Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Imagine he wants a championship move and he will get it, more than likely to one of the newly promoted sides or Preston to link back up with Lowe. 

I’d jizz in my Y fronts if we signed him, the most complete midfielder in league one
    Gone/ going to Sheffield Wednesday 
    Feels like with the money being spent in League 1 we need to find the next Camara etc rather than sign the best players in the division. We could miss out if we spend all summer chasing them which is what we appeared to do last year with Fraser and no doubt others.
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    Think we can cross Rudoni off the maybe list now Jacko’s gone there.
    There is always a deal if you want one.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    McKirdy is 25 and before this season he'd gone around league 2 on various loans and hadn't really done that well anywhere. 

I completely accept he might have just come of age but surely there's a bit of a risk that he's just a 1 season wonder. It's possible he's just found the right club at the right time playing a system that suits him.
    Absolutely he could well be a 1 season wonder but on a free transfer I don’t think there’s much risk involved. He can also play out wide if we are looking to play a 4-3-3.
    With the squad cap in place we can’t afford to gamble, we need to be as certain as we can players coming in will improve us. Not saying he isn’t one of those players, I hadn’t heard of him until a few days ago.
    He's been very good in the last few months. Definitely someone who's stood out, when watching EFL on Quest
  • Options
    Bournesnr said:
    Think we can cross Rudoni off the maybe list now Jacko’s gone there.
    Why?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Imagine he wants a championship move and he will get it, more than likely to one of the newly promoted sides or Preston to link back up with Lowe. 

I’d jizz in my Y fronts if we signed him, the most complete midfielder in league one
    Feels like with the money being spent in League 1 we need to find the next Camara etc rather than sign the best players in the division. We could miss out if we spend all summer chasing them which is what we appeared to do last year with Fraser and no doubt others.
    Let’s not be negative though!!😜
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

Your on form this morning!! :D
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Scoham said:
    ButtleJR said:

Your on form this morning!! :D
    I wish my wife said that a bit more often😜
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    supaclive said:
    For completeness....

He's basically Roman from Succession.
    At least he isn't Kendal 
  • Options
    Freddie Ladapo released by Rotherham. Probably not in the age range we will probably be looking at but I think he would be a very good signing 

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Freddie Ladapo released by Rotherham. Probably not in the age range we will probably be looking at but I think he would be a very good signing 

Would be a great signing
  • Options
    Tom Eves released by Hull City 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    He handed in a Transfer Request during the January Transfer Window

Imagine he'll be going upwards

Cant see it being a genuine release, more the fact he didnt want to sign a new deal
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    supaclive said:
    For completeness....

At least he isn't Kendal 
    I literally did a post along these lines ages ago and nobody bloody cared, and it was great too 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    He handed in a Transfer Request during the January Transfer Window

Imagine he'll be going upwards

Cant see it being a genuine release, more the fact he didnt want to sign a new deal
    His brother is in our u18’s so a move closer to home could appeal, not that I rate him very highly.
  • Options

Bali Mumba

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Cloudworm said:
    supaclive said:
    For completeness....

At least he isn't Kendal 
    I literally did a post along these lines ages ago and nobody bloody cared, and it was great too 
    Now I've made it topical again 😂, find it, repost it and let the Charlton life family be the judge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not Charlton related but Gareth Bale to Cardiff is probably one of the more surprising rumours you will see this summer. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Not Charlton related but Gareth Bale to Cardiff is probably one of the more surprising rumours you will see this summer. 
    Thank god it isnt a Charlton rumour. 

Wasnt impressed with the last couple of Welsh signings who have seemed to join, purely to prolong their International careers
  • Options
    There was talk of him making a move into the MLS a week or two back...
  • Options
    Ladapo would be a great signing.  I mentioned him a couple of months ago.  Even better if it persuaded his younger brother to sign a contract!  Local boy.
  • Options

Do it

• Options
    What type of striker would he be, an upgrade on Conor W?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    What type of striker would he be, an upgrade on Conor W?

Statistically?  Everyone but the one we get.
  • Options
    Lewis Grabben out of contract in June. Maybe 34 but would love him up front.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Lewis Grabben out of contract in June. Maybe 34 but would love him up front.
    No thank you