Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Charlton often need other things to happen for transfers to take place.
    There have been (low) bids for both JFK & Gilbey from the same club.
    if clubs we are looking to buy from, hold out for fees, then it makes sense that we hold out as well to balance the budget……. Bids happen and are rejected or put on hold…… it sometimes needs one to be accepted for the dominos to fall.
    MK Dons or Pompey?
  • edited August 2022
    no way, we getting fees for those two, we will prob end up paying part of their wages too.

ok, maybe undisclosed for Gilbey, 50k tops

• Oggy Red said:
    PopIcon said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Vfrf said:
    Not necessarily in the context of this striker debate, but I do think Leaburn seems to be more effective from the right at the moment. RJS/Leaburn and Kirk/CBT should be the pairings. DJ is a versatile player and injuries happen so happy to keep him, but @Cafc43v3r I'm assuming that mendonca meant we'd move DJ on to free up SOME wages, but we'd obviously need to spend more than that to bring in a striker. At least that's how I read it.

Miles is faster than his dad, so that wide attacking role seems to suit him. Playing in the centre is tougher than in the wide positions, I think the same applies in defence.
    He really will be some player. Big, strong, reasonably quick and has very good ability on the ball and he'll only get better.

I hate to say this but we should really enjoy him whilst we can. He's averaging a goal every 42 minutes so far in the league, which is insane.
    When i saw Miles' goal last night, the first thing i thought was Carl wouldn't have scored that. I'd go as far to say, Carlo would have ended up on his arse trying.
    Proper Mendonca goal. Calm, composed and knew exactly where to place it.

Not wanting to put undue pressure on the young man, but the player he reminds me of the most at the same age is Ivan Toney. He has a good base of strength and speed already that can only grow over the next few years of physical development, and seemingly really good technique too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    The Wilks rumour feels a lot like the “we tried but couldn’t get it over the line” we heard in the early Roland years. Never felt genuine, appeared to be the club wanting to look like they were in for some exciting players.

The way things are off the pitch I wouldn’t be surprised if it was leaked by the club to look like money isn’t an issue. Making staff redundant and Garner talking about the budget doesn’t fit with a big L1 name like Wilks coming in.
    How can that work when no one form the club has mentioned we are after Wilkes. 
    Do you know who the source of the person who shared the Wilks rumour was then?
    More to the point…..do you?
  • edited August 2022
    I know Leaburn made a needless foul that was commented on but I like to see that in a young player. I thought Burstow wasn't ready because he almost marked the defenders whereas Leaburn makes a nuisance of himself. Some of the experienced pros at this level are not going to be nice to him and it is important he gets in there first on them.

It is perfect though to be able to bring him on when there is not great pressure. He needs a bit more of that for a while IMO.
  • Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:
    The Wilks rumour feels a lot like the “we tried but couldn’t get it over the line” we heard in the early Roland years. Never felt genuine, appeared to be the club wanting to look like they were in for some exciting players.

The way things are off the pitch I wouldn’t be surprised if it was leaked by the club to look like money isn’t an issue. Making staff redundant and Garner talking about the budget doesn’t fit with a big L1 name like Wilks coming in.
    No, which is why I speculated it may have been leaked by the club to try to show money isn’t an issue.
  • Can we be bitter children please, and send him to train with the U18s if he joins

He wanted to go to school @ Forest after all
  • Taylor would fit the style of play perhaps but I don't think his personality or approach is really what Garner is looking for. Even in the good days he was prone to being the "star player", the main man. 

Garner's preference for shifting roles and tactics between or even during games wouldn't be very conducive to that. Stockley and his goal record will remain a matter of debate but you can't question that even when not scoring he is at least trying to serve the team. 

Taylor... Would not.
  • Sponsored links:

• The biggest reason which negates the need to find other reasons why he won't come here was that he refused to play for us when we went down from the Championship by one point. I doubt he would have the cheek to even contemplate such a move and many fans would not be able to forgive him for what he did.
  • Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Scoham said:

Well, it was you who suggested this could be a scam of sorts set up by the club, without any knowledge as to might have done so.
    Whereas I am sure that from time to time we put out conflicting information so as to protect our position in the transfer market, I think your suggestion is taking it a bit far.
  • Beyond mental even the thought of it !!! more than likely for both parties.... from our side the bloke downed tools and imo that sent us down. No coming back from that !
  • I would never boo one of our own but if LT came back I’d think about it
  • Would be hilarious though, TS giving us a league-winning side playing the best football we've ever seen from Charlton while pissing off literally all our fans in increasingly absurd ways 
  • Davison scored twice for Wimbledon last night and Lapslie got one too for Mansfield.

Just saying

• edited August 2022

Coming from more than one source. How ITK is Cawley these days? Enough to know who we are negotiating with? 

Edit* ignore as only has 62 followers and a few days ago posted that we were signing Stockton. Cawley is more ITK than this account. 
  • RedRobin said:

Coming from more than one source. How ITK is Cawley these days? Enough to know who we are negotiating with? 

Edit* ignore as only has 62 followers and a few days ago posted that we were signing Stockton. Cawley is more ITK than this account. 
    Looks like a charlton fan having a laugh, only ever post about Charlton and Man Utd.. Why would you even start beleive it..