Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• It's like the missing words round on Have I got news for you  ;)

We just need a little bit of BLANK

Quality?
    Attacking threat?
    Lurve?
    A little bit of….

hope
    steak
    money

Quality?
    Attacking threat?
    Lurve?
    Custard!!
  • You misogynistic dinosaur Damo!

Love it.

Quality?
    Attacking threat?
    Lurve?

Magic dust.
  • This is the beginning of my 58th season of watching the Addicks. Over this time I have developed a 6th sense about how we are likely to fare in the upcoming season and in the past 20 years I have rarely been wrong. When I have sensed an upturn in our fortunes I have invariably placed a bet for the season (Outright Winners, Promotion or both). I don't bet at any other time. When I fear a disappointing season ahead I simply don't place a bet. I did not bet in the last two seasons. However, this season I have placed two bets (£50 @ 28-1 Outright Winners and £50 @ 7-1 Promotion). Over the past 15 years I'm up by c£2,600. Who knows how this season will pan out, but I'm certainly not as negative as some and I have put my money where my mouth is. I'm quietly confident that this will turn out to be a much better season than some here fear.

Well said Mr Beefheart. Hope your quiet positivity pays.
  • This is the beginning of my 58th season of watching the Addicks. Over this time I have developed a 6th sense about how we are likely to fare in the upcoming season and in the past 20 years I have rarely been wrong. When I have sensed an upturn in our fortunes I have invariably placed a bet for the season (Outright Winners, Promotion or both). I don't bet at any other time. When I fear a disappointing season ahead I simply don't place a bet. I did not bet in the last two seasons. However, this season I have placed two bets (£50 @ 28-1 Outright Winners and £50 @ 7-1 Promotion). Over the past 15 years I'm up by c£2,600. Who knows how this season will pan out, but I'm certainly not as negative as some and I have put my money where my mouth is. I'm quietly confident that this will turn out to be a much better season than some here fear.
    I've got £775 on top half.
    At what odds?
    At what odds?
    £400 8/13
    £375 4/6
    At what odds?
    £400 8/13
    £375 4/6
    I had a punt on this in a multiple, great price whatever you think of our business, I got the same price 4/6 on Man Utd to NOT finish top four thought that was even better. 
  • paulg1947 said:
    I too have been following Charlton for many decades It must be over 60 in fact.And i dont get any 6th sense. pre season. Just live in hope.Needless to say i dont bet

But what i would bet,with our dearth of attack up front we wont get any farther than 13th again,Lets hope that Garners final piece of the jig saw puzzle. Is someone to help fill the void And it is not the only puzzle to work on.either. It does look promising though, and shows that some read. CL

Its all very well feeling positve And placing bets and all. But thinking the balance of the current team is for a promotion run ,is sheer delusion

I'm not sure reading CL is any recipe for success! I doubt we'd reach agreement on the weather when looking out of the same window.
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    paulg1947 said:
    I too have been following Charlton for many decades It must be over 60 in fact.And i dont get any 6th sense. pre season. Just live in hope.Needless to say i dont bet

But what i would bet,with our dearth of attack up front we wont get any farther than 13th again,Lets hope that Garners final piece of the jig saw puzzle. Is someone to help fill the void And it is not the only puzzle to work on.either. It does look promising though, and shows that some read. CL

Its all very well feeling positve And placing bets and all. But thinking the balance of the current team is for a promotion run ,is sheer delusion

I'm not sure reading CL is any recipe for success! I doubt we'd reach agreement on the weather when looking out of the same window.
    Yes we would …
  • swordfish said:
    paulg1947 said:

Yes we would …

• Alright if you’re going to be like that no we wouldn’t then 😉
  • North Hykeham is a sub district of south Lincoln by the way.
    More imp than gimp then ?
  • Scoham said:
    Orient forum, someone claims they know a CAFC player and it’s true, another claims he made the rumour up. Then someone says Gillingham managed by JJ are interested.

https://lofcforum.boards.net/thread/11965/midfielder

Hahaha , we have the same source , the Orient link is very much true 👍 
  • cabbles said:
    I too think JFC is above League 2, but if he does end up at Orient I think it highlights how massively inflated people’s opinions of him are for us.  

Of course, we can argue circumstances at his stage of life re: moving home etc, but to end up at Orient would be a pretty sizeable statement as to how overhyped he’s been 
    Pretty impossible for us to know how badly the knee injury has hampered him at this stage. If he goes to Orient i'm guessing he isn't the same player anymore
  • cabbles said:
    I too think JFC is above League 2, but if he does end up at Orient I think it highlights how massively inflated people’s opinions of him are for us.  

Of course, we can argue circumstances at his stage of life re: moving home etc, but to end up at Orient would be a pretty sizeable statement as to how overhyped he’s been 
    Pretty impossible for us to know how badly the knee injury has hampered him at this stage. If he goes to Orient i'm guessing he isn't the same player anymore
    True.  And the same injury twice.  
  • edited August 2022
    cabbles said:

I quite like JFC but feel like we've had loads of overhyped players over the years who have proved their level in the following years. Also see: Matthews, Purrington, Williams, and so on, to infinity and beyond
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    cabbles said:

Obviously everyone is entitled to opinions on players it would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed but personally I am gutted that he won't get the chance to prove his fitness here.  He isn't without blame to why though.

I do find it strange though that people are writing him off without actually seeing him play again, yet people were prepared to have a melt down when it was suggested Dobson might not start last week.

Remember they are the last two POTY and actually JFC got a higher statbank mark, in a better team than Dobson did.
  • cabbles said:

Too sensible for this thread. 
  • cabbles said:

Would it ? He’s been good when fit but if he’s going to league 2, it can only mean that injuries have caught up with him.  Shame .
  • cabbles said:

Perhaps he doesn't fancy a move to Barnsley? :smile:

• I like JFC as a player but I’ve always felt he was overhyped.  He clearly has a great footballing brain and a lot of talent but physically his body isn’t at the same level.  Sadly the injuries will exacerbate this.  He,ll look good in L2 until he gets clattered a few times and then will continue his way down the pyramid.
  • Swisdom said:
    I like JFC as a player but I’ve always felt he was overhyped.  He clearly has a great footballing brain and a lot of talent but physically his body isn’t at the same level.  Sadly the injuries will exacerbate this.  He,ll look good in L2 until he gets clattered a few times and then will continue his way down the pyramid.
    I always felt JFC and Amos were both under hyped because they weren't Cullen and Phillips.  I think the statbanks for 20/21 and 17/18 back that up.  Not to mention how much we missed them last season. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    The constant stream of negativity again on this forum is just SHIT. No you cannot call it realism - it's not happened yet and it's equally realistic right now that we will do either better, the same as or worse than last season. You're all just being constant mood sponges on here to make yourselves feel better about being miserable in general. 

That's all. 
    it’s easy to be negative, love the doom, and claim the upside  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

Obviously everyone is entitled to opinions on players it would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed but personally I am gutted that he won't get the chance to prove his fitness here.  He isn't without blame to why though.

I do find it strange though that people are writing him off without actually seeing him play again, yet people were prepared to have a melt down when it was suggested Dobson might not start last week.

Remember they are the last two POTY and actually JFC got a higher statbank mark, in a better team than Dobson did.
    I’ve just never got the hype and I do appreciate I’m in the minority as the general consensus is that most people I would imagine would like to see him play.  

As you say it’s just different opinions.  I certainly think he’s an okay player for this level, but nothing more.  I might be judging him too harshly given the 2 knee injuries, but I just never took to him, even before the injuries.