Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Perhaps TS is fur coat and no knickers
    😉

20m worth of knickers. 
  • cabbles said:
    I too think JFC is above League 2, but if he does end up at Orient I think it highlights how massively inflated people’s opinions of him are for us.  

Of course, we can argue circumstances at his stage of life re: moving home etc, but to end up at Orient would be a pretty sizeable statement as to how overhyped he’s been 
    Interested to know how some think he is above league 2 level? 
    Coaches, recruitment staff, agents etc say different..
  • How does he know the figures of other clubs
    To be fair i'm sure most people on this forum could probably tell you which clubs have the biggest budgets.
  • How does he know the figures of other clubs
    To be fair i'm sure most people on this forum could probably tell you which clubs have the biggest budgets.
    Yeah, derby are last and their business been terrible like us cos they’ve not spent any fees..
  • Redhenry said:
    cabbles said:
    I too think JFC is above League 2, but if he does end up at Orient I think it highlights how massively inflated people’s opinions of him are for us.  

Of course, we can argue circumstances at his stage of life re: moving home etc, but to end up at Orient would be a pretty sizeable statement as to how overhyped he’s been 
    Interested to know how some think he is above league 2 level? 
    Coaches, recruitment staff, agents etc say different..
    Based on career to date, but I take your point that if he is heading there, then that is his level. 
  • cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

Obviously everyone is entitled to opinions on players it would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed but personally I am gutted that he won't get the chance to prove his fitness here.  He isn't without blame to why though.

I do find it strange though that people are writing him off without actually seeing him play again, yet people were prepared to have a melt down when it was suggested Dobson might not start last week.

Remember they are the last two POTY and actually JFC got a higher statbank mark, in a better team than Dobson did.
    I’ve just never got the hype and I do appreciate I’m in the minority as the general consensus is that most people I would imagine would like to see him play.  

As you say it’s just different opinions.  I certainly think he’s an okay player for this level, but nothing more.  I might be judging him too harshly given the 2 knee injuries, but I just never took to him, even before the injuries.   

i agree - jfc was neat and tidy, nothing more 
  • Chunes said:
    Wow that PP video couldn't be any more spot on could it...
    One of the best they've done

Maybe a bit harsh to focus on Liverpool, when they could have covered fans from most Premier League sides
    😉

20m worth of knickers. 
    This thread is getting weird(er). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Wow that PP video couldn't be any more spot on could it...
    One of the best they've done

Maybe a bit harsh to focus on Liverpool, when they could have covered fans from most Premier League sides
    I think it’s a good choice as they came second, so it makes the point well. 
  • That's brilliant. Still find it hilarious that they have an official job title "Head of Mischief"
  • DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

Obviously everyone is entitled to opinions on players it would be pretty boring if everyone always agreed but personally I am gutted that he won't get the chance to prove his fitness here.  He isn't without blame to why though.

I do find it strange though that people are writing him off without actually seeing him play again, yet people were prepared to have a melt down when it was suggested Dobson might not start last week.

Remember they are the last two POTY and actually JFC got a higher statbank mark, in a better team than Dobson did.
    I’ve just never got the hype and I do appreciate I’m in the minority as the general consensus is that most people I would imagine would like to see him play.  

As you say it’s just different opinions.  I certainly think he’s an okay player for this level, but nothing more.  I might be judging him too harshly given the 2 knee injuries, but I just never took to him, even before the injuries.   

Versatile , could pass through the lines , could score goals if playing further forward .  
  • I really think this thread needs to get past its obsession with JFC. It’s pretty clear he’s not in Garners plans and the club are trying to shift him out. He’ll be gone in a few weeks thank god and we can talk about something more relevant. 
    We are going to sell our best player and bring in a freebee from league 2? Wait a moment while I go on twitter and tag Thomas and have a complete meltdown. 
  • I really think this thread needs to get past its obsession with JFC. It’s pretty clear he’s not in Garners plans and the club are trying to shift him out. He’ll be gone in a few weeks thank god and we can talk about something more relevant. 
    We are going to sell our best player and bring in a freebee from league 2? Wait a moment while I go on twitter and tag Thomas and have a complete meltdown. 
    We’re selling Jack Payne already ? 
  • Chunes said:
    A great video, but not that relevant to us really
    I don't know... Seems like some of our fanbase have forgotten about trying to enjoy the football or the start of a new season and instead spend all day moaning about the owner/transfers. I thought it was just us but I guess it's happening at every club.
    Little bit easier to enjoy the football when you’re one of the best teams in the world. Whilst just down the road Charlton are conceding a 96th min equaliser at Accrington Stanley…
  • Chunes said:
    I don't know... Seems like some of our fanbase have forgotten about trying to enjoy the football or the start of a new season and instead spend all day moaning about the owner/transfers. I thought it was just us but I guess it's happening at every club.
    Little bit easier to enjoy the football when you’re one of the best teams in the world. Whilst just down the road Charlton are conceding a 96th min equaliser at Accrington Stanley…
    And while Liverpool's hated rivals Man U are a shambles, Palace are 2 divisions higher than us, and Millwall 1 division higher!
  • Sponsored links:

😉

20m worth of knickers. 
    But it's the same old thong
  • Does airbud pass the height test?
  • wmcf123 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:

Versatile , could pass through the lines , could score goals if playing further forward .  
    It always amazes me how some people don't put enough value on this when it is fundamental to the game.
  • edited August 2022
    Chunes said:
    This.

I appreciate the video is supposed to be a parody but you can only really laugh at it if you are one of the top dogs. When you finished 13th in League 1 last season & the owner keeps going on about top budgets & getting out of this league then you are (imo) allowed a bit of a moan if what you see in front of you doesnt really look good enough. 

Fwiw - I'm off to the match today (cut my holiday short) & looking forward to seeing the start of a new era.
  • Chunes said:
    "All I want is an owner who cares so I can just go back to watching the football."
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    "All I want is an owner who cares so I can just go back to watching the football."
    Fair point, albeit not a quote from me. I get the general point and it’s valid to an extent, but let’s not compare it to the likes of Liverpool which is to be frank, ridiculous. 
  • edited August 2022
    Impression I get from the video, is that fans are too pent up, and focused these days over Transfers.

Too busy complaining about X, Y, Z playing, saying who we should sign... continuously throughout the season, as the moment we hit September, there will be fans of clubs saying that they need X, Y, Z come the January window - Just try and enjoy the actual Football - Results of course arent always going to go the way we want, but for me thats the unpredictable nature of the sport as a whole, thats one reason why I love this game.

I mean the quotes from Mr Mendez about budget has been talked about now

Surely last season (when we probably had the third / fourth biggest), and our result last week, proved that budgets mean diddly squat down here.
  • Responses are entirely predictable. 🤣

”Great video but I’m gonna keep moaning anyway”
    Almost as predictable as someone like you using a video about Liverpool to dig out Charlton fans  :)