Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:
    Henry and JRS would know about each other due to development football.

Not counting Ness (harshly criticised anyway) but Leaburn, Morgan, Henry and Clayden all played a part last night.
    Steve Avory was there and must’ve been pleased.

I predict there are other decent players who will emerge pretty soon.

What they will lack is experience of grown men playing professional football, but are already very experienced in football as a sport if that makes sense.

Albie Morgan was an eye catching player coming through and playing with and against his peers, he is still very young but his professional experience has added value.

We have others who can grow into the professional game similarly.

I don't think the criticism of Ness was harsh. He was torn to pieces at right back and also decided to try and become Madjid bougherra with an ill advised dribble out of defence. I am not writing him off by any means and hope to see a lot more of him at CB, but it is completely fair to say he wasn't good yesterday even if you can also lay the blame at Garner for throwing him to the wolves out of position.

Ness is a young centre back asked to adapt to RB, yet to play a League game; a late sub against Championship opposition - including directly facing a fast and tricky opponent with Premiership experience and 19 full international caps.

Yeah, last night was a learning curve for him. But cut the lad some slack, please.

Jesus man, how am I not cutting him some slack? He wasn't good yesterday, am I not allowed to say that whilst still acknowledging the circumstances behind that and stating I hope to see more of him at CB? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Is JRS any good? Genuinely don’t know a thing about him. 

"He scored 18 goals and contributed six assists in 25 PL2 appearances this season, winning February’s PL2 Player of the Month award.

His goalscoring prowess – including a hat-trick against Derby County in the final game of the season – saw him finish as the league’s top scorer at Under-23s level.

Rak-Sakyi has been a regular in first-team training and made his Premier League debut at Stamford Bridge in August 2021."

I see the one key risk with him being physical strength. He is very slight.  Feel it would be a very exciting signing though
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

"He scored 18 goals and contributed six assists in 25 PL2 appearances this season, winning February’s PL2 Player of the Month award.

His goalscoring prowess – including a hat-trick against Derby County in the final game of the season – saw him finish as the league’s top scorer at Under-23s level.

Rak-Sakyi has been a regular in first-team training and made his Premier League debut at Stamford Bridge in August 2021."

Ellis Simms must have been the last PL2 league top scorer to go out on loan to league one, and he did pretty well. Even more impressive that JRS has done it from the wing.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I see the one key risk with him being physical strength. He is very slight.  Feel it would be a very exciting signing though
    I make you right Athletico, so probably target a second half sub.
     He's  a right winger I believe?
    Great choice of subs then J R-S or Miles!
    Only seen his  video, from his quick feet & balance might he play on Left also.

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Just sign a striker you fucking cretin,
    The striker obsession with Garner era is getting as bad as the MAKE A SUB stuff in the Powell era
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Why? We’re doing ok!
    so ok in fact Stockley hasn’t even had to chip in with any goals yet 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why? We’re doing ok!
    And when he does, it'll be like we're playing a computer game, and we type something in a box to make the game easier 
    The code could be: NAVYSTARR 

wait a minute… that means Stockley will be a FUCKING CHEAT CODE IN THIS DIVISION!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why? We’re doing ok!
    And when he does, it'll be like we're playing a computer game, and we type something in a box to make the game easier 
    You mean we are getting Sinclair Spectrum on loan from QPR?

Load"" 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why? We’re doing ok!

Load"" 
    If you could turn this thread into a sound, it'd be the noise a Spectrum made when loading.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Why? We’re doing ok!
    We don’t need a striker who going to be happy to be back up to Stockley .. what we need is goalscoring wide forwards 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    PopIcon said:
    The striker obsession with Garner era is getting as bad as the MAKE A SUB stuff in the Powell era
    It's not an obsession, it's factual that we are short in that area.

• Options
    Is there any update on Aneke's injury. Last I heard he was due to have a scan.
  • Options
    Is it still the afternoon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is there any update on Aneke's injury. Last I heard he was due to have a scan.
    He's been on the grass but not considered available.

Wasn't the injury a calf strain or something like that?
    Usually a standard 3 weeks to heal the injury and a week to make up fitness.

• Options
    I think they mean he is being put out to grass. 
    Is that what happened to you? :smile:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Danlazzz said:
    PopIcon said:
    Based on this post, I don’t think Ben Garneìr is the ‘fucking cretin’.
    If he thinks A&eke will be available this side of October and then is continually available then he could be 
    If you're going to make that joke do it right..   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Danlazzz said:
    PopIcon said:
    If he thinks A&eke will be available this side of October and then is continually available then he could be 
    If your going to make that joke do it right..   
    you’re 👍🏻
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    PopIcon said:
    Why? We’re doing ok!

Load"" 
    If you could turn this thread into a sound, it'd be the noise a Spectrum made when loading.
    For anyone under 40 

https://youtu.be/V0EfycbDhiw

What a game that was as well.
    There's my avant-noise fix sorted for the day 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Danlazzz said:
    PopIcon said:
    If your going to make that joke do it right..   
    you’re 👍🏻
    👎

Are you a traffic warden?
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    PopIcon said:
    It's not a "striker obsession". It is just recognising that Aneke literally can't start a game without getting visibly upset and Miles Leaburn is 18 years old. We need another striker.

FYI this is not an endorsement of the cretinous remark from PopIcon. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Danlazzz said:
    PopIcon said:
    A&EKE as in A and EKE.  What is wrong with that ?
    This thread continues to confound, amaze and above all delight 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Danlazzz said:
    PopIcon said:
    A&EKE as in A and EKE.  What is wrong with that ?
    It was a lowercase’e’ for the ‘emergency’ bit.
    Just doesn’t work…