Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2022 transfer rumours (Gilbey loan confirmed p513, a signing falls through last minute p541)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rob said:
    It’s probably because of his injury record. I agree he can be a class player but I think they see him as a liability and want to move on. We’ll see what happens with him though. 
    It's nothing to do with his injury record.  He would be the most unlucky man in the world to do a 3rd ACL.  We didn't want to move him on, why do you think we extended his contract?

It's not like Davison-Ponytail where we can get a 100k or so for him.  No league 2 club will pay him what he wants , not many league 1 clubs will either.  That's before we ask for a fee.  Which we will.
    Fair enough. You know best. 
  • Options
    I’m 99% sure that’s not Rak Sakyi
    Was thinking the same, looks nothing like him. 
  • Options
    Guy near him looks like a larger Zac Efron
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    ButtleJR said:

JRS?
    He's got white hair for fucks sake! Looks at least mid to late 60's...
    Guy at the front is doing a good bit of nasal exploration.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m hoping the likes of jfc and gilbey have got the message and move on - goal scorer needed anc we need to throw everything at it 
    What message?  That a load of people on a forum are suggesting they go to Orient, Wimbledon or Gillingham?

We are going to use 4 CMs every game, maybe 5 in most. To only have 5 would be as silly as having 7.  If they aren't happy that's a different matter but I would be supprised if both went and we didn't bring someone else in. 
    yes and somebody's' else in is what i'm hoping for - not just a striker 
    I ment specifically another midfielder if both went. 
    I know - my point is that neithera re up to it and the less dead wood we carry, the better so if both go we can bring another in and put the rest to the problem area - centre forward  
    Do you think JFC has never been up to being 1 of 6 or his latest serious injury has finished?  If its the former fair enough opinions etc, if its the latter what are you basing that on? 
    A bit of both - based on having watched years of football 
    Fair enough on not rating him but I struggle to see where the evidence of him being finished comes from.  Based on what?  I have also watched football for years and have seen no evidence, nor heard any thing that would suggest its clear cut either way.

He looked as fit and mobile as everyone else in preason IMO. 
    I didn’t say he was finished - I’ve no idea in his fitness - just not good enough for us 
  • Options
    What? It could very, very, very easily be the same guy in both photos 
  • Options
    Guy near him looks like a larger Zac Efron
    Zac Effron after a night out with Robbie Williams maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it's him but if it's not him then let the fun begin...who is it???
  • Options
    looks like we are signing Tim Henman/Marlon from Emmerdale. Quality
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If you say so
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Think some people are trying to avoid seeming the R word. 

For me it's definitely him. Or his doppelganger
  • Options
    Personally don’t think it looks like him
  • Options
    JRS was 100% definitely at the game last night, unless he wasn't, but either way he's signing today, or this week, or not at all.

How about that for ITK?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    he’s 100% signing today 
    If you've not got anything to say regarding formations, managers or fish puns. Please refrain from posting. Sick of rumours clogging up this thread...
    Fish puns eh....?

Animated Fish Gifs GIFs  Tenor
  • Options
    Unfortunately JFC wasn't very good tonight. He's got the experience but when the game wasn't bypassing him, he was overhitting long passes to no-one.

He had the lowest pass completion percentage of any of the three starting midfielders: Dobson 93.9% (31/33), Gilbey 86.7% (26/30), Forster-Caskey 86.5% (32/37).

Long ball accuracy: Dobson 100% (5/5), Gilbey 50% (2/4), Forster-Caskey 42.8% (3/7).
    It’s a very high work rate midfield. Albie seems to be getting the nod at the moment with a duty to be a contributor in the press and track first and a creative player second. I’m not sure that JFC has the legs in him to get around as much as he’s required to in this midfield. He struggled in midfield in the Championship under Bowyer for similar reasons when the game was a bit quicker. No shame in not being suited to a style and it was only his first game of the season but I can see why the players who are ahead of him are 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    CH4RLTON said:
    he’s 100% signing today 
    If you've not got anything to say regarding formations, managers or fish puns. Please refrain from posting. Sick of rumours clogging up this thread...
    Fish puns eh....?

Well really! You might at least have given out a warning first, but no, nothing! Please refrain from posting images of this nature in future, at least until after the nine O'clock watershed. Thank you! 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    he’s 100% signing today 
    Fish puns eh....?

Well really! You might at last have given out a warning first, but no, nothing! Please refrain from posting images of this nature in future, at least until after the nine O'clock watershed. Thank you! 
    Apologies...wasnt aware that Swordfish liked the look of a Goldfish :)
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/wollacott-form-suggests-time-could-be-up-for-craig-at-the-valley/

Garner says there’s a chance for every player to move on when asked about CM. Also confirm we’re working on signings, doesn’t say how many but the article suggests one or two.

The Addicks are hoping to get at least one or two more deals over the line before the transfer window closes.

We are moving forward,” Garner said. “It’s getting closer. We keep chipping away and hopefully, as soon as we can get them in, we will”

• Options
    Scoham said:
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/wollacott-form-suggests-time-could-be-up-for-craig-at-the-valley/

Garner says there’s a chance for every player to move on when asked about CM. Also confirm we’re working on signings, doesn’t say how many but the article suggests one or two.

The Addicks are hoping to get at least one or two more deals over the line before the transfer window closes.

“We are moving forward,” Garner said. “It’s getting closer. We keep chipping away and hopefully, as soon as we can get them in, we will”

The fact Garner says 'them' hopefully means its multiple and that they are quite close
  • Options
    Scoham said:

“We are moving forward,” Garner said. “It’s getting closer. We keep chipping away and hopefully, as soon as we can get them in, we will”

I think we will get the foward this week then a defender next week maybe a league 2 one for a fee.  Then we will be done.

If anyone leaves it will be either they want to or we get a ridiculous offer.

Assuming the defender is over age that still leaves us with 2 (I think) squad spaces if we want some last minutes loans or some one we really want becomes available.
  • Options
    More player arrivals and departures today?

Nah. Ours are delivered by D NOTGOODENOUGH  😉