Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Blimey, talk about fun police 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Just sign a striker you fucking cretin,

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    Guessing the 100% signing today might be tomorrow? 
    Free beer tomorrow 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Signed today, announced next week after Cawley’s holiday. Also couldn’t take attention away from the Jason Pearce feature length film.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    When it's.....oh, I give up
  • Options
    Is there any update on Aneke's injury. Last I heard he was due to have a scan.
    Back in the squad this weekend 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    When it's.....oh, I give up
    WCIBFH (when Cawley is back from holiday)
  • Options
    RonnieMoore in being wrong again shock 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fleetwood bid for Stockton according to not always reliable Nixon
  • Options
    RonnieMoore in being wrong again shock 
    Ben Garner said himself he training and he was hoping he would be available for Saturday but it’s not urgent to rush him back .. 
  • Options

I’ve seen elsewhere that Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Ipswich are in for him. So probably only one winner there
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Leuth said:
    PopIcon said:
    Just sign a striker you fucking cretin,
    Why? We’re doing ok!
    so ok in fact Stockley hasn’t even had to chip in with any goals yet 😉
    And when he does, it'll be like we're playing a computer game, and we type something in a box to make the game easier 
    You mean we are getting Sinclair Spectrum on loan from QPR?

Load"" 
    If you could turn this thread into a sound, it'd be the noise a Spectrum made when loading.
    For anyone under 40 

https://youtu.be/V0EfycbDhiw

What a game that was as well.
    There's my avant-noise fix sorted for the day 
    Fitted into 16k too!
  • Options
    The 3 months is down to 3 weeks as of tomorrow. 

• Options
    NabySarr said:

I’ve seen elsewhere that Shrewsbury, Fleetwood and Ipswich are in for him. So probably only one winner there
    I don't think Ipswich are.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:
    Henry and JRS would know about each other due to development football.

Not counting Ness (harshly criticised anyway) but Leaburn, Morgan, Henry and Clayden all played a part last night.
    Steve Avory was there and must’ve been pleased.

I predict there are other decent players who will emerge pretty soon.

What they will lack is experience of grown men playing professional football, but are already very experienced in football as a sport if that makes sense.

Albie Morgan was an eye catching player coming through and playing with and against his peers, he is still very young but his professional experience has added value.

We have others who can grow into the professional game similarly.

I don't think the criticism of Ness was harsh. He was torn to pieces at right back and also decided to try and become Madjid bougherra with an ill advised dribble out of defence. I am not writing him off by any means and hope to see a lot more of him at CB, but it is completely fair to say he wasn't good yesterday even if you can also lay the blame at Garner for throwing him to the wolves out of position.

With Egbo injured I think seeing if Ness is ready/able to provide cover at RB is actually fairly reasonable by the manager.

Sadly it seems the answer is "probably not" but at least we know and if necessary can potentially act in the window.
    Thought Sessegnon was a right back so he could cover that position if necessary and bring Clayden in on the left?
    I was thinking that. Not ideal, but in an emergency, Clayden at LB probably would be a better option than Ness at RB, seeing that he's older and made a decent impression in that position yesterday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

Not counting Ness (harshly criticised anyway) but Leaburn, Morgan, Henry and Clayden all played a part last night.

What they will lack is experience of grown men playing professional football, but are already very experienced in football as a sport if that makes sense.

Albie Morgan was an eye catching player coming through and playing with and against his peers, he is still very young but his professional experience has added value.

I don't think the criticism of Ness was harsh. He was torn to pieces at right back and also decided to try and become Madjid bougherra with an ill advised dribble out of defence. I am not writing him off by any means and hope to see a lot more of him at CB, but it is completely fair to say he wasn't good yesterday even if you can also lay the blame at Garner for throwing him to the wolves out of position.

With Egbo injured I think seeing if Ness is ready/able to provide cover at RB is actually fairly reasonable by the manager.

Sadly it seems the answer is "probably not" but at least we know and if necessary can potentially act in the window.
    Thought Sessegnon was a right back so he could cover that position if necessary and bring Clayden in on the left?
    I was thinking that. Not ideal, but in an emergency, Clayden at LB probably would be a better option than Ness at RB, seeing that he's older and made a decent impression in that position yesterday
    That has to be the plan. I always thought we'd have one RB, one LB plus Sessegnon to cover both, like what City did last season and are likely to do this season. We've got enough in quantity now, although Clayden being the back up LB will no doubt divide opinion. 
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

That has to be the plan. I always thought we'd have one RB, one LB plus Sessegnon to cover both, like what City did last season and are likely to do this season. We've got enough in quantity now, although Clayden being the back up LB will no doubt divide opinion. 
    Clare will be first choice right back.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

With the way he's started the season I would have to agree 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    iaitch said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jac_52 said:
    seth plum said:

Yeah maybe. Although I still think the initial thinking would have been Egbo, Sessegnon and a new LB/Clayden with Clare as a utility man. Clare's performances at RB could mean Garner is happy with the three seniors, after all we did see Egbo at LB for a friendly or two. 
  • Options
    Get the Palace boy and a CB in pronto ideally, move one or two on (McG, Gilbert, JFC as possibles).  Wait towards end of window and see if there are a couple of decent players come up as loan or sale players at bargains as clubs need to move on for one reason or another - likes of Stockton may fall into that category.
  • Options
    If anything we seem slightly over stocked with RBs when compared to our LB options
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    If anything we seem slightly over stocked with RBs when compared to our LB options
    In hindsight, signing an out and out LB over Sessegnon would have made more sense. Depends on whether Garner thinks Egbo can do a job at LB, if he does we'll probably stick with the 3 we've got and have Clayden as 4th choice. If not, he's got a decision to make, would he be content if Sessegnon gets injured and we have to use Clayden for 10-15 games. 

The left-footed defender able to play LCB or LB makes sense on paper, but I don't really think that sort of player exists. You might get a LB capable of playing CB in a 3, or a CB capable of being a defensive LB, but how do you get a O'Connell and Sessegnon as one player?
  • Options
    In hindsight, signing an out and out LB over Sessegnon would have made more sense. Depends on whether Garner thinks Egbo can do a job at LB, if he does we'll probably stick with the 3 we've got and have Clayden as 4th choice. If not, he's got a decision to make, would he be content if Sessegnon gets injured and we have to use Clayden for 10-15 games. 

The left-footed defender able to play LCB or LB makes sense on paper, but I don't really think that sort of player exists. You might get a LB capable of playing CB in a 3, or a CB capable of being a defensive LB, but how do you get a O'Connell and Sessegnon as one player?
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Egbo play at LB. We've already seen that Garner is quite happy having a LB who cuts in and contributes to the midfield shape. We all thought Egbo was there out of necessity in pre-season but it could well be that he was put there because we like a right footed LB cutting in