFC & Dobson will be the players leaving. 
    Surprised if it’s Dobson, is that a guess or have you heard?
    Just a guess. Sorry if I've started a riot on here. 

Imo Dobson did well last season but that was because he was needed to put out fires/defend for his life/break up play. He was a good player in a crap team.  Hopefully this year we will be playing a different way with a different mindset and so his attributes will not be so readily needed.

As I say, just my opinion. 
    Wouldnt be surprised if this is how Management view it as well, if he were to leave
  • edited July 2022
    It is possible that with Dobson, he was a game behind fitness wise. Gilbey has been more impressive than Fraser so far for me. If we don't get goals from our strikers then we need players like him who has scored three and hit the woodwork a couple of time in the past couple of games. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Any actual evidence that Dobson is going or pushing to go? Or just standard doom and gloom conjecture? 
    Haha it’s not doom and gloom. A rumour was posted and a discussion has ensued. It’s a message board. This is how it works. 
    What rumour?
    Evidence you say? Ha! You've come to the wrong place for that, but if you're looking for trouble, there's a few on here up for a bit of a scrap, debate, ready to break someone else's nose 😎

Burnley have factored the deal with Macquarie - it’s a bit like a pay day loan for transfers. You get the money up front and pay them when you get paid. Which means they have the cash now …… don’t know if that affects our part of the deal. 
  • edited July 2022
    Good find.

600k sounds wishful for a player with 1-year on his contract and who doesn't want to be there.

Could this be the one Garner was talking about?
  • So we're signing Jay Stansfield on loan from Fulham?

Cue endless variations on a theme of "Been around the world and I, I, I I can't find my striker"
  • Yes, lets look at a successful team of similar size and be as clever as they have been. Sandgaard is a bloody genius. Makes selling your best player seem sensible.
    Michael Gliksten was before his time then, another genius who sold our best players regularly.   
  • Let's get one thing straight: IF George Dobson was to leave for a fee it is 100% nothing to do with he doesn't fit Ben Garner's System. He should be the first name on the team sheet after being the only candidate for POTY last season. Corey Blackett-Taylor was a major success as well but there was only one winner and if George leaves then I will be going to even less matches than the 14 homes games I went to last season which ironically enough included all mainly wins under Jackson and losses under the beleaguered Adkins. Even the Lincoln game with 10 men we had a enough chances to win but Conor had an off day with 4 good chances.

George Dobson is close to JJ so would have been gutted he left and football being about politics, there is a good chance that he could leave with JFC as Jake will be one of the biggest earners.

Might be worth noting that he was first name on Jackson’s team sheet and not Garners.