Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Some guy behind me in the West stand speaking on his phone said JRS had signed on loan before the game. Reckon he was wrong but will be with us shortly.
  • Options
    Some guy behind me in the West stand speaking on his phone said JRS had signed on loan before the game. Reckon he was wrong but will be with us shortly.
    You're in the West Stand now!?
  • Options
    For one night only. Upper covered end til I die ha ha
  • Options
    I think we pretty much know he is definitely coming on loan, but where otherwise would JRS and Aaron Henry crossed paths?

• Options
    I think we pretty much know he is definitely coming on loan, but where otherwise would JRS and Aaron Henry crossed paths?

Youth games I would have thought. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    How dare you tease me with that. Charlie McNeill would be the final piece of the jigsaw
    I can see they played in the England U16s together at least ha ha. Am wondering if JRS has already been introduced to the team, or it’s because they move in the same circles. 
  • Options

Wouldn’t it be great if those three who commented were out last 3 signings;)
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    By the way, if our summer transfer business is "leaving us behind" and "playing catch-up," how comes our second string just beat a Championship first team?
    It's one game. Every Championship side that played a lower league team lost last night 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is JRS any good? Genuinely don’t know a thing about him. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Won PL2 Player of the season last season. Huge pedigree at youth and England level. Also has a great attitude to football and studying, without a huge ego. Whether he can transition into men’s football, who knows.

Some players need 2/3 loans before adapting to men’s football.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    By the way, if our summer transfer business is "leaving us behind" and "playing catch-up," how comes our second string just beat a Championship first team?
    I agree we have a good squad, but that was far from second string! Apart from the headless chicken in midfield 
  • Options
    Unfortunately JFC wasn't very good tonight. He's got the experience but when the game wasn't bypassing him, he was overhitting long passes to no-one.

He had the lowest pass completion percentage of any of the three starting midfielders: Dobson 93.9% (31/33), Gilbey 86.7% (26/30), Forster-Caskey 86.5% (32/37).

Long ball accuracy: Dobson 100% (5/5), Gilbey 50% (2/4), Forster-Caskey 42.8% (3/7).
    That's really emphasising the quality of George Dobson.

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Wouldn’t it be great if those three who commented were out last 3 signings;)
    The return of Naby....what dreams are made of!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Won PL2 Player of the season last season. Huge pedigree at youth and England level. Also has a great attitude to football and studying, without a huge ego. Whether he can transition into men’s football, who knows.

Some players need 2/3 loans before adapting to men’s football.
    He was nominated but James McAtee won that accolade.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    I agree we have a good squad, but that was far from second string! Apart from the headless chicken in midfield 

Wouldn't say headless chicken, more anonymous, but then if JFC wants out that's understandable. 

😅
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    he’s 100% signing today 
    This is the kind of post a thread like this needs. 
    Not really. This is a rumours thread. That post belongs in a "its a fact" thread.  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Henry and JRS would know about each other due to development football.

Not counting Ness (harshly criticised anyway) but Leaburn, Morgan, Henry and Clayden all played a part last night.
    Steve Avory was there and must’ve been pleased.

I predict there are other decent players who will emerge pretty soon.

What they will lack is experience of grown men playing professional football, but are already very experienced in football as a sport if that makes sense.

Albie Morgan was an eye catching player coming through and playing with and against his peers, he is still very young but his professional experience has added value.

We have others who can grow into the professional game similarly.

I don't think the criticism of Ness was harsh. He was torn to pieces at right back and also decided to try and become Madjid bougherra with an ill advised dribble out of defence. I am not writing him off by any means and hope to see a lot more of him at CB, but it is completely fair to say he wasn't good yesterday even if you can also lay the blame at Garner for throwing him to the wolves out of position.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Leuth said:
    Chunes said:
    Well, only 3 players who started against Derby made the teamsheet, so fair to say the others are currently the second string? Not sure who else you would call the second string in that case because it only leaves the youth team!
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

Not counting Ness (harshly criticised anyway) but Leaburn, Morgan, Henry and Clayden all played a part last night.

What they will lack is experience of grown men playing professional football, but are already very experienced in football as a sport if that makes sense.

Albie Morgan was an eye catching player coming through and playing with and against his peers, he is still very young but his professional experience has added value.

I don't think the criticism of Ness was harsh. He was torn to pieces at right back and also decided to try and become Madjid bougherra with an ill advised dribble out of defence. I am not writing him off by any means and hope to see a lot more of him at CB, but it is completely fair to say he wasn't good yesterday even if you can also lay the blame at Garner for throwing him to the wolves out of position.

With Egbo injured I think seeing if Ness is ready/able to provide cover at RB is actually fairly reasonable by the manager.

Sadly it seems the answer is "probably not" but at least we know and if necessary can potentially act in the window.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

With Egbo injured I think seeing if Ness is ready/able to provide cover at RB is actually fairly reasonable by the manager.

Sadly it seems the answer is "probably not" but at least we know and if necessary can potentially act in the window.
    I thought it was a mistake at the time. Chin was on the bench but then Ness chosen above him? Weird one for me 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

Thought Sessegnon was a right back so he could cover that position if necessary and bring Clayden in on the left?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

Thought Sessegnon was a right back so he could cover that position if necessary and bring Clayden in on the left?
    Would agree but Clare has been outstanding recently. In Clare's absence would expect Sess to go over.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

In the pragmatic sense yes absolutely, I'm saying this is more about seeing if Ness is possibly able to pick up some game time as a RB for his own development or is he better off staying solely as a CB for now.

This is why I'm presuming he was picked over Chin, it wasn't because Garner was looking at him in terms of the team but seeing what he, personally, could do and his strengths etc.

With Elewere on loan then Ness is pretty much the go-to youth CB now so I doubt his future is in doubt, just that he probably won't be experimentally played out wide again.
  • Options
    Ffs, this bloody long awaited loan of JRS, who many think is the second coming and the savior to our season, is getting like pulling teeth, waiting for his contract to be signed or whatever, then he is "expected to sign" yesterday, and still we wait for this Palace kid to deem us worthy to show his face at SL..talk about hype..🤷‍♂️