Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• wmcf123 said:
    Best we can hope for is a strong loan for a striker - ideally someone that can hold the ball up and run channels / be a threat in behind , like the guy with pink hair used to.  Ideally someone that can play left or right too
    Why is it the best we can hope for exactly? 
    Because we clearly don’t have the money to buy a good league 1 striker . 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    What all these stats prove is that how a player fits our system is far more important than what they have done in the past. 

We’re clearly waiting for the right person to be available which is the right call for me.
    What cheap, loan or free being the right person under TS budget.
  • Sheffield Wednesday are sponsored by their owners company so will have a significantly inflated income through that. 
  • Smithy said:
    Sheffield Wednesday are sponsored by their owners company so will have a significantly inflated income through that. 
    Why can’t Zynex sponsor us?
  • Smithy said:
    Sheffield Wednesday are sponsored by their owners company so will have a significantly inflated income through that. 
    Didn’t they get done for that though? When he set up a taxi company and used it to sponsor them even though the company didn’t own any taxis 
  • edited August 2022
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Best we can hope for is a strong loan for a striker - ideally someone that can hold the ball up and run channels / be a threat in behind , like the guy with pink hair used to.  Ideally someone that can play left or right too
    You're right. 

WE don't have the money for anything. 

Thomas Sandgaard however, will be willing to find the money as he's shown a few times.

Everyone* wanted Stockley permanently and we paid a reasonable fee for him and he's done reasonably well for us, though it is now clear that his hip/back condition has severely hampered him. 

(*except me, I didn't like his lack of running, but prior to his injury last season he showed more willing)
  • Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Barnsley will all have bigger budgets. Possibly even Pompey, Peterborough and Wycombe too. 
    Barnsley have nothing. Despite having a rich owner they do everything based on actual income as the owner doesn't want to put anything in, and at last check they were £8m in the red despite selling their best players and signing basically no decent players. Going to be a tough year for them if they don't do some good work before the window closes
  • wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Why’s it clear?  Is it because we haven’t spoken publicly about having loads of money to spend?  Do you think that’s wise?  Or is it better to just not saying anything so we don’t get stung in negotiations.  
  • NabySarr said:
    Smithy said:
    Didn’t they get done for that though? When he set up a taxi company and used it to sponsor them even though the company didn’t own any taxis 
    Yes I think it was part of the reason for their punishment but why else would they still have Chansiri as the sponsor unless he was putting more money in than they'd receive from a regular sponsorhsip? I don't think there's much doubt that Wednesday will continue to bend the rules, they'll just be more careful about it this time. 
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Smithy said:
    IIRC, a "cab for Carbone" arrived at half time during a Wednesday match some years ago, but I couldn't tell you the name of the Cab firm, and it predated Mr Chansiri's time. 
  • chev said:
    Spoke to ts we have 4th biggest budget in league 1
    Why do you feel the need to run and ask him things like this, it's pretty sad to be honest 
  • So that is where we are. Fucking Wycombe could have a bigger budget than us . There average attendance is a4 blokes , a dog and 30 sheep in the pasture at the cack of the ground.

If Wycombe do have a bigger budget than us, apart from being gifted a large sum by their owner, there are other factors. Unless it's been recently modified, this is how the system is applied:

The EFL also operates a Parachute Payment system within the EFL Leagues and the National League. From 2016-17 season onwards payments are:

• Clubs relegated from the EFL Championship receive 11.1% of the Basic Award payment to Championship clubs for one season.
    • Clubs relegated from EFL League One receive 12.6% of the Basic Award payment to League One clubs for one season.
    • Clubs relegated from EFL League Two receive 100% of the equivalent Basic Award payment made to League Two clubs in the first year following relegation, and 50% of the equivalent Basic Award payment made to League Two clubs in the second year following relegation.[10]

Solidarity payments

Clubs within the EFL who are not eligible for Parachute Payments receive Solidarity Payments. These are calculated as a percentage of the third year Parachute Payment amount a club relegated from the Premier League would receive (currently 20% of the equally shared element of Premier League broadcasting rights). This percentage drops progressively for each EFL league – 30% in the EFL Championship, 4.5% in EFL League One, and 3% in EFL League Two.[6]

League2018/19 Per Club
    (million)
      2018/19 League Total
    (million)
    EFL Championship£4.65£79.1
    EFL League One£0.70£16.1
    EFL League Two£0.47£11.2
    TOTAL£106.3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_parachute_and_solidarity_payments#:~:text=Clubs relegated from the EFL,One clubs for one season.
  • Scoham said:
    jakecafc said:
    chev said:
    How does he even know what other teams budgets are? Chatting bollocks as usual old Tommy 
    That’s covered on the last few pages - owners submit it to the EFL who share it with all clubs in the league.
    Yeah but, erm, grrrr!
  • Chunes said:
    I still remember when he first started signing players for fees and putting people on long-term contracts and it felt brilliant, since Roland hadn't done that in forever. 

So why is it now not enough? And what will be enough?
    Roland paid a fee and a long term contract with it in his last window he owned us.....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    FAVADDICK said:
    chev said:
    Why do you feel the need to run and ask him things like this, it's pretty sad to be honest 
    "Run and ask him"???

People have been debating where our budget sits so someone asked the owner who said 4th.

That sounds about right to me but it depends on your view on TS (and Chev) and his honesty.

Not sure why it's "sad" to  add info to the debate.

• From what we know about other teams were fourth highest. Don't think we are third right now but it's a moving target how much other teams spend of course. Other than that it is really nobody's business....
  • FAVADDICK said:
    chev said:
    "Run and ask him"???

People have been debating where our budget sits so someone asked the owner who said 4th.

That sounds about right to me but it depends on your view on TS (and Chev) and his honesty.

Thomas will tell you what ever you want to here, doesn't mean it's true, there's no way we have the 4th biggest budget, not with derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Ipswich, Peterborough, Wycombe, Bolton and Portsmouth, so I would imagine that another lie 
  • FAVADDICK said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    chev said:
    "Run and ask him"???

Thomas will tell you what ever you want to here, doesn't mean it's true, there's no way we have the 4th biggest budget, not with derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Ipswich, Peterborough, Wycombe, Bolton and Portsmouth, so I would imagine that another lie 
    That, or we're massively overpaying current squad members
  • Anyway back to talking about transfers instead of budgets.  We know we are looking to upgrade at wide forward/winger and fullback,  my biggest fear is that we aren’t looking at another center half.  I just don’t think some combination of innis, O’Connell and Lavelle is good enough to get promoted.  
  • Anyway back to talking about transfers instead of budgets.  We know we are looking to upgrade at wide forward/winger and fullback,  my biggest fear is that we aren’t looking at another center half.  I just don’t think some combination of innis, O’Connell and Lavelle is good enough to get promoted.  
    Garner mentioned bringing in one or two attacking options, I don’t think he confirmed we’re after a full back? I think a CB is more likely given we only have three senior players there.
  • Scoham said:
    Anyway back to talking about transfers instead of budgets.  We know we are looking to upgrade at wide forward/winger and fullback,  my biggest fear is that we aren’t looking at another center half.  I just don’t think some combination of innis, O’Connell and Lavelle is good enough to get promoted.  
    Garner mentioned bringing in one or two attacking options, I don’t think he confirmed we’re after a full back? I think a CB is more likely given we only have three senior players there.
    And perhaps he'll be a CB who can also comfortably  cover at LB?

• Scoham said:
    Anyway back to talking about transfers instead of budgets.  We know we are looking to upgrade at wide forward/winger and fullback,  my biggest fear is that we aren’t looking at another center half.  I just don’t think some combination of innis, O’Connell and Lavelle is good enough to get promoted.  
    Even worse at full-back though isn't it. We have 2 senior fit full-backs, one of whom left his previous club because he didn't want to play there. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    And perhaps he'll be a CB who can also comfortably  cover at LB?

:#