Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Don't forget we still  have Jacob Roddy to play at left back.
    Whatever happened to him?
    Injured
  • Don't forget we still  have Jacob Roddy to play at left back.
    Whatever happened to him?
    Still around but injured
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    MKD weren't nearly so ball-playing while Gilbey was there, tbf...
    Not sure what they were like under Tisdale, but he did play under Russel Martin whose style makes ‘GarnerBall’ look like prime Sam Allardyce. 
    Would that be the Russell Martin who flogged him to Charlton without a second's hesitation?
    Thought he was on a free
  • Stockton is essentially doing a Lyle Taylor to Morcambe, off the back of one good season, and people are still clamouring for him. 

If he was rated as worth the risk, why has it got to the point that he has had to hand in a transfer request, and it is only Fleetwood who have come in with any sort of tangible bid for him?
    If Morecambe were holding out for say £500k then that would explain no one signing him until now.
  • edited August 2022
    Redhenry said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    MKD weren't nearly so ball-playing while Gilbey was there, tbf...
    Not sure what they were like under Tisdale, but he did play under Russel Martin whose style makes ‘GarnerBall’ look like prime Sam Allardyce. 
    Would that be the Russell Martin who flogged him to Charlton without a second's hesitation?
    Thought he was on a free
    Nah we paid for him. Though not sure he was ‘flogged without a seconds hesitation’:

https://www.mkfm.com/news/mk-dons-news/mk-dons-boss-russell-martin-discusses-alex-gilbey-situation/
  • The more I think about it, the more Tyreece Simpson would make sense as our striker signing. Can play through the middle but also be used as a wide forward, good age profile with resale potential, played well under our manager, linked well with Payne, hasn't played competitive football for a bit so wouldn't be expecting to start games straight away. It would be down to whether Ipswich would let him go to a rival team, whether they reduce their asking price and whether a team from higher up didn't fancy him...

I think Huddersfield are looking to sign him.
  • Cannot wait for Chuks to bang some goals in when he is back just to shut 1956 up for a while.
    I cannot wait either but frankly the number of appearances to injuries is almost the same si ce January.  9 appearances  in 6 months and still no idea when he may put a toe over the line. 4 goals in 6 months is no good for a promotion hopeful like us. 

Others think the same but it is me again you go for. Why ? Do you think 9 games in six months  is OK especially when quite a few were cameos that required me to get out a photo to recognise him.
    Because you just go on and on about it. Everybody gets it, you’re extremely tired at Aneke’s injury issues. Do you really have to repeat it every day? 
    You've got a point!
  • Cannot wait for Chuks to bang some goals in when he is back just to shut 1956 up for a while.
    I cannot wait either but frankly the number of appearances to injuries is almost the same si ce January.  9 appearances  in 6 months and still no idea when he may put a toe over the line. 4 goals in 6 months is no good for a promotion hopeful like us. 

Others think the same but it is me again you go for. Why ? Do you think 9 games in six months  is OK especially when quite a few were cameos that required me to get out a photo to recognise him.
    Because you just go on and on about it. Everybody gets it, you’re extremely tired at Aneke’s injury issues. Do you really have to repeat it every day? 
    Only because people keep banging on about how effective  he is and when he cines back etc , etc....
    Logic says it will take a miracle for that to happen soon. Besides which when he came back and then got injured in short order I got pelters because I said I expected that. 

He is not the Messiah and to even get on the bench he needs to be much fitter than now.

Put simply do you or anyone else on here really  think he can keep up with the pace and exertion of Garner Ball.

Having said that Bowyer despaired of Morgan bothering if we were under pressure.  This year he seems to be a revelation compared to that Morgan.

I know others on here think the same so ho and bang on at them instead but please don't  say that the lastv6 or 7 months have revealed a super fit Aneke because bthey haven't  so far.

Watch the highlights of the first couple of goals and the relentless nature of the press .  He couldn’t do it . 
  • edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    here he is….
    Moan about Chuks all you want but don’t you dare slag off Gunter.
    Simon Francis wibble wibble 
    A good example of being a good player despite your views. Or perhaps you are a better judge than , say , Newcastle manager, Eddie Howe.  As you say Wibble wibble 🥸
    I got pelters on here a few years back when I suggested Francis was better than Solly. In fairness I did underestimate Solly a bit but I commented that I liked the fact Francis was taller which may have been responsible for the Charlton Life height test.

I always thought the errors Francis made was down to him trying to make things happen in a poor team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Stockton is essentially doing a Lyle Taylor to Morcambe, off the back of one good season, and people are still clamouring for him. 
    I don't see him refusing to play in a relegation fight, using covid as an excuse whilst his team mates tried to battle on to the end. 
    Hasn’t he ‘been sick’ for all of their games so far? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Stockton is essentially doing a Lyle Taylor to Morcambe, off the back of one good season, and people are still clamouring for him. 
    I don't see him refusing to play in a relegation fight, using covid as an excuse whilst his team mates tried to battle on to the end. 
    Played half of them
  • Stockton scored 13 league goals in his first season then 23 in his second, not bad in a relegation threatened team like Morecambe. He is nothing like Ajose in that respect. 

He may not want to move down south but Kirk has settled in much more since staying with Lavelle so something can be done to help him bed in. 

Plus, we look like an exciting team to be part of and potentially on the up, so for the sake of his career, why wouldn't consider being part of that. 

• He’s off to Wrexham 
  • shirty5 said:
    He’s off to Wrexham 
    Wrong forum.
  • edited August 2022
    Don't think we have ever been in for him. Just us on here would like him...
  • Stockton is essentially doing a Lyle Taylor to Morcambe, off the back of one good season, and people are still clamouring for him. 

If he was rated as worth the risk, why has it got to the point that he has had to hand in a transfer request, and it is only Fleetwood who have come in with any sort of tangible bid for him?
    He really isn't, as he is trying to leave during a transfer window. If anything it's more like Scott Parker, but then I'm sure down the years we've signed plenty of players who threw a strop to try and force a move away.

We don't know how much Morecambe have been asking. Teams might have been making informal enquiries, hearing the price and deciding to hold fire on a bid until Morecambe were quoting a sensible price.
  • Out of interest, do you all think we should be targeting a centre forward or somebody who can play in the middle and out wide?
  • edited August 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don’t forget the fact he did so while the club was at one of its lowest points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Played half of them
    Ah ok. 
  • mendonca said:
    Out of interest, do you all think we should be targeting a centre forward or somebody who can play in the middle and out wide?
    I would say the latter, probably a false 9 type.
  • CB for me. Not sure about Lavelle and Innis will probably be injured for a time.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    here he is….
    A good example of being a good player despite your views. Or perhaps you are a better judge than , say , Newcastle manager, Eddie Howe.  As you say Wibble wibble 🥸
    I got pelters on here a few years back when I suggested Francis was better than Solly. In fairness I did underestimate Solly a bit but I commented that I liked the fact Francis was taller which may have been responsible for the Charlton Life height test.

I always thought the errors Francis made was down to him trying to make things happen in a poor team.
    I though Carlton Palmer was better than Xavi, to be fair . 
  • mendonca said:
    Out of interest, do you all think we should be targeting a centre forward or somebody who can play in the middle and out wide?
    I would say the latter, probably a false 9 type.
    The cover for Stockley is very light. Arguably, neither Leaburn or Aneke could reliably cover for 3 or 4+ games of 60-90 minutes if Stockley got injured. An experienced striker who can bring people in to play and hopefully chip in with goals is the cover that is needed.

I already think we have a decent amount of cover on either side of the 3 up top. I count 6 players that could play in those roles (and, given Tuesday night, I now include Leaburn as one of those options). We've got just 2 to cover Stockley, and both come with caveats.
  • edited August 2022
    Redhenry said:
    CB for me. Not sure about Lavelle and Innis will probably be injured for a time.
    I like Lavelle - he's more than fine for this level. All our CBs are very much L1 standard and none of them really stand out. I also think that Clare could also perform fine there in a pinch, and whilst not optimal, I think there's midfielders that could slot in at RB. I understand the need for another defender, but I think if we did sign one, I wouldn't want much money spent, as they'd likely just be a squad player. Plus, Elerewe is out on loan and (again, probably not ideal) could be pulled back in January as cover.

Clean sheets will be determined more by Wollacott than any of them, imho.
  • wmcf123 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    here he is….

I though Carlton Palmer was better than Xavi, to be fair . 
    At basketball certainly!
  • mendonca said:
    A centre forward. With JRS signed and Leaburn better suited for the wider role at the moment, we now have plenty of options in wide positions.