Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• edited August 2022

Basically Lincoln’s Cawley, confirming it’s done to them. Does Gilbey have two years left on his contract or a one year option? 
  • NabySarr said:
    Gilbey to Lincoln on loan with a view to permanent. Apparently pretty much a done deal
    He is in the last year of his contract so struggling to see how it’s a loan with a view to perm? Surely just a loan and they will then sign him on a free when his contract expires ( if they still want him)
  • NabySarr said:
    Gilbey to Lincoln on loan with a view to permanent. Apparently pretty much a done deal
    He is in the last year of his contract so struggling to see how it’s a loan with a view to perm? Surely just a loan and they will then sign him on a free when his contract expires ( if they still want him)
    Yes you are right. Where I saw the news was the same Ryan Whelen tweet so it was from a Lincoln perspective where they are probably taking him on loan with a view to signing him permanently for free 
  • If a loan he can't play against us
  • So Gilbey is the McGrandles replacement who was the.......
  • Still not sure that account is legit after he was tweeting about some McGrandles/Payne stuff earlier in the window. Have to wait and see...
  • NabySarr said:
    I think you would need to see the contract. 
    Maybe they have the option to buy in January for instance or an additional payment due if they do sign him. Is there something in there that agrees we will not recall in January and sell him to someone else?
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:
    A football site was suggesting Morgan Fox at 28 could be a good signing and could cover at CH and LB.
    I am not suggesting we should, just taking the pin out and lobbing it in.
    The same Morgan Fox who is entering his 10th season of Championship football? Yep, I think he’d be alright. Not convinced he’s quite as good on the ball as a Garner defender might be expected to be but he’d definitely be good enough overall to be part of the squad 
  • edited August 2022
    I don’t get this, I think we are pretty well covered there, and have options such a Clare slotting in as well, and calling DE back off loan! Get we might want a left footed CB but that is a luxury 

Forward has to be surely.. or a Full Back 
  • I am sure Garner said recently we were close to two signings. One has obviously signed while the other is likely to be a left sided defender who we maybe able to get in before anyone else leaves. If we manage to shift Gilbey, which is looking likely, and perhaps one other then I would expect a striker in before the window closes.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    I don’t get this, I think we are pretty well covered there, and have options such a Clare slotting in as well, and calling DE back off loan! Get we might want a left footed CB but that is a luxury 

2 injuries away from god knows who paying centre half ; we need one desperately , IMO.  If that ends up with Inniss/ Lavelle and O’Connell playing 46 games , who cares . 
  • edited August 2022
    sam3110 said:
    Payne and Morgan are the chief corner takers I guess.

Is a side with both of them in too attacking?

Wollacott
    Clare Inniss O'Connell Sessegnon
    Morgan Dobson Payne
    Rak-Sakyi Stockley CBT

If we are playing the infancied teams like Cambridge, port vale and Cheltenham, I would go for this team. 

As was proven by a successful England team recently it's not always the 11 players in the First half that wins you matches but the 11 that are on the field in the last 25 minutes. Fraser does a lot of link up play that appears to be going under the radar.  (Not by Garner)
    It's all about the balance of the team and with it being a 16 man game now over the 98 minutes of most matches, the starting 11 is no more important that the 11 at the business end of a match.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

I wouldn't say that honestly given that Inniss' fitness record is second only to Aneke's, and not in a good way. Let DE stay out on loan, maybe even let Ness go too and bring in a proper left footer who can cover LB as well in a pinch and I'd say that's not bad business. 

Admitted that in this hypothetical it's as well as a striker not instead of, but I'm still fairly sure another forward player is being worked on.
  • Inniss will likely be out for at least a couple of months at some point between now and May. We have to get another CB in because playing with two senior options for a 10-12 game stretch is not a good idea.

Similar story with Aneke and needing reliable cover for Stockley.

If either of those two could stay fit, we probably wouldn't need anyone. As it is, they have to be treated as luxury options and to plan without them.
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:

Clayden seems to have solved the the LB problem. Clayden and Sessegnon on the left, Clare and Egbo on the right seems good enough for the time being.
    Would've totally disagreed before Clare turned into prime Cafu. A left-sided cb who can cover lb and a striker should be priority
  • wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

2 injuries away from god knows who paying centre half ; we need one desperately , IMO.  If that ends up with Inniss/ Lavelle and O’Connell playing 46 games , who cares . 
    I injury away from having just ONE striker, who had played just 4 league games in his life.
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Not sure I agree. Clare can't slot in there at the moment and Innis could get injured on Saturday, that only leaves 2 unless you include Ness, who is raw and right footed anyway. I would have thought a left footed CB who could also cover LB is what we need and is just about ahead of a striker as Jesurun can probably come off the wing if required and is probably better placed to do so rather than Leaburn.
  • edited August 2022
    Inniss is a 13 game a season player over the last few years so we need O'Connell and Lavelle to stay fit because in my opinion I don't want to see Clare playing CB unless it's a real emergency as he can be so good as an attacking RB which I said at the end of last season and which is coming to fruition.  I personally thought Deji could be one of the 4 options at CB this season but Ben Garner must feel he needs to get more game time in National League to get used to the physicality of men's football.
    Perhaps the injury last season hampered Deji's progress.
  • wmcf123 said:
    DubaiCAFC said:

I injury away from having just ONE striker, who had played just 4 league games in his life.
    Think we are all in the we need a striker camp but I would wager Innis getting injured before Stockley. If we played two upfront then a striker would be a priority but as things currently stand I would say a left footed defender is more essential because if the Fulham lad gets injured we only have Claydon who has a similar amount of league experience as Leaburn.

• I agree a CB had to be number one priority.  Every game that Innis does not get injured in is a surprise to me.  That would leave two in Lavelle and O'Connell.

Upfront we also need a striker before the window closes but not quite as urgently.

Ultimately I would imagine we are targeting both and it will be down to which of our targets comes up first. 
    I reckon that also. Gallen tells us about his lists, doesn't he?
    Someone on here who has a good ITK record, hinted recently that as well as a CB, we are still looking to bring in another striker.

I'd be very surprised if we don't sign one, maybe a loan perhaps, by the time the window closes.