Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited August 2022
    It’s absolute fantasy imo. 

There’s only one scenario where he joins and that’s if he feels there’s unfinished business, he’s had a change of heart and feels he owes us for how sour it went. Do I think Lyle is that kind of character? Absolutely not. I think it’s far more likely he ends up at a Championship side pushing for promotion or maybe even goes abroad. 

That said he would drastically improve us and I am very much in the party of if he said he was sorry and helped us get promoted I couldn’t care what he did. 

He’s human and he made a mistake
  • edited August 2022
    He's on 'life-changing' money. Can't see him coming back here. But bloody hell, he would be mustard in this system.
  • Who is Hello Jarvalho... Is he a Striker? 
  • Charlton often need other things to happen for transfers to take place.
    There have been (low) bids for both JFC & Gilbey from the same club.
    if clubs we are looking to buy from, hold out for fees, then it makes sense that we hold out as well to balance the budget……. Bids happen and are rejected or put on hold…… it sometimes needs one to be accepted for the dominos to fall….. and sometimes those dominos don’t fall at all. Gallen’s role is key.
    Both JFC & Gilbey were in Luton trying new golf clubs out, read what you want in to that... 
  • Who is Hello Jarvalho... Is he a Striker? 
    CPL After Jarvo Strikes England-India Series This Pitch Invader Is Far  More Endearing Watch  Cricket News
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    People really think someone would tear up their contract to take a pay cut ✂️?

If you do then think who the player in question is.

If you still do, seek help.
    His contract would be paid up? So effectively, it would be a pay rise 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Charlton often need other things to happen for transfers to take place.
    if clubs we are looking to buy from, hold out for fees, then it makes sense that we hold out as well to balance the budget……. Bids happen and are rejected or put on hold…… it sometimes needs one to be accepted for the dominos to fall….. and sometimes those dominos don’t fall at all. Gallen’s role is key.
    Both JFC & Gilbey were in Luton trying new golf clubs out, read what you want in to that... 
    they want lower handicaps?
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    RedRobin said:

Coming from more than one source. How ITK is Cawley these days? Enough to know who we are negotiating with? 

Edit* ignore as only has 62 followers and a few days ago posted that we were signing Stockton. Cawley is more ITK than this account. 
    Looks like a charlton fan having a laugh, only ever post about Charlton and Man Utd.. Why would you even start beleive it.. 
    He is in the Premier League aka the big boys club. Why would he take a pay cut and drop down to L1?
  • Lyle Taylor strikes me as the sort of player that will just rot in the U23s at Forest and happily take home his wedge until his contract expires
    Especially as now he’ll title himself as a ‘premier league striker’
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Charlton often need other things to happen for transfers to take place.
    Can you imagine if they both went to Luton? Promoted to the championship by being injured and bang average!
  • The idea that anyone would consider that Lyle Taylor would rip up his contract, to move to a club where he will be hated by a large portion of the fans, FOR A PAYCUT is hilarious frankly
    Quite like the Taylor chat as it signals who knows/understands their football and who just reads tabloids/twitter.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

He basically tore up his contract with us so you never know.

snake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

If you get paid up most of your contract then it makes no difference does it? If you’ve got a year left on 10k a week and get offered 300k to rip it up you're laughing. Obviously on the condition you’ve got a 5k offer on the table. 
  • Mrkinski said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    RedRobin said:

Coming from more than one source. How ITK is Cawley these days? Enough to know who we are negotiating with? 

Edit* ignore as only has 62 followers and a few days ago posted that we were signing Stockton. Cawley is more ITK than this account. 
    Looks like a charlton fan having a laugh, only ever post about Charlton and Man Utd.. Why would you even start beleive it.. 
    He is in the Premier League aka the big boys club. Why would he take a pay cut and drop down to L1?
    Because he has "proved himself" whatever that is...and got his big money move, now realises he is useless and can't/don't want to play, just rake in the loot which is his own mantra, so anyone take him back... wouldn't bet against him trying to get back here, depends if Thomas has been given the sp..😎
  • Lyle is a big fat no from me and can’t see him dropping to league 1. He sees football as a job and nothing more, he’d play 21’s football if it meant he’d get his 15k a week or whatever he’s on now at Forest. 
  • edited August 2022
    If Taylor is prepared to have his contract torn up and take a pay cut then I’m afraid that Charlton would be way down the list of clubs who would be interested in taking him on those terms. I’m filing this with the Wilkes rumour. 
  • The idea that anyone would consider that Lyle Taylor would rip up his contract, to move to a club where he will be hated by a large portion of the fans, FOR A PAYCUT is hilarious frankly
    As stated earlier, Forest would have to pay up his contract, so it would be a pay rise.

He can still fuck off thoigh. 
  • I know we all want a striker but under no circumstances this one. I would rather play with 10 men every week than have him gleefully waving at us after scoring

• If he ever returns then I'm out. I'll not go to a single match whilst he is with us & I'll even send my season ticket back.

He basically went on strike & did not see out his contract (not even counting that 99% of players in the EFL played past their usual contract date). He was probably the single most reason why we got relegated that season & if not for him we could be still in the Championship or perhaps even in the Premier League. To have stayed up we needed just 1 more point & most games in the "closed doors" season we needed a single goal to turn a loss into a draw or a draw into a win. ! goal. And i'm sure Taylor seeing out the season he would have scored that goal. 
    Dont send your season ticket back, ill have it of you for a tenner, i dont bear any grudges against Taylor
  • I'm more likely to be signed by Charlton than Lyle Failure.