Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• rather McKirdy than Stockton personally
    Bring in McKirdy and Simpson and get rid of Stockley and we would be in a far stronger position. 
    It won't happen though. 
  • When does the emergency loan criteria for a keeper kick in?

If MacGillivray goes how many "senior" keepers would we have during the WC?

None, 1 or more?  I don't really know what the definition is. 
  • We can always request they stop the league while Wollacott is away.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    When does the emergency loan criteria for a keeper kick in?

On second thoughts maybe we could get a normal loan. They would play a  significant number of games. It will be interesting to see who plays Tuesday. If McG is off then we probably don't want him to be Cup tied.
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    When does the emergency loan criteria for a keeper kick in?

On second thoughts maybe we could get a normal loan. They would play a  significant number of games. It will be interesting to see who plays Tuesday. If McG is off then we probably don't want him to be Cup tied.
    I don't think anyone signing MacGillivray will have aspirations in the League Cup....
  • edited August 2022
    If Wollacott leaves for the WC during November and MacGillivray is no longer here, we could apply for an emergency loan goalkeeper to cover his absence for the month.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    Sorry to be a killjoy, but who thinks Ghana will still be in the World Cup up to the final, so will he be away for a long time?
  • I’m not sure how much interest there’d be in McKirdy on here if he’d been playing for say Northampton last season.

Real danger of him being another one season wonder IMO. Scored lots of goals in League Two last season but what else does he bring to the table that makes people think he’ll carry that form over to this season? 
  • I’m not sure how much interest there’d be in McKirdy on here if he’d been playing for say Northampton last season.

Real danger of him being another one season wonder IMO. Scored lots of goals in League Two last season but what else does he bring to the table that makes people think he’ll carry that form over to this season? 

Agreed. Couldn't care less if we signed him or not tbh. Seems like he'd be a squad player at most.

It's true what you say but the counter argument would presumably be that it was Garner specifically who got that super season out of him and using the same system, so playing the same system under the same manager (with theoretically better players around him) COULD mean he replicates the same kind of form.

It would be a gamble not a given thing for sure but honestly the chances are there is no proven 100% guaranteed success among our options.
  • thenewbie said:
    I’m not sure how much interest there’d be in McKirdy on here if he’d been playing for say Northampton last season.

It's true what you say but the counter argument would presumably be that it was Garner specifically who got that super season out of him and using the same system, so playing the same system under the same manager (with theoretically better players around him) COULD mean he replicates the same kind of form.

It would be a gamble not a given thing for sure but honestly the chances are there is no proven 100% guaranteed success among our options.
    But at a higher level with better opposition 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    AndyG said:
    Transfers are always a gamble you never know how things will work out do you. Imo our 2 best signings lately have been CBT & Dobson, neither of them came to us with glowing references did they. I would argue that the ones that did arrive being hailed by most turned out flops
    I would add Clare to that as well.
    Yes he has also been great but he was doing ok before he came to us wasnt he. Dobbo was a failure at Sunderland (on the train after our game with them their fans couldn't believe it was the same player they had) and CBT was setting the world alight at Tranmere
  • Hoskins from Northampton wouldn’t be a bad shout. 3 already this season and scored a fair few last
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    Hoskins from Northampton wouldn’t be a bad shout. 3 already this season and scored a fair few last
    30 this season and done basically nothing apart from a half decent season last year

• I can't be bothered to look it up myself, was it him Watford paid big money for from a smallish lower league team when he was a teenager? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

I can't be bothered to look it up myself, was it him Watford paid big money for from a smallish lower league team when he was a teenager? 
    Different Hoskins, that was Will.
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can't be bothered to look it up myself, was it him Watford paid big money for from a smallish lower league team when he was a teenager? 
    Different Hoskins, that was Will.
    It's good to talk, I thought it was Bob!
  • edited August 2022
    New signing incoming?

This fella can definitely make a splash!

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1556040036403093514?s=21&t=NjognzOszDX9P-wdIMwbXw
  • Does he come with a Tsunami warning?
  • Cafc43v3r said:

When I see stats like this which seems quite often,  it seems most strikers are called that because they are on strike.
    You won't find a lower League striker that regularly gets 20 goals a season, because they wouldn't be a lower League striker.

Billy Sharpe is the only player that has scored 20, or more, League 1 goals twice in the last decade.

Even more reason not to sign Stockton 😉

Reckon Clarke-Harris is in with a shout of doing it if he isn't sold tbh or is that stat for consecutive seasons?
  • edited August 2022
    Jac_52 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

When I see stats like this which seems quite often,  it seems most strikers are called that because they are on strike.
    You won't find a lower League striker that regularly gets 20 goals a season, because they wouldn't be a lower League striker.

Billy Sharpe is the only player that has scored 20, or more, League 1 goals twice in the last decade.

Even more reason not to sign Stockton 😉

Reckon Clarke-Harris is in with a shout of doing it if he isn't sold tbh or is that stat for consecutive seasons?
    It's just stats.  They normally either get promoted or sold.  

Billy has done it twice in consecutive seasons.  For Scunthorpe and Sheffield United.  Did it twice under that no nothing good for nothing Adkins as well.....

But the first 2 were over a decade ago.  Clarke-Harris is within a shout.