Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

He basically went on strike & did not see out his contract (not even counting that 99% of players in the EFL played past their usual contract date). He was probably the single most reason why we got relegated that season & if not for him we could be still in the Championship or perhaps even in the Premier League. To have stayed up we needed just 1 more point & most games in the "closed doors" season we needed a single goal to turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. ! goal. And i'm sure Taylor seeing out the season he would have scored that goal. 
    I think we all know that there is zero chance of this happening. 

That being said, if he did rejoin, I doubt that anyone would actually tear up their season ticket. He did the dirty on us, but he would massively improve the team, and would give us an enormous boost on the way to promotion. 

Getting out of League One has to be the priority, whatever it takes. 
  • Lyle Taylor strikes me as the sort of player that will just rot in the U23s at Forest and happily take home his wedge until his contract expires
    Exactly this.
    And if he did leave he would go to whoever paid the most wages.
    Either way that rules us out.
  • Rothko said:
    He's a cunt and I don't want him near the club
    And that is from the balanced Rothko!
  • edited August 2022

If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

He basically went on strike & did not see out his contract (not even counting that 99% of players in the EFL played past their usual contract date). He was probably the single most reason why we got relegated that season & if not for him we could be still in the Championship or perhaps even in the Premier League. To have stayed up we needed just 1 more point & most games in the "closed doors" season we needed a single goal to turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. ! goal. And i'm sure Taylor seeing out the season he would have scored that goal. 

That being said, if he did rejoin, I doubt that anyone would actually tear up their season ticket. He did the dirty on us, but he would massively improve the team, and would give us an enormous boost on the way to promotion. 

Really?  So being taken over by Putin’s right-hand oligarch or a Colombia drug cartel would be OK if it guaranteed us promotion?  If not, where do you draw the line?
  • It’s absolute fantasy imo. 

There’s only one scenario where he joins and that’s if he feels there’s unfinished business, he’s had a change of heart and feels he owes us for how sour it went. Do I think Lyle is that kind of character? Absolutely not. I think it’s far more likely he ends up at a Championship side pushing for promotion or maybe even goes abroad. 

That said he would drastically improve us and I am very much in the party of if he said he was sorry and helped us get promoted I couldn’t care what he did. 

He’s human and he made a mistake
    He'll turn it around that he was the victim in all this.
  • Laddick01 said:

If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

Really?  So being taken over by Putin’s right-hand oligarch or a Colombia drug cartels would be OK if it guaranteed us promotion?  If not, where do you draw the line?

I’m not the one who said “whatever it takes”. 
  • Laddick01 said:

Really?  So being taken over by Putin’s right-hand oligarch or a Colombia drug cartels would be OK if it guaranteed us promotion?  If not, where do you draw the line?

I’m not the one who said “whatever it takes”. 
    Whilst I don’t agree with him I don’t think he quite meant that haha. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We know the talent he has at THIS level, but would never be accepted by our fan base and would have to be as psychologically impaired as morally bereft he is to entertain ever stepping foot back on our turf in red and white (ours). A total non-starter. 
  • edited August 2022
    If Stockton was available for 100k or less, would that make the idea of him coming in to compete/back-up Stockley more palatable for some?
  • If Stockton was available for 100k or less, would that make the idea of him coming in to compete/back-up Stockley more palatable for some?
    yep, feels the right price, not at some of the silly figures being banded around earlier in the summer. 

• If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

Really?  So being taken over by Putin’s right-hand oligarch or a Colombia drug cartel would be OK if it guaranteed us promotion?  If not, where do you draw the line?
    Depends on the ST incentives this cartel are offering.   
    I've heard one side of the season ticket is unusually sharp edged 
  • Don't want to clog up this thread but can someone start a new thread on our new Columbian owners, please.
    The richest man in Columbia is Luis Carlos Sarmiento. We once had Jeremy Sarmiento at the club. It’s happening. Only ugly people will say it’s not!
  • It's not.....oh no where have my good looks gone.
  • edited August 2022

I don't think Talk Forest TV can see the wood for the trees.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't want to clog up this thread but can someone start a new thread on our new Columbian owners, please.

Just for the Craic/Crack
  • We are a weird bunch. People moaning TS isn't spending enough to get us out of this league and he never will, we belong in the Championship etc etc and then one fantasist rumour about Lyle Taylor rejoining who might actually get us there and we are ripping up season tickets, would rather play with 10 men and would rather stay in L1.
  • Lyle Taylor can do one. Besides, it ain’t gonna happen so everyone chill ya 🫘 
  • edited August 2022
    Don't want to clog up this thread but can someone start a new thread on our new Columbian owners, please.
    I take it the soap dispensers in the North Upper will be dispensing substances other than soap?
  • Kap10 said:
     I genuinely  hope not after he didn't  bother to turn up for the last 8 games.

A case of Sod off  means sod off as far as he is concerned. 
    I'm not normally vindictive but I'd love us to negotiate a transfer with him up until the last day of the transfer window then fail him on his medical for a lack of integrity :-:smile:  
    Haven't got a problem as long as instead of his name on the back of his shirt he has C N U T.
  • If Taylor came back I would buy a season ticket just so I could set fire to it and throw it on the pitch. 
  • FWIW my personal thoughts based on nothing but supposition and guesswork is that we are in fact looking at a striker and quite possibly more than one but nowhere near closing a deal. 

I'd be very surprised indeed if someone as switched on as Gardner seems to be would REALLY be happy with his only options being Stockley and (sometimes) Aneke but given the emphasis on getting the right players for the system etc - and if I'm right, it being some way off completion - there's no reason to put it out there until we're more confident of if/when it will go through, if at all.

Possibly this is where trying to move on one of the midfielders comes in, not so much to free up space in the squad but in the budget. JFC and Gilbey are both established players and will probably be among the higher earners so if we do get those off the books we can increase a hypothetical offer to a striker.

I think the most likely target is Simpson based on his having worked with Gardner before, being young enough that Sandgaard gets possible resale value and we can be fairly sure is looking for a move if one can be arranged - but this is purely supposition.
  • I would imagine (if it were true which I don't think it is) it would be a loan deal rather than actually buying him - no way that mercenary would take a pay cut for starters...

If there's any substance to it though perhaps we should take a leaf out of the Athletico Madrid fans when they were linked with Ronaldo - 

“In light of the possibility of signing Cristiano Ronaldo Lyle Taylor, if it is more than a simple rumour without any basis, we express our absolute rejection of his hypothetical joining of our club.” 

“The aforementioned player represents the antithesis of the values that constitute the hallmarks of our Athleti Addicks, such as the effort generosity modesty and humility of those who want to defend our values”