Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• I don't need no UEFA coaching license to tell you we need a striker, if none is signed before the transfer window is shut then TS and possibly BG have set us up to fail. 

I do however believe we will bring one in on loan. 
    Hopefully with the impact of a Cullen Bielik or Gallagher 
  • CafcSCP said:
    I don't need no UEFA coaching license to tell you we need a striker, if none is signed before the transfer window is shut then TS and possibly BG have set us up to fail. 

I heard someone at united is unsettled at the moment, could do wonders, great in the air, got a rocket on him, passes the height test. Names Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo. 
  • I don't need no UEFA coaching license to tell you we need a striker, if none is signed before the transfer window is shut then TS and possibly BG have set us up to fail. 

I hope you are right. I don't want to hear Sandgaard saying at the end of the season that a mid-table finish wasn't what he was hoping for and we didn't get our summer recruitment right by not having sufficient striker options.

I hope you are right. I don't want to hear Sandgaard saying at the end of the season that a mid-table finish wasn't what he was hoping for and we didn't get our summer recruitment right by not having sufficient striker options.
    Exactly, I'm pro TS if that's a thing, and have backed him a lot. But this would be criminal and outright dumb if a ST wasn't signed. I was ok with us letting Washington go, but I thought it would go without saying that a replacement would be lined up. 
  • CafcSCP said:
    I don't need no UEFA coaching license to tell you we need a striker, if none is signed before the transfer window is shut then TS and possibly BG have set us up to fail. 

I heard someone at united is unsettled at the moment, could do wonders, great in the air, got a rocket on him, passes the height test. Names Ronaldo, Cristiano Ronaldo. 
    Turned him down before he went to Man U the first time, do not suppose he has got any better, plus he is too old😉
  • Scoham said:
    mart77 said:
    Palace youngster David Ozoh linked. Highly rated centre mid.
    Palace, only 17 and plays in the last position we need. That'll really wind some up but I believe it when I see it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19297263/malcolm-ebiowei-crystal-palace-transfer-loan-exclusive/

Palace will let outstanding kid David Ozoh go on loan after also emerging in pre-season.

The powerful midfield prospect, 17, is fancied by Charlton among others.

Really nice lad apparently. Be shocked if he was ready to play men’s football just yet.
  • I think we will see a loan left back and two attacking players. Must be waiting on someone like McKirdy 
    I think loan left back.
    Permanent forward.
    Midfielder departing. 
  • I wonder if they are trying to get 2-3 players out before they bring more in?
  • Sponsored links:

• Clarky said:

Aneke.? In your dreams.
    Why is the question mark after Aneke and not Stockton? One plays for us the other doesn't! 
    Aneke starting!
    Zzzzzzz
  • I wonder if they are trying to get 2-3 players out before they bring more in?
    BG comments about balancing the books would suggest that. 
  • RedRobin said:
    I wonder if they are trying to get 2-3 players out before they bring more in?
    JFC, who else is a possibility? CM?

Loaning out youngsters such as Clayden won’t free up much budget.

I guess the alternative is there’s interest in Dobson or Kirk with clubs willing to pay a relatively big fee.
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    I wonder if they are trying to get 2-3 players out before they bring more in?
    JFC, who else is a possibility? CM?

Loaning out youngsters such as Clayden won’t free up much budget.

I guess the alternative is there’s interest in Dobson or Kirk with clubs willing to pay a relatively big fee.
    Reckon JFC and one other, maybe Gilbey? Kirk is another question mark, if an offer comes in, I think we’d let him go especially if it’s back up North. 
  • JFC & Dobson will be the players leaving. 
  • JFC & Dobson will be the players leaving. 
    Surprised if it’s Dobson, is that a guess or have you heard?
  • Can’t believe we would let Dobbo go!?
  • The only joy I got last year was watching Dobson play. Fully deserved POTY for putting in consistently high performances and "what a goal"!
    Surely he has earned his place in the team this season. Selling him will be a BIG mistake.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    Every player has their price. What would be acceptable for Dobson?

TS has done well on outgoing business so far, especially selling players when they're overvalued (Bonne for example).
  • Find a gem of a player and then look to sell. Great tactic to gain promotion.
    If we need 3 or 4 more players but can’t sign that many because of financial fair play, but selling Dobson means we can then it might make sense. Also a big part of Sandgaards strategy is signing players at a good age and a good price so that we can make profit on them to reinvest. Plenty of teams do this successfully, just look at Brentford 
  • Dobson was the only real bright spot last season other than bursts by CBT, but maybe he doesn't fit for Garner.  Gutted but if he goes at least he goes whilst his price is high
  • Wasn’t Alex Gilbey and Craig McGillvrey both players of the year before they came to Charlton? I’d be wary of one good season, especially under a different manager and completely different system. 

Under Adkins, the vast majority of fans on here were bemoaning Dobson (and Clare) as a product of our poor ‘black box’ recruitment. 

I even remember a well respected poster on here, whose views I always like to pay attention to, saying they ‘were not of the desired quality’.

Dobson absolutely excelled in that role under Jackson, and often felt like he was doing two players jobs as we were so overrun in the middle of the park. Does not mean he will under Garner where the goal will be to keep hold of the ball and win possession back much higher up the pitch. 

Would I like Dobson to stay, 100% yes, but if he was to go and it meant we could strengthen attacking areas I wouldn’t be devastated. From how pre season went, how well Morgan has played, and that glimpse of McGrandles, I’m not even sure he’s in my first XI.
  • edited July 2022
    Yes, lets look at a successful team of similar size and be as clever as they have been. Sandgaard is a bloody genius. Makes selling your best player seem sensible.
  • Find a gem of a player and then look to sell. Great tactic to gain promotion.
    What if the manager has been told whatever he generates on transfer fees can be used to strengthen?
  • edited July 2022
  • Presumably with the sell on % from Pope and others this summer, selling Dobson wouldn’t be to raise funds?