Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    Solidgone said:
    Am i the only one that actually feels sorry for Chuks and this latest injury setback? Some people on here mock him as though he does this purposely. I know I’d be down in the dumps if this kept happening to me and then social media mocking me I don’t think I’ll be in a good place mentally.
    I certainly don’t. The guy clearly spends a hell a lot of his free time in the gym, it makes no sense how he is as fragile as he is when playing football but can pick up heavy weights regularly. 
    What makes you think he’s working with heavy weights?
  • I can't remember @Covered_End_Lad sauce?
  • J BLOCK said:
    Solidgone said:
    Am i the only one that actually feels sorry for Chuks and this latest injury setback? Some people on here mock him as though he does this purposely. I know I’d be down in the dumps if this kept happening to me and then social media mocking me I don’t think I’ll be in a good place mentally.
    I certainly don’t. The guy clearly spends a hell a lot of his free time in the gym, it makes no sense how he is as fragile as he is when playing football but can pick up heavy weights regularly. 
    More like a long wait.

• edited August 2022
    mendonca said:
    I can't remember @Covered_End_Lad sauce?
    HP, it's a good one.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Solidgone said:
    Clueless
  • Redhenry said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Solidgone said:
    See I felt sorry for him but last season I heard he wasn't too phased about being injured and was happy to watch on from the sidelines. Hopefully once he's fit BG can manage him as he did Williams last season as he's dangerous off the bench. 
    He is never on the bench theses days and is only dangerous to himself.  

I thought u were being picked on a little bit...Then you post without thinking too often. Give it a rest
     I gave that post all the thought it required. This guy has been on life support playing fitness wise since he got back from Birmingham.  
    Bowyer had him 5 months and sent him back telling TS he was now fitter.  For that £300k was sent the other way. 
    Portsmouth sent a similar amount to Stanley and got  Bishop.  5 goals in 5 games and he hasn't missed one yet.. if you or anyone lse thinks we will get that out of A&Eeke this season...

Tell me Redhenry why either that thought or the one that says he is a danger to himself every time he starts training are wrong and why you see fit to to make a sarcastic 'pick upon comment', which, if made by someone  else , you may well have agreed with.

It is either that or Charlton's training regime cripples players and they experience a Lazarus moment at places like Brum.

By the way stick your patronising where the sun doesn't shine, only your wit.
    It's not Chuks fault we spent 300k on him and gave him a three year deal, he may have had the clubs pants down but that's on us, not him. As for a danger to himself, wtf are on about? He's a professional footballer who has played 67 times for us in three seasons, not some bomb disposal trainee. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannot wait for Chuks to bang some goals in when he is back just to shut 1956 up for a while.
    And he will score -he got 4 in 9 for us last season.
  • I do feel sorry for chucks -  I also feel sorry for us fans though - i'm lookingh forward to the day we get Chucks, Stockley, Leaburn and Innis on the pitch at the same time - getting a corner or set piece will be like getting a penalty - and thats without bringing Lavelle and O'Connell into the equation   
  • edited August 2022
    felix_31 said:
    Cannot wait for Chuks to bang some goals in when he is back just to shut 1956 up for a while.
    Didn’t realise he scored so many for us last season. 

People mock but he’s got just under 1 in 2 for us across 2020-2022 - and that’s mostly from substitute appearances. If he gets more than 10 this season it could be invaluable to us 
  • ....as long as we don't have Elliot Lee on free kick/corner duties  :/
  • mendonca said:
    ....as long as we don't have Elliot Lee on free kick/corner duties  :/
    Beat me to it.
  • Sollied said:
    felix_31 said:
    Cannot wait for Chuks to bang some goals in when he is back just to shut 1956 up for a while.
    Didn’t realise he scored so many for us last season. 

People mock but he’s got just under 1 in 2 for us across 2020-2022 - and that’s mostly from sybarite appearances. If he gets more than 10 this season it could be invaluable to us 
    I'm all for raising the tone but does this apply to Chuks?
  • Who's been taking corners this season? I think its been Morgan - i'd like to see Kirk given a go - he's been putting some good crosses in and actually tries to pick somebody out 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Who's been taking corners this season? I think its been Morgan - i'd like to see Kirk given a go - he's been putting some good crosses in and actually tries to pick somebody out 
    They've been shared around, as we seem to prefer in swingers. Thus Morgan on one side, and Fraser/Payne on the other. 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Who's been taking corners this season? I think its been Morgan - i'd like to see Kirk given a go - he's been putting some good crosses in and actually tries to pick somebody out 
    Seen Fraser take a few, but they've never cleared the first man.
  • Sponsored links:

• When he's on the pitch, Chucks is a real asset in league 1, but you just know you're only going to get 10-15 twenty minute spells out of him a season 
    He’s never had as few as that. He played 20 games in our first season when it felt like he was out every week. He managed 38 in his last full season with us. As frustrating as his situation is, be great if we can have him available for 30 odd games. 
    Not starts though
  • Kirk does aim for a specific player/area, rather than try to whip it hard as possible. 

Fraser has taken some inswingers. At the least at least we have left and right footed takers now.
  • I don't think Kirk has the power to take effective corners. He is Floaty Boy. From 45 yards away he won't be able to get the pace and dip that Morgan or theoretically Fraser can. This was a problem with Lee's corners too
  • Leuth said:
    I don't think Kirk has the power to take effective corners. He is Floaty Boy. From 45 yards away he won't be able to get the pace and dip that Morgan or theoretically Fraser can. This was a problem with Lee's corners too
    Floaty boy 🤣
    I like it.
  • Payne and Morgan are the chief corner takers I guess.

Is a side with both of them in too attacking?

Wollacott
    Clare Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
    Morgan Dobson Payne
    Rak-Sakyi Stockley CBT

• Oggy Red said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Solidgone said:
    More like a long wait.

I remember in my first job at the age of 15 being sent down to the storeroom to ask for a long weight (wait) and I got one, a long wait that is.😹
    Tartan paint…
  • Leuth said:
    I don't think Kirk has the power to take effective corners. He is Floaty Boy. From 45 yards away he won't be able to get the pace and dip that Morgan or theoretically Fraser can. This was a problem with Lee's corners too
    Floaty boy 🤣
    I like it.
    It describes his movement, his playing-style, his hair and his personality all in one. Floating around the pitch, evading the notice of defenders, magicking the ball into good areas/the net. Floaty Boy. Long may he drift 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Morgan and Fraser depending what side