Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• iaitch said:
    Kap10 said:
     I genuinely  hope not after he didn't  bother to turn up for the last 8 games.

A case of Sod off  means sod off as far as he is concerned. 
    I'm not normally vindictive but I'd love us to negotiate a transfer with him up until the last day of the transfer window then fail him on his medical for a lack of integrity :-:smile:  
    Haven't got a problem as long as instead of his name on the back of his shirt he has C N U T.
    Can he turn the tide of public opinion?
    Excellent iaitch
  • Clarky said:
    We are a weird bunch. People moaning TS isn't spending enough to get us out of this league and he never will, we belong in the Championship etc etc and then one fantasist rumour about Lyle Taylor rejoining who might actually get us there and we are ripping up season tickets, would rather play with 10 men and would rather stay in L1.
    Maybe some are weird but, not I would argue for the point you make.

Those that are strongly against Taylor coming back is on a principal and has nothing what so ever to do with TS spending cash or not.  

• You not heard that one Soapy, please keep up.
  • edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
     we are signing Messi.   
    Source?
  • Welcome Lionel. 
  • Luckily Cawley has said that’s not happening so I’m all good again 
  • You mean Hello?
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Welcome Lionel. 

Get that sculpture of his face next to Sam Bartram. 
  • Don't want to clog up this thread but can someone start a new thread on our new Columbian owners, please.
    Explains the amount of bugle going around on away days
  • Uboat said:
    Welcome Lionel. 

Is it him we're looking for?
  • Uboat said:
    Welcome Lionel. 

Perm isn't impressive enough. It's a no from me.
  • CafcSCP said:
    Luckily Cawley has said that’s not happening so I’m all good again 
    You mean we aren't signing Messi? 
  • Unveiling Lionel Ritchie would be peak Sandgaard. 
  • edited August 2022
    Uboat said:
    Welcome Lionel. 

Perm isn't impressive enough. It's a no from me.
    A loan then?

Edit: too slow

• If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

He basically went on strike & did not see out his contract (not even counting that 99% of players in the EFL played past their usual contract date). He was probably the single most reason why we got relegated that season & if not for him we could be still in the Championship or perhaps even in the Premier League. To have stayed up we needed just 1 more point & most games in the "closed doors" season we needed a single goal to turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. ! goal. And i'm sure Taylor seeing out the season he would have scored that goal. 
    I think we all know that there is zero chance of this happening. 

That being said, if he did rejoin, I doubt that anyone would actually tear up their season ticket. He did the dirty on us, but he would massively improve the team, and would give us an enormous boost on the way to promotion. 

Getting out of League One has to be the priority, whatever it takes. 
    Really?  So being taken over by Putin’s right-hand oligarch or a Colombia drug cartel would be OK if it guaranteed us promotion?  If not, where do you draw the line?
    Right, because signing a former player is comparable to being taken over by a drug cartel? Are you okay? 
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s absolute fantasy imo. 

There’s only one scenario where he joins and that’s if he feels there’s unfinished business, he’s had a change of heart and feels he owes us for how sour it went. Do I think Lyle is that kind of character? Absolutely not. I think it’s far more likely he ends up at a Championship side pushing for promotion or maybe even goes abroad. 

That said he would drastically improve us and I am very much in the party of if he said he was sorry and helped us get promoted I couldn’t care what he did. 

He’s human and he made a mistake
    Whilst watching the game last night at The Valley, I remarked that if you swapped Stockley (yes he was excellent last night), for Lyle Taylor, we may have an automatic promotion set up.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Luckily Cawley has said that’s not happening so I’m all good again 
    You mean we aren't signing Messi? 

Just a loan deal 
  • Ok so he made a mistake, we sign him back up, have a rollercoaster season hinging on the last few games, he gets an offer from elsewhere and does the same again.

Not for me ta

• Ok so he made a mistake, we sign him back up, have a rollercoaster season hinging on the last few games, he gets an offer from elsewhere and does the same again.

Not for me ta

That’s really not how it works
  • Rothko said:
    He's a cunt and I don't want him near the club
    He will fit in perfectly with a large percentage of Charlton Life members then.

Not for me ta

That’s really not how it works
    That’s how it worked when we dropped out of the Championship when he refused to play his last games…….
  • After the Mason Burstow situation, let's not go overboard on Miles Leaburn despite his good start. We have been here so many times before, let him learn the game as he will have a full complement of defenders next time he plays. Decent start but young players need to learn so much including when we are out of possession. Same applies to Rak Sakyi who has to learn when to pass and when to shoot despite his fine debut last night. 
    Leaburn already looks better than Burstow. If Burstow hadn’t scored those goals you would say there wasn’t much there to get excited about. Not dismissing the goals just that he had very little to his all round play. Leaburn is already offering more than just goals. 
    I’d like to have seen Burstow in this set up, rather than one in which the football was appalling and too much was expected of him.  Coming back on loan was a mistake for him too .