Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    The current club set up at the start of this transfer window is not encouraging.
    Is the window open?

I thought it opened on the 10th June this year?
    Released players are available now are they not ? 
    But if we sign released players all we will hear is 'Typical Skintgaard signing players no one wants'.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    The current club set up at the start of this transfer window is not encouraging.
    Is the window open?

But if we sign released players all we will hear is 'Typical Skintgaard signing players no one wants'.
    Never presume or assume 
  • Options
    Probably. Even if it was a trial match I’d imagine it’s more likely to be u18/u23 level than the first team.
  • Options
    Was at the Valley yesterday.

Trial match going on. Couldn't get a team sheet so no names.

Pic taken from museum annex
    I recognise Jimmy Small and Alfie Minute in the picture. Not sure about the rest 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Is the window open?

Never presume or assume 
    It is a damn near certainty and even those who act like it isn't know it actually is.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Is the window open?

Everyone is available now, not sure how people still don’t understand how transfer windows work. 
    We have this every window don’t we. Why do some find it so hard to understand?
  • Options
    Yes we can sign anyone, but they can't join us until 10th June if already contracted elsewhere.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yes we can sign anyone, but they can't join us until 10th June if already contracted elsewhere.
    Same for everybody then. Which also makes no odds as the season does not start till the end of July. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    The point is the window isn’t the reason we haven’t signed anyone yet, when it opens is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    The point is the window isn’t the reason we haven’t signed anyone yet, when it opens is irrelevant.
    Of that I agree, I would also state that I wouldn't want us announcing signings whilst we are managerless.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    That’s ok as preseason hasn’t even started then.
  • Options
    How about Hiram Boateng on a free from MKDons.  Said he is leaving. 

Local boy who came through at Palace. 

We sign a Palace cast off every summer.  We sign an MK Dons cast of regularly enough. 

As such this seems nailed on.

He also spent time at Exeter, so would be known by Taylor if he joins. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Harry Mckirdy out of contract in a few months at Swindon, looks a decent player on the few occasions I've seen him play. 
    Don't know much about him as a player but do believe he's pretty decent friends with CBT
  • Options
    Harry Mckirdy out of contract in a few months at Swindon, looks a decent player on the few occasions I've seen him play. 
    Him and Davison up front with Johnny in the pocket :-)  attacking, modern football :smile:
  • Options
    Isn't he a song by Donovan?

One for the kids, there.
  • Options

One for the kids, there.
    Shouldn't be providing things for kids there, Henry :grin:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

One for the kids, there.
    Hurdy Gurdy McKirdy. 
  • Options
    He's a good player, if I have the right one.
  • Options
    Davison plus a fee could do it, especially if they stay down
  • Options
    McKirdy is 25 and before this season he'd gone around league 2 on various loans and hadn't really done that well anywhere. 

I completely accept he might have just come of age but surely there's a bit of a risk that he's just a 1 season wonder. It's possible he's just found the right club at the right time playing a system that suits him.
    Absolutely he could well be a 1 season wonder but on a free transfer I don’t think there’s much risk involved. He can also play out wide if we are looking to play a 4-3-3.
  • Options
    McKirdy is 25 and before this season he'd gone around league 2 on various loans and hadn't really done that well anywhere. 

I completely accept he might have just come of age but surely there's a bit of a risk that he's just a 1 season wonder. It's possible he's just found the right club at the right time playing a system that suits him.
    Absolutely he could well be a 1 season wonder but on a free transfer I don’t think there’s much risk involved. He can also play out wide if we are looking to play a 4-3-3.
    With the squad cap in place we can’t afford to gamble, we need to be as certain as we can players coming in will improve us. Not saying he isn’t one of those players, I hadn’t heard of him until a few days ago.
  • Options

He wouldn't be a free transfer though, he only signed a new contract at Swindon in January.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/mckirdys-here-to-stay/
    Fair enough, what I was looking at is out of date then.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    ButtleJR said:
    Imagine he wants a championship move and he will get it, more than likely to one of the newly promoted sides or Preston to link back up with Lowe. 

I’d jizz in my Y fronts if we signed him, the most complete midfielder in league one
    Gone/ going to Sheffield Wednesday 
  • Options
    Scoham said:

With the squad cap in place we can’t afford to gamble, we need to be as certain as we can players coming in will improve us. Not saying he isn’t one of those players, I hadn’t heard of him until a few days ago.
    The squad cap is obviously in place for everyone but my math we only have 5 or 6 spaces.  Unless we move 3 or 4 on, or get some wonderkinds from somewhere I can't see how we can get the quality we obviously need for the 1st 11.