Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Ipswich recruitment clearly not learnt from last year…

“who’s a big name in this league and available? Quick let’s sign them and give them lots of money! If we can get enough quality players through the door we’re guaranteed to walk it!”
  • Ladapo is decent but not top class, a good squad player but I'd be surprised if Ipswich don't also look to sign someone better than that as their main striker

Are we missing some think Killer ?

Ladapo scored 11 in 31 in a team that finished in an automatic promotion position and just the two assists and scored 9 in 42 when in the Championship. Is he all action and never stops working ?

Plus he puts in a transfer request in January when you would hope everyone had the same goal of promotion. 

Please educate because I can't quite see why Golfie Junior is crying ?
    We'll let you know when we sign someone better.

In fact we'll let you know when we actually sign someone. 
  • Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disappointing, but would he have ever been a realistic target in our price range/wage structure?

I'm pleased we're not signing players without a manager, I'm concerned we don't have a manager and haven't started signing players before now.

Just a gentle reminder freebies can be done outside the window, sure and clubs can be approached outside the window but transfers of contracted players can only be completed within the window.
    Several signings for a fee/undisclosed have already been confirmed. They just officially complete after the window opens.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers
     Did I stutter? Those deals cannot be completed until the window opens. 😉
    Maybe I’m missing something, why is the window relevant? It doesn’t stop signings being announced, so there’s no reason why we can’t start signing players for a fee now.
    We can but they won't be completed til the window opens and you just know we'd be the club where we fail to actually get the players we've signed on the opening of the window. 
  • edited May 2022
    The window is irrelevant, everybody knows that. Of course transfers can be completed before the window opens. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Disappointing, but would he have ever been a realistic target in our price range/wage structure?

I'm pleased we're not signing players without a manager, I'm concerned we don't have a manager and haven't started signing players before now.

Just a gentle reminder freebies can be done outside the window, sure and clubs can be approached outside the window but transfers of contracted players can only be completed within the window.
    Several signings for a fee/undisclosed have already been confirmed. They just officially complete after the window opens.

Maybe I’m missing something, why is the window relevant? It doesn’t stop signings being announced, so there’s no reason why we can’t start signing players for a fee now.
    We can but they won't be completed til the window opens and you just know we'd be the club where we fail to actually get the players we've signed on the opening of the window. 
    Deals can be signed, transfers can be completed and fees can be paid.

You just cant register the player outside of the window. 
  • It's a Transfer window, for when the transfer of players happens. Otherwise it would be called a shopping window..
  • "Not the most clinical"... We'd love him here, his record in League One is little better than Conor Washington.

Interesting that they've effectively replaced Ladapo with Washington, someone who's probably even less clinical but has more of an all round game
    As a side who will be expected to struggle in the championship then having a striker who works really hard for the team instead of Ladapo who the poster admits offers very little, perhaps isn't the worst move.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:

I’m not saying I think we’ll sign anyone before it officially opens, I hope we do, but the point is in theory we could sign a player for a fee and announce it today. It’s not going to fall through by that point, despite there being a bit of paperwork to complete the registration.
  • https://twitter.com/footyinsider247/status/1531613612070035464?s=21&t=DY_dLgx43MDPRq7YrC2uMg

Alex Gorrin who we were linked with has signed an extension at Oxford.

Sunderland & Burton also linked 
  • Josh Koroma.. not linked, but could be a good signing 
  • Sponsored links:

• We were told last season that all the best transfers come at the end of the transfer window, does anyone believe this?
    Our best loans from the Prem, perhaps?

Thinking back to Cullen , Bielik, Gallagher, even Maaaaaaatsen.

• Paul Pogba: Manchester United confirm midfielder will leave on free transfer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61659836

No doubt generated a few quid from shirts sales he has been a shocking waste of money. Another awful piece of business by Utd.
  • I think he is the most over-rated player I’ve ever seen. Give me Ralph Milne every time.
  • Said the other day next season could easily be Sandgaard’s 2015/16. Stockley could score 20+ in the league at the right club with the right service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Said the other day next season could easily be Sandgaard’s 2015/16. Stockley could score 20+ in the league at the right club with the right service.
    Absolutely he could, if played in last seasons Sunderland side or this seasons Wigan one he would be around the 30 goal mark.  Wednesday are a similar team, as Wigan still are...........
  • Stockley would be a very Darren Moore sort of player. I'd be surprised if we sold him though, with Pearce gone Stockley is our captain, seems like a bit of a leader in terms of speaking for the squad and managed 13 league goals last season despite injuries and upheaval. We'd have to get a hell of a bid to make it worth our while. The only way I could see a sale would be if we had a new manager in who absolutely refused to work with a galoot up front in League One, but I also think that would have to be Pep Guardiola so currently unlikely.
  • and Ipswich now sign a defender, who have we signed so far.
  • edited June 2022
    I wouldn't sell Stockley but he's not a striker to lead the line in a high pressing/possession build up team which is what TS professes to want (despite recruiting barely any players who can actually play that system).

If he's serious about this style of football then it would make sense to get a decent fee and move him on.
  • cfgs said:
    That's the most insulting thing anyone has ever said to me, ever. :smiley:

What I mean is its easy to be settled when your the main man.  I really don't see how Stockley fits into Thomas's vision tbh.  

In football terms he has longer behind him than in front of him and still has time to live where he wants in 3 or 4 years time when his career starts to wind down.