Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Morecambe | Saturday 15th April 2022

edited April 2022 in General Charlton
Afternoon everyone from a sunny South East London. The good news is I made it back from Wales in good time, the bad news is I’ve no excuse to skip the game! 

@Oggy Red  this afternoon who has been given day release from CL Towers for good behaviour. 

Will Charlton struggle again versus Morecambe or will they prove Wise this time around? Team news when they arrive, come on you Reds !

Comments

• Options
    Walking to the station just now with my son in his Charlton kit, car slows down, window down, bloke shouts “PRICKS” out the window and speeds off.

Got to be a real special type for a grown man to shout abuse at an 11 year old. Strange world. 
    Millwall. Millwall never changes.
  • Options
    Surprised to see Mason Burstow starting over Washington, I dont see the point of involving loans unless we need to now (eg Famewo) - Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Mason was signed on loan again next season.

Good to see Chuks back on the bench. 
  • Options
    Presume we are trying to keep chelsea sweet by playing Burstow still
  • Options
    Walking to the station just now with my son in his Charlton kit, car slows down, window down, bloke shouts “PRICKS” out the window and speeds off.

Got to be a real special type for a grown man to shout abuse at an 11 year old. Strange world. 
    Ah yes they walk among us
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Presume we are trying to keep chelsea sweet by playing Burstow still
    Bet they feel conflicted at the moment given Castillo's game time then - Although wouldn't be surprised if they released him this summer, so basically dont give a shit about him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unfortunately this is getting too common place now, hopefully your lad was not too upset and gets the good day out he deserves, a win is all it needs, and i can see us delivering...maybe 2-0, let's just enjoy the day out.. B)
  • Options
    Concerning choice of player to picture alongside the lineup
  • Options
    hermann said:
    There's a horrifying possibility that he's a popular player amongst the less-nerdy hordes. He is very lovely on Twitter after all
  • Options
    In the River Ale House, setting the world to rights. Will summon the energy to get to the ground at some point. 
  • Options
    No Fraser or Lee, I assume they both still have the knocks which kept them out of the Rotherham game.

Also JFC only on the bench, which makes the decision to rush him into starting at Wimbledon instead of playing Morgan even more baffling.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    hermann said:
    There's a horrifying possibility that he's a popular player amongst the less-nerdy hordes. He is very lovely on Twitter after all
    Does Adam Matthews post much on twitter? 
  • Options
    Wash only on the bench too. 
  • Options
    Chelski pulling the strings regarding Burstow, what other possible reason for starting him ahead of someone who actually gives a shit for the club, Leko, or a youngster from the much acclaimed academy set up.
    Probably got someone from Chelski in the stand who wants to see him actually play a game.. B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After a while all of our worthless run-around-a-lot goons merge into one amorphous sports science graduate 
  • Options
    Starting Famewo and Burstow when neither will be here next season makes no sense 
  • Options

Sorry mate, I couldn’t help it. It’s the old Millwall Tourette’s 
  • Options
    I agree on Burstow but who would you start in place of Famewo? The likes of Purrington, Gunter, innis etc aren’t going to be here either and the only youth player who is ready for a step up in quality (Deji) is injured
  • Options
    I agree on Burstow but who would you start in place of Famewo? The likes of Purrington, Gunter, innis etc aren’t going to be here either and the only youth player who is ready for a step up in quality (Deji) is injured
    Only other name is Bakrin who travelled to Rotherham
  • Options
    Burstow starting to give Washington a bit of a rest according to Jacko.

Meh.
  • Options
    I personally don’t get why people are surprised when JJ does not play ‘the kids’. As much as you might want him to, throughout his management he has said he always wants to put out a team to win a game, and he even said he is targeting 12 points from these last 4 games.

The best chance of that happening is playing the established players.

That being said, I do find the Burstow inclusion a little unusual. 
  • Options
    Thanks for stepping in as 1st reserve for the Match Thread @AFKA Do you know, you could be quite good at doing it :smile:
  • Options
    The likes of Kanu shouldn't be figuring much for us next season anyway, not if we do our summer recruitment properly
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Thanks for stepping in as 1st reserve for the Match Thread @AFKA Do you know, you could be quite good at doing it :smile:
    p.s...Still waiting for me first promote,,,just saying... ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!