Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m hoping the likes of jfc and gilbey have got the message and move on - goal scorer needed anc we need to throw everything at it 
    What message?  That a load of people on a forum are suggesting they go to Orient, Wimbledon or Gillingham?

We are going to use 4 CMs every game, maybe 5 in most. To only have 5 would be as silly as having 7.  If they aren't happy that's a different matter but I would be supprised if both went and we didn't bring someone else in. 
    yes and somebody's' else in is what i'm hoping for - not just a striker 
  • edited August 2022
    Was told today club still very confident we will get JRS, just needs to sign his palace contract and it will happen.
    Well, he clearly don't want to sign their bloody contract does he, and i can't say I blame him..do you!!.. B)
  • Longer the transfer saga drags on, the more expectation he's gonna come with

If he doesn't hit the ground running, then there will be instant comments of: "What was the fuss about"

I mean just look at the reaction that O'Connell has had after just two games.

Agree with Golfie, what is the hold up, sounds like the lad is being poorly advised when he should focus on his Football... Rather than his bank balance, if he's good enough (and has that opinion himself), then that should take of itself later down the line.
    we need tried and tested up top - if we sign this kid it needs to be as well as or we are going nowhere this year  
  • We say we have too many midfielders but we get a few injuries and we don't have to do the usual Charlton thing of playing a ridiculously weakened side. Even when we won promotion under Bowyer I recall going to Oxford with a few players out and knowing we were going to lose. Every game and every point needs respect. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Longer the transfer saga drags on, the more expectation he's gonna come with

If he doesn't hit the ground running, then there will be instant comments of: "What was the fuss about"

Agree with Golfie, what is the hold up, sounds like the lad is being poorly advised when he should focus on his Football... Rather than his bank balance, if he's good enough (and has that opinion himself), then that should take of itself later down the line.
    we need tried and tested up top - if we sign this kid it needs to be as well as or we are going nowhere this year  
    Whats Tamar Hemed up to... He was tried and tested in the Championship ;)
    Tomer Hemed has been smashing up the A League since leaving us. Plus his Mrs is awesome. (Shunit Faragi)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    DOUCHER said:

Tomer Hemed has been smashing up the A League since leaving us. Plus his Mrs is awesome. (Shunit Faragi)
    Lucky bastard!!
  • DOUCHER said:

he was tried and tested but past his best - i think we need to treat miles leaburn and chucks as bit parts - however good their cameos can be - even taking the fatc taht he has little mobility out of the equation, that leaves stockley playing every game every week - we cannot start an 18 year old kid instead - i just don't see it unless we play 2 up top.  
  • I think we all for the most part know by now what is going to happen over the rest of the transfer period. JRS is going to come in on loan, one more defender will probably come in on loan (hopefully a starting quality center half) and one of Gilbey/JFC will go.  That’s it.  As much as some of us want another no 9, it is clear Garner is high on Leaburn and that he will be given the opportunity to fill that reserve roll.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if Clayden remains the backup left back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Im hoping for Rak-Sakyi | a Left-Back who can play Centre-Back | an U21 Striker like Cannon from Everton for example

I do hope that Leaburn will start centrally tonight, but would get another Striker in, but not just for the bodies

Think Miles has done well so far in that wide role, and as he showed at Accrington, can drift into the box, as he was doing similar at Dartford as well to great effect - Means he isnt just challenging Stockley for a spot, but the wingers too
  • Im hoping for Rak-Sakyi | a Left-Back who can play Centre-Back | an U21 Striker like Cannon from Everton for example

I do hope that Leaburn will start centrally tonight, but would get another Striker in, but not just for the bodies

Think Miles has done well so far in that wide role, and as he showed at Accrington, can drift into the box, as he was doing similar at Dartford as well to great effect - Means he isnt just challenging Stockley for a spot, but the wingers too
    All fair. Though I still know nothing of Rak-Sakyi to say he's what I want, but someone in his position. 
  • I think we all for the most part know by now what is going to happen over the rest of the transfer period. JRS is going to come in on loan, one more defender will probably come in on loan (hopefully a starting quality center half) and one of Gilbey/JFC will go.  That’s it.  As much as some of us want another no 9, it is clear Garner is high on Leaburn and that he will be given the opportunity to fill that reserve roll.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if Clayden remains the backup left back.
    Remember the 08/09 season when we went in with a lack of centre halves- only really Hudson of any reliability and poor striking options.  I’m not saying that I think we will go down but I think there’s a real danger of going on a bad run when injuries hit .  
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Im hoping for Rak-Sakyi | a Left-Back who can play Centre-Back | an U21 Striker like Cannon from Everton for example

All fair. Though I still know nothing of Rak-Sakyi to say he's what I want, but someone in his position. 
    Its more if he is a genuine target, then its a result of "If he's good enough for Garner and Gallen, he's good enough for me"
  • DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m hoping the likes of jfc and gilbey have got the message and move on - goal scorer needed anc we need to throw everything at it 
    What message?  That a load of people on a forum are suggesting they go to Orient, Wimbledon or Gillingham?

We are going to use 4 CMs every game, maybe 5 in most. To only have 5 would be as silly as having 7.  If they aren't happy that's a different matter but I would be supprised if both went and we didn't bring someone else in. 
    yes and somebody's' else in is what i'm hoping for - not just a striker 
    I ment specifically another midfielder if both went. 
  • JRS on the bench tonight 
  • barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    Mad if true as he played 90 minutes last night.
  • barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    For?
  • cafc_se7 said:
    barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    For?
    Well Palace aren't playing tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• The Palace reserves……or what ever they call it nowadays?
  • mart77 said:
    barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    Mad if true as he played 90 minutes last night.
    Even madder because he would have to have signed for us before he played for them.
  • Announce Jesu-dontarf-run!
  • barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    no he won't be
  • sam3110 said:
    barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    no he won't be
    My guess is.
    We will announce him tomorrow and he will be on the bench Saturday. 
  • barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    What's Jayden Stockley's middle name?
  • barstool said:
    JRS on the bench tonight 
    What's Jayden Stockley's middle name?

Roderick
  • Shame it has taken so many years. ;)