Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    When it comes to Black box data, if you looked at Marcus Maddison stats and data you would've said he was ideal for at a League 1 side if not higher. Nearly 27 and had a good CV for assists and goals at the time.

BUT was the data upgraded to show he didn't like training and the banter with team mates. He ate take aways even on the day of a game, was missing his visits to see his daughter as he had split up with his partner. He was having a melt down.

MM posts on social media would/should have rang some alarm bells.

Does the "black box data" revel the human being and their state of mind as well as the distance they can run in a match, tackles, passes made, goals, assists and the rest of the football minutiae.
    I don’t think we were even using the black box then. That summer was all Gallen and Bowyer I think, we just panic bought every league 1 free agent going as we had no squad. I think the black box was only properly in place this summer 
  • Options
    I don’t think Marquis would be a good signing.  Spent a couple of years at Doncaster failing to get them out of this division, and has now spent a couple of years at Pompey failing to get them out the division.  Would be perfect to get him on a 2 year deal and make it a hat trick of clubs he’s spent a couple of years failing to get out the division 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    There are something like 300 players we are currently monitoring and assessing.  The club are actually doing stuff and have been for some time.

unfortunately there are things that happen that we know nothing of and have no control over but they still sometimes happen.  What is important is to know we most definitely are working on this.

A lot doesn’t get out into the public domain and the club do get hit over the head with it sometimes.  No we are not perfect but we are nowhere near as inept as some people want to make out.  I just don’t understand the agenda of some!
    The reason people think it's inept is because we have eyes and saw the clusterfuck that happened last summer.

The "data" produced two players that were actually quite good and Kirk.  We were still 5 or 6 players short so we resorted to Gallen begging his mates to lend or recommend players.

If the attitude is well Martin (zero football experience) has replaced Roddy (little recruitment experience) so this time it will be better, well put me down as I will believe it when I see it.
    Everyone has already decided Martin is not bringing anything to the table before he’s had a chance to prove or disprove it though!

Kirk didn’t work because of the formation we played - the issue was more about the lack of joined up thinking between playing and scouting staff.  We relied on stats more than what was practical to the desired formation.

we need a manager in place who has a clear vision and a plan - the rest falls in to place after that point.  Well, That's the thinking anyway
    MS has had significant involvement for a while.
    He blabbed to Connor about his contract. 
    His Dad has been giving him jobs for years.

Carry on thinking all will be rosey!
    Yes you’re probably right.  We should all take to social media and tell him to fuck off.  That’s bound to have the desired effect.  

Because that’s what plenty of people are doing

people who have no fucking clue about what happens behind the scenes

im sure Thomas wants all the negativity.  I reckon he loves looking at the millions he’s thrown at us only to be told he’s a penniless chancer 

what do people want from the club?  The man paying the bills is going to trust family above anyone else because they aren’t going to stab him in the back at the first opportunity.  As I’ve said many times this club has been in a horrific decline for a number of years with a number of owners - it will take time to get us going in the right direction again but it will take longer as long as the fans want to snipe at EVERYTHING the club does

I genuinely don't have a closed mind, but I can't see how this ends up working well.

He simply isn't qualified to do this job.  At all.

The post where it was questioned would TS get a footballer to run his medical business is a prime example.

TS has a lot of credit but he is just going to waste his millions the way he has set up our recruitment.

As a fan, I would like him to stay around, employ a better, more "football" experienced CEO, get a young progressive manager on board and realise next season is not the cake walk he wants it to be.

We finished 13th in League 1.

If you are happy with that so be it.  I'm not.  We should do better.   We have no manager, one full back and a need for realistically 10 players.  4-5 permanent minimum and 6 excellent loans.

Right now, I don't think we will get what we need.  This is a forum, with opinions.
    Ours differ.
    That's allowed.

I just don't trust the current process. 
    What qualifications do make him right? If his son has worked in Data Analysis I am pretty sure he can analyse data whatever the subject.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    There are something like 300 players we are currently monitoring and assessing.  The club are actually doing stuff and have been for some time.

unfortunately there are things that happen that we know nothing of and have no control over but they still sometimes happen.  What is important is to know we most definitely are working on this.

A lot doesn’t get out into the public domain and the club do get hit over the head with it sometimes.  No we are not perfect but we are nowhere near as inept as some people want to make out.  I just don’t understand the agenda of some!
    The reason people think it's inept is because we have eyes and saw the clusterfuck that happened last summer.

The "data" produced two players that were actually quite good and Kirk.  We were still 5 or 6 players short so we resorted to Gallen begging his mates to lend or recommend players.

If the attitude is well Martin (zero football experience) has replaced Roddy (little recruitment experience) so this time it will be better, well put me down as I will believe it when I see it.
    Everyone has already decided Martin is not bringing anything to the table before he’s had a chance to prove or disprove it though!

Kirk didn’t work because of the formation we played - the issue was more about the lack of joined up thinking between playing and scouting staff.  We relied on stats more than what was practical to the desired formation.

we need a manager in place who has a clear vision and a plan - the rest falls in to place after that point.  Well, That's the thinking anyway

Yes you’re probably right.  We should all take to social media and tell him to fuck off.  That’s bound to have the desired effect.  

im sure Thomas wants all the negativity.  I reckon he loves looking at the millions he’s thrown at us only to be told he’s a penniless chancer 

what do people want from the club?  The man paying the bills is going to trust family above anyone else because they aren’t going to stab him in the back at the first opportunity.  As I’ve said many times this club has been in a horrific decline for a number of years with a number of owners - it will take time to get us going in the right direction again but it will take longer as long as the fans want to snipe at EVERYTHING the club does

I genuinely don't have a closed mind, but I can't see how this ends up working well.

The post where it was questioned would TS get a footballer to run his medical business is a prime example.

TS has a lot of credit but he is just going to waste his millions the way he has set up our recruitment.

As a fan, I would like him to stay around, employ a better, more "football" experienced CEO, get a young progressive manager on board and realise next season is not the cake walk he wants it to be.

If you are happy with that so be it.  I'm not.  We should do better.   We have no manager, one full back and a need for realistically 10 players.  4-5 permanent minimum and 6 excellent loans.

Right now, I don't think we will get what we need.  This is a forum, with opinions.
    Ours differ.
    That's allowed.

What qualifications do make him right? If his son has worked in Data Analysis I am pretty sure he can analyse data whatever the subject.
    @Dazzler

MS' CV has been shared already.  He was not in data analysis.  Far from it.

You can check it out on Linked In
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    supaclive said:
    Swisdom said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:

Ours differ.
    That's allowed.

@Dazzler

MS' CV has been shared already.  He was not in data analysis.  Far from it.

You can check it out on Linked In
    Curiouser and curiouser ...
  • Options
    The current club set up at the start of this transfer window is not encouraging.
  • Options
    vff said:
    The current club set up at the start of this transfer window is not encouraging.
    Is the window open?

I thought it opened on the 10th June this year?
  • Options
    vff said:
    Absolutely, going to be another frustrating summer.

The main thing is to have a manager in place, but we sacked ours and I get the feeling we don't really have a plan moving forward. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont forget, TS said that it was easy to run a football club, that we are all fan's & know how football works because we watch Sky every week. He showed us this by bringing in Schwartz.....🤔.

Be prepared to be very underwelmed this summer & for another long dreary season. At least we have the World Cup to look forward to in the winter & hopefully miss a few home matches whilst England are playing. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Tyler Walker
    Would be very happy with him, bad spell at Pompey, but certainly a player in there. Very similar to Taylor
    no its Tyler!  :p
  • Options
    It’s not an ideal situation with all the nepotism etc but it is what it is. 

No point getting your knickers in a twist over something that isn’t going to change. Besides that, we shouldn’t judge the merits of the new recruitment set-up before we see the results. If some are to be believed, the analysts uncovered Dobson and Clare while our traditional scouting gave us Arter and Souare.

Reading between lines, being a ‘director of analytics’ suggests to me that there are some contracted analysts reporting to him, rather than Martin doing the analysis himself. 

Didn’t we stumble upon a bloke based in Australia that had Chelsea analyst on his CV or did I imagine it?

My best guess is that there are 2-4 more of these types doing the actual analysis and sharing their reports with Martin who brings them to the leadership group for further discussion.

At least, that’s what I hope is happening. The way I see it, Thomas is two things: eccentric & stubborn (he proved both by buying the club in the first place) but I’d like to believe he’s not so mad that he’d burn all his cash on a flailing third tier team.

He’s losing almost eight figures per year and I doubt that’s just so his son can play Football Manager in real life. 
    Thats not what Thomas said is happening though is it?

At the fans forum he made a point about how much physical scouting Martin and Gallen do.  Which is interesting as they seem to be at most of our matches.........
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Is the window open?

The window is always open just that if you sign players outside the window they can’t play for you until the next window opens.
    Jack Iredale - Cambridge to Bolton
    Ebou Adams - Forest Green to Cardiff
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    vff said:
    Is the window open?

The window is always open just that if you sign players outside the window they can’t play for you until the next window opens.
    Jack Iredale - Cambridge to Bolton
    Ebou Adams - Forest Green to Cardiff
    Exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is just gonna be people moaning until September isn’t it. Lovely stuff.
    Is that when the window shuts then? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    This thread is just gonna be people moaning until September isn’t it. Lovely stuff.
    Yep!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yep!
    Plenty of time for constructive debate then 
  • Options
    Not even morning about facts. Just opinion and tweets from random Twitter accounts.
  • Options
    Would be great to have an actual rumour at some stage. 🤞
  • Options
    Course it isn't, don't be silly. 

It will still be going on in September when we're moaning about all the players we should have signed excelling elsewhere. 
  • Options
    I doubt that Martin Sandgaard has much footballing nous to bring to the table, and in my view needs skilled humouring, persuading, and possibly ignoring by the football experts at the club. And who knows, he might get better at whatever his job is supposed to be.
    There is an however to consider.
    Thomas is funding the club hugely, he has had his fingers burned already by being a remote owner (but far more hands on than Duchatelet), and by all accounts some employed at the club are two faced, and take the piss when his back is turned. Having his son at the club as somebody he trusts may be clunky and clumsy in creating a role, but I understand why it happens.
    I think focus on any passing comments Sandgaard makes about high press or low blocks is irrelevant, to me it is the equivalent of an owner saying he wants a winning team, which is what every owner and fan wants.
  • Options
    Not unless we get 5 or 6 quality signings in the door by the 1st of July........

So yes it will be.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Yep!
    Bold of you to assume it won't continue past that!