Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Morecambe | Saturday 15th April 2022

Comments

• Options
    We were 2-0 up at their place & they came back to draw 2-2.

Playing a relegation threatened team at home you'd like to think the home team would come out for the 2nd half & try to turn it around. 

Who seriously thinks we will score at least 2 in the next 45mins.
  • Options
    Just had a long advert for season tickets on charlton TV.

You can only laugh. 
  • Options
    The way I feel is it is that average players, coached averagely, will produce average performances, meaning you inevitably end up in an average position in the league. 

It’s all just so average. 

Average is very kind to JJ.

No doubt the players in main are league average, but you also need a system that gets them in positions they can thrive.

How are we still watching the same formation that fails week on week?
  • Options
    Scott plugging season tickets for next season. Lol. 
    I had one for 23 years just received the brochure today, gone in the bin, not renewing.
  • Options
    Welcome to the "Just Helping" page of the Charlton Athletic Football Charity.

Every bloody week we seem to help out clubs in distress, strikers who hint scored in yonks, or players out of form.

Watching SSN last Saturday to see George's goal and I heard Crewe had been relegated following a run of something like 1 win in 16 ... Lincoln lost again, only 1 win in 6 ... who were those wins against?

Now today, Morecambe come here with an appalling away record and they've sauntered to a 2-0 half-time lead that we wouldn't be able to claw back if we carried on playing until Easter Monday ... even though Morecambe would have been on the coach home this evening.

Anyone expecting better things in this second half?

No, I didn't think so.

Even the eternal optimist @ForeverAddickted is probably thinking we'll struggle a bit ...
  • Options
    I think the deal is that if we finish below a certain position, the payoff for terminating the contract would be a negligible fee, if we needed to make a change next season like we did with Adkins. If there is someone up-and-coming and forward thinking who would come to us, I'd make the change this summer, let them bring in their own coaches and let them build something. I think he'll give Jackson a go though, so hopefully the recruitment will be a step above what has gone on in the couple of years before.
  • Options
    I’m not saying he’s the best player but that Stockton’s game involvement compared to stockley is chalk and cheese. His movement off the ball, hold up play, making something happen for himself are all far better. Probably his finishing aswell. Makes me wonder why he’s not been picked up.
  • Options
    The way I feel is it is that average players, coached averagely, will produce average performances, meaning you inevitably end up in an average position in the league. 

Average is too high a compliment for this lot
  • Options
    No subs. Says it all
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No subs. Says it all
    Not a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No doubt the players in main are league average, but you also need a system that gets them in positions they can thrive.

Rightly or wrongly JJ is sticking with the formation he’ll be using next season (assuming he’s still here, I expect he will be).

This group of players would be just as average whatever the formation.
  • Options

• Options
    Just had a long advert for season tickets on charlton TV.

You can only laugh. 
    I can only cry at the way this great club is being dragged along by all and sundry in this shite league,
    it's absolutely terrible to watch at the moment..
  • Options
    Let's see what tactical changes Jacko has made for the second half...
  • Options

Are our players worse than Cheltenham'? 
  • Options
    We win this 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No subs. Says it all
    No plan B - tactical naivety. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Kicked off before the coahing team were barely out of the tunnel, even they cant be fucked to watch it.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can't see Jackson holding on to his job.  All change again this summer and so it goes, same circus, new clowns.
    Can’t see TS sacking him this season.
    Nor should he. He deserves the dignity of seeing out the season and departing out of the glare. He has to go in the summer for me though. 
  • Options
    2-0 down and being bossed at home by a team in a relegation fight yet bo changes at half time. Seem that JJ doesnt get the concept that if you keep doing the same things you cant expect a different outcome! Unfortunately he needs to be gone as soon as really rather than wait for the close season. Get someone who knows what their doing in and let them have an input into signings 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

48' - Corner to @CAFCofficial as Burstow's effort cannons off Bedeau and goes behind.
  • Options
    On a plus note there is the occasional lovely breeze at the Valley - Sadly it comes and goes just like our Play-Offs hopes for much of the season 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Can't see Jackson holding on to his job.  All change again this summer and so it goes, same circus, new clowns.
    Can’t see TS sacking him this season.
    Nor should he. He deserves the dignity of seeing out the season and departing out of the glare. He has to go in the summer for me though. 
    Agreed, but we all know he'll still be here next season, déjà vu in August after we've just been beaten 2-0 at home by Forest Green with the likes of Matthews, Gilbey and Pearce still in the team.
  • Options
    Clearly no need to change things up at 2-0 down.  Same guys doing the same thing could be seen as a horizontal learning curve.

also if Burstow was ever the answer, it was the wrong question.  
  • Options
    Davison scores for Swindon
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No subs. Says it all
    No plan B - tactical naivety. 
    On the day they were discussing tactics when he was doing his coaching badges, he was smoking doobies with Skivo behind the bogs.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Rightly or wrongly JJ is sticking with the formation he’ll be using next season (assuming he’s still here, I expect he will be).

Is the manager not obliged to try something different if things are clearly not working, whoever the players he’s supposed to be making better are?
  • Options
    1. 49'

Post update

Attempt missed. Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic) with an attempt from the centre of the box is close, but misses the top right corner. Assisted by Albie Morgan with a cross.

• Options
    Scoham said:

That would be sensible if he is expecting to have the same players.  That's more concerning. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Davison scores for Swindon
    Oh great, can't wait for him to be part of our strike force next season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!