Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Anyway back to talking about transfers instead of budgets.  We know we are looking to upgrade at wide forward/winger and fullback,  my biggest fear is that we aren’t looking at another center half.  I just don’t think some combination of innis, O’Connell and Lavelle is good enough to get promoted.  
    Garner mentioned bringing in one or two attacking options, I don’t think he confirmed we’re after a full back? I think a CB is more likely given we only have three senior players there.
    And perhaps he'll be a CB who can also comfortably  cover at LB?

:# 

• Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    Anyway back to talking about transfers instead of budgets.  We know we are looking to upgrade at wide forward/winger and fullback,  my biggest fear is that we aren’t looking at another center half.  I just don’t think some combination of innis, O’Connell and Lavelle is good enough to get promoted.  
    Garner mentioned bringing in one or two attacking options, I don’t think he confirmed we’re after a full back? I think a CB is more likely given we only have three senior players there.

This one wouldn’t be as good on the ball but might turn quicker 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone point me in the direction of the official league one budget website?

Thought not.
    www.league1budgets.co.uk

Seriously though you can look at the accounts on Companies House Web site and they will give you a good idea.
    Does it cover the undisclosed deals because a vast amount of transfers fall into this bracket now.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Can someone point me in the direction of the official league one budget website?

Thought not.
    www.league1budgets.co.uk

Seriously though you can look at the accounts on Companies House Web site and they will give you a good idea.
    Does it cover the undisclosed deals because a vast amount of transfers fall into this bracket now.
    A clubs accounts have to cover all income whether undisclosed or not. The issue is the money is usually spread over a period of time and accounts can normally only be seen a year in arrears at best.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Thought not.
    www.league1budgets.co.uk

Yes but the biggest bench mark is wages. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

You said the line! 
  • Leuth said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

You said the line! 
    Teamwork makes the dream work 
  • I think we’ll bring in another one by the end of the week.

• Sponsored links:

• I think we’ll bring in another one by the end of the week.

We can’t sign anyone until Richard Cawley is back from holiday.
  • Scoham said:
    I think we’ll bring in another one by the end of the week.

We can’t sign anyone until Richard Cawley is back from holiday.
    He’s not shark fishing is he?
  • jakecafc said:
    chev said:
    Spoke to ts we have 4th biggest budget in league 1
    How does he even know what other teams budgets are? Chatting bollocks as usual old Tommy 
    How do you know he doesn’t…..he has a very experienced person in Steve Gallen who will no doubt be constantly passing on pertinent information.
    You say he’s talking bollocks as if to slag him off.
    All people involved in the football transfer market will say what they think is the best thing to say at any given moment because at the end of the day, it’s a game of poker.
    It doesn’t bother me a jot whether he, Gallen and Garner are saying different things…..they are white lies anyway as far as I’m concerned.
    Tell me anyone in professional football who openly tells the truth regarding their transfer budget…..I can’t think of one?
    Transfer budget and total budget are being interchanged here.  I don't think everyone is talking about the same thing, which is confusing matters.

Thomas, Garner, Gallen et al will know the total budget of every club in the division.  Because the EFL tells them.

What they won't know is how much anyone else is prepared to pay for something.  They can make an educated guess.

This isn't a question aimed at anyone especially but if Accrington spend 200k more on transfer fees than us but our wage bill is 2 million higher, who has the bigger budget?
  • Transfer rumours, anyone?
  • Rak-Sakyi played full reserve game for Palace this evening. 
  • Needs to find is bloody pen .
    You not a bit old for autographs?
  • He said we’re short of defenders with Egbo being out injured….so full back cover would seem more likely.

Completely get the early concerns about O’Connell but hopefully he will come good. If not we have Lavelle, Ness, Elerewe (on recall) and even Clare as an option to play there instead. I would also like another CB (bearing in mind Inniss could breakdown at any min) but we atleast have more options there than we have at full back. If Sessegnon gets injured we have to play a winger (Claydon) there and if Clare gets injured we have to play a CB at RB (Ness or Barker etc).
    Badly need a left footed centre back and a left footed LB. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    He said we’re short of defenders with Egbo being out injured….so full back cover would seem more likely.

Completely get the early concerns about O’Connell but hopefully he will come good. If not we have Lavelle, Ness, Elerewe (on recall) and even Clare as an option to play there instead. I would also like another CB (bearing in mind Inniss could breakdown at any min) but we atleast have more options there than we have at full back. If Sessegnon gets injured we have to play a winger (Claydon) there and if Clare gets injured we have to play a CB at RB (Ness or Barker etc).
    Very little chance of getting both I'd say, more likely to get one left footed defender who can cover both in a pinch.
  • Where’s Chuks ? Any prospect of seeing him before Christmas?
    Yes in a red suit & a white beard hohoho
  • Was told today club still very confident we will get JRS, just needs to sign his palace contract and it will happen.
    He must be a slow reader.....he's had the new contract for over a  week how.
  • Was told today club still very confident we will get JRS, just needs to sign his palace contract and it will happen.
    Is it that odd for negotiations to last a week? I assume not. 
    Is it that odd for negotiations to last a week? I assume not. 
    I would have thought that a week is the bare minimum it would take, sometimes it can take months.
  • I’m hoping the likes of jfc and gilbey have got the message and move on - goal scorer needed anc we need to throw everything at it 
  • JamesSeed said:
    He said we’re short of defenders with Egbo being out injured….so full back cover would seem more likely.

Read that as Baldy lol. Thought who’s he talking to😂
  • Garner said we were well down the line with getting two players in ??? 
    Wonder who these are ?