Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Luckily Cawley has said that’s not happening so I’m all good again 
    You mean we aren't signing Messi? 
    No….we are signing Messy……from Southend.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Luckily Cawley has said that’s not happening so I’m all good again 
    You mean we aren't signing Messi? 

Just a loan deal 
    Tbf he's too old and 100% fails the height test..
  • Macronate said:
    If the wage structure is right, I’d take Lionel Richie all night long.
    What a feeling it’d be to sign someone of his pedigree. 
  • Lurker said:
    This is like Les Dennis telling his mates that he’d never take Amanda Holden back. 
    If Amanda Holden had cheated on him & was only coming back because he new bloke didnt want her then I'd say he'd be smart not to take her back as she'd only do it again.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

He basically went on strike & did not see out his contract (not even counting that 99% of players in the EFL played past their usual contract date). He was probably the single most reason why we got relegated that season & if not for him we could be still in the Championship or perhaps even in the Premier League. To have stayed up we needed just 1 more point & most games in the "closed doors" season we needed a single goal to turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. ! goal. And i'm sure Taylor seeing out the season he would have scored that goal. 
    I think we all know that there is zero chance of this happening. 

That being said, if he did rejoin, I doubt that anyone would actually tear up their season ticket. He did the dirty on us, but he would massively improve the team, and would give us an enormous boost on the way to promotion. 

Getting out of League One has to be the priority, whatever it takes. 
    Really?  So being taken over by Putin’s right-hand oligarch or a Colombia drug cartel would be OK if it guaranteed us promotion?  If not, where do you draw the line?
    Right, because signing a former player is comparable to being taken over by a drug cartel? Are you okay? 
    So not “Whatever it takes”?
  • SO CHUKS IS NOW A LONGER TERM INJURY(as we know he would be…unfortunately he can’t last more that 2 lots of 90mins) 

SURELY NOW WE HAVE TO GET A STRIKER IN ?
  • SO CHUKS IS NOW A LONGER TERM INJURY(as we know he would be…unfortunately he can’t last more that 2 lots of 90mins) 

There was no indication of time the quote said he just felt uncomfortable and had another scan to see what was going on .. he was suppose to be involved Saturday but now he won’t be but beyond that there been no news …..

There was no indication of time the quote said he just felt uncomfortable and had another scan to see what was going on .. he was suppose to be involved Saturday but now he won’t be but beyond that there been no news …..
    If he’s going for a scan, we know with chuks it will be way longer than most.
  • I think Chuks probably injured himself further on the way to the first scan.

My point is he is injury prone so you can rely on him as a named striker - Garner can’t be happy with just Stockley and Leaburn as only first team strikers - seems the owners have spent up and Garner will just have to deal with it ! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
     we are signing Messi.   
    Source?
    Sauce?
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:
    Am i the only one that actually feels sorry for Chuks and this latest injury setback? Some people on here mock him as though he does this purposely. I know I’d be down in the dumps if this kept happening to me and then social media mocking me I don’t think I’ll be in a good place mentally.
    I certainly don’t. The guy clearly spends a hell a lot of his free time in the gym, it makes no sense how he is as fragile as he is when playing football but can pick up heavy weights regularly. 
  • When he's on the pitch, Chucks is a real asset in league 1, but you just know you're only going to get 10-15 twenty minute spells out of him a season 
  • Solidgone said:
    Am i the only one that actually feels sorry for Chuks and this latest injury setback? Some people on here mock him as though he does this purposely. I know I’d be down in the dumps if this kept happening to me and then social media mocking me I don’t think I’ll be in a good place mentally.
    I think we all feel sorry for Chuks and rue that he’s not available because he’s a real threat at the level we find ourselves, but first and foremost I’m a Charlton fan and want what’s overall best for the club. We have limits on squad and spending and I’m really sorry to say that with Chuks past injury history, with as far as I can tell, no signs of that improving, I’m  sorry to say that he is not what we need. It’s a total lose lose situation but the contract he has is now looking like an albatross around the clubs neck. I hope he finally turns it all around but that seems to me no better than 50/50
  • Came on to catch up on all unread posts by going to the last page. Did I find a juicy rumour about our latest signing, no, just puns about Lionel Richie and a will they won’t they about Amanda Holden and Les Dennis.
    Note to self, never skip to the last page of unread posts as nothing will make sense.
    I don't recognise those lyrics, I assume they must come from an album track or b side
  • ButtleJR said:
    Solidgone said:
    See I felt sorry for him but last season I heard he wasn't too phased about being injured and was happy to watch on from the sidelines. Hopefully once he's fit BG can manage him as he did Williams last season as he's dangerous off the bench. 
    I think with Chuks it’s probable he’s simply accepted that the injuries are here to stay and there’s little he can do. That’s why he prefers being a sub as it’s going to allow him to play longer. If he had to start 4-5 games in a row it could easily finish him off. Also makes sense that he takes longer to come back as he won’t risk anything. 
  • When he's on the pitch, Chucks is a real asset in league 1, but you just know you're only going to get 10-15 twenty minute spells out of him a season 
    He’s never had as few as that. He played 20 games in our first season when it felt like he was out every week. He managed 38 in his last full season with us. As frustrating as his situation is, be great if we can have him available for 30 odd games. 
  • edited August 2022
    Scoham said:
    here he is….
    Moan about Chuks all you want but don’t you dare slag off Gunter.
    Simon Francis wibble wibble