Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The exodus begins (Watson, Gunter. Souare to be released)

Comments

• Options
    With Inniss, we don't have the medical information that is necessary for the decision. We do have evidence of the past couple of seasons but the prognosis is key.
  • Options
    WIOTOS I'll start rejoicing.
    I imagine they will hold back on any official announcement until decisions have been made on all OOC players.
    And of the course the usual club bashing when players take to social media to announce there departure before the club does an announcement to cover all departures in one go.
  • Options
    Good, honestly don't think I'd miss any of the out of contract players, even if they all left
  • Options
    With Inniss, we don't have the medical information that is necessary for the decision. We do have evidence of the past couple of seasons but the prognosis is key.
    It's about time the club released each player's blood type so we can decide whether they stay or go
  • Options
    Thank goodness Watson will be gone. My least favourite player since Amady Faye.  

Hopefully Henderson, Innis, Pearce and Davisson are added to that list and we don't bring any of the loanees back except maybe Famewo.
  • Options
    The others staying or going isn't really as important.  Those 3 and the 6 loans create quite a lot of gaps that need filling. 

Saying that I hope Washington and JFC don't leave because we fannied around and we find out at the last minute (like Amos and Chuks).

Keeping Pearce AND Inniss would be mental.

Keeping, or not, Henderson matters neither way.   Doesn't count to the cap so its only wages, that's Thomas's problem, not mine.

I would actually rather keep Purrington and Matthews over some of the players that are under contract, especially now there effective backups have gone. 
  • Options
    If we offer Davison a contract and he turns it down won’t we be entitled to a fee from the new club (I.e what happened with fosu).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does Jacko actually want Washington to stay?

If so, something should have been offered by now. If not, then maybe he's being polite
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The others staying or going isn't really as important.  Those 3 and the 6 loans create quite a lot of gaps that need filling. 

Saying that I hope Washington and JFC don't leave because we fannied around and we find out at the last minute (like Amos and Chuks).

Keeping Pearce AND Inniss would be mental.

Keeping, or not, Henderson matters neither way.   Doesn't count to the cap so its only wages, that's Thomas's problem, not mine.

I would actually rather keep Purrington and Matthews over some of the players that are under contract, especially now there effective backups have gone. 
    Henderson isn't needed. He's not good or fit enough to challenge McG and would be blocking the pathway for our younger keepers as well.

The big keeping question is whether AMB is good enough to be a our number one next season
    No he isn't needed but it makes no real difference either way if he is here or not?  How many times have we used a sub keeper in the last 5 years?

I would rather he wasted his Saturday afternoons and let the younger ones play for the u23s or in the national league when we could call them back over night. 
  • Options
    God its not until you see the list of loan players in black & white you realise how bad it is, hope they all get shown the door.  
  • Options

If so, something should have been offered by now. If not, then maybe he's being polite
    Sage I believe indicated that he did, and I’m inclined to take note of what he says - however does seem somewhat suspicious if we’ve not even approached him about his contract situation - but maybe that’s just something lost in translation. 
  • Options
    West2003 said:
    It's about time the club released each player's blood type so we can decide whether they stay or go
    We don't decide. The club will based on more information than we have.
  • Options

Sage I believe indicated that he did, and I’m inclined to take note of what he says - however does seem somewhat suspicious if we’ve not even approached him about his contract situation - but maybe that’s just something lost in translation. 
  • Options
    Has Washington not been approached with a formal offer or has he not ben approached full stop regarding his future? Jackson says there are ongoing discussions so I wonder if there's still pre-offer negotiations with agents or if we've actually been totally radio silent on new deals.
  • Options

I suspect Jackson does.  They can't use the "we don't know what divison we will be in" excuse this year.

Are they using the we don't know who the manager will be one instead?

Surely it's not that a hard question to answer if everything else is stable? 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Good riddance, Hopefully at least 10 more follow them out the club. All 6 loans can do one.

Also get rid of
    Morgan 
    Pearce
    Innis
    Matthews

Not fussed if I never see Gilbey, Purrington or DJ again, but can accept them being in the squad next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    No surprise but good to see it confirmed.

Decisions to come on:

Henderson
    Matthews
    Inniss
    Pearce
    Purrington
    JFC
    Davison
    Washington

Plus 6 loanees will be going:

Famewo
    Castillo
    Lee
    John
    Leko
    Burstow

Also have Kirk who seems likely he’ll be sold or loaned out again.

On replacements TS said 2-5 permanents and 5 or 6 loans to come in. That must be assuming no one under contract is unexpectedly sold.
    My guess as to what will happen

Henderson - definitely released
    Matthews - 50/50 chances of a FOURTH one year deal
    Inniss - 50/50
    Pearce - 50/50 player/coach role but the squad number rules count against having a player/coach
    Purrington - 50/50 depending on who else stays
    JFC - new contract offered
    Davison - new contract offered but might choose to leave to get regular football
    Washington - new contract offered

Of course the players may choose not to stay themselves, even if offered a new deal
    Agree on all of that, but i think we'll offer either Inniss or Pearce a deal, but not both.

Wouldn't be against giving Purrington another year, certainly not as first choice but he can provide cover for both LB and LCB and i think with the new squad limit restrictions, players who can cover more than 1 position will be key.
  • Options
    Lets hope theres a lot more to come, got to be one of the worst squads we’ve had!
  • Options
    If we offer Davison a contract and he turns it down won’t we be entitled to a fee from the new club (I.e what happened with fosu).
    I think so, yes
  • Options
    Only disappointing news is hearing there's nothing on the table for Washington yet. He's only our second (and could still be top) scorer. 

Could we get better? Probably. Could we get better plus all the other necessary upgrades? Probably not.
  • Options
    Only disappointing news is hearing there's nothing on the table for Washington yet. He's only our second (and could still be top) scorer. 

Could we get better? Probably. Could we get better plus all the other necessary upgrades? Probably not.
    You could get one better but not two.  That's the key question. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I can see us keeping more defenders than we’d like because so many are out of contract or on loan.

I’ll be disappointed if Inniss stays as he doesn’t play enough games and when fit can’t play twice a week.

Can see Pearce staying as back up for Lavelle.

I’d like to see Matthews go. Could see DJ as the back up RWB but it could leave us short if we need to switch to a back four, though Clare moving across is an option.

Purrington will probably stay as a versatile squad player.

Davison might step up to L1 in time but he’s never going to get the game time he needs here to develop. Not realistic to loan him out for a year or two at his age when he can get a a good longer term deal elsewhere.
    Do we not need a right footed back up for Lavelle? Preferably a taller version. 
  • Options
    Henderson BYE
    Matthews OFFER DEAL
    Inniss BYE
    Pearce COACHING ROLE
    Purrington OFFER DEAL
    JFC OFFER DEAL
    Davison BYE
    Washington OFFER DEAL

Is how I see it going, with Purrington, Washington and Forster-Caskey staying and Matthews turning it down and moving on.

Combined with the releases and the loanees going back, would leave us to sign

RWB x 1
    CB x 3
    CM x 1
    AM x 1
    ST x 1

And then replace anyone who leaves too like Kirk, though if we're sticking to 352, no point in signing wingers to replace ones leaving. 

Macgillivray Maynard-Brewer
    New DJ
    Lavelle New
    Clare New
    Elewere New
    Blackett-Taylor Purrington
    Dobson New
    JFC Gilbey
    Fraser New
    Stockley Aneke
    Washington New

Is that good enough to go up? Not IMO, you need better options in midfield than we currently have, especially creatively, and I don't particularly want to see Clare, Purrington or Gilbey play a major role next season, not to mention the worst first choice keeper we've had since Weaver in goal 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    I can see us keeping more defenders than we’d like because so many are out of contract or on loan.

I’ll be disappointed if Inniss stays as he doesn’t play enough games and when fit can’t play twice a week.

Can see Pearce staying as back up for Lavelle.

I’d like to see Matthews go. Could see DJ as the back up RWB but it could leave us short if we need to switch to a back four, though Clare moving across is an option.

Purrington will probably stay as a versatile squad player.

Davison might step up to L1 in time but he’s never going to get the game time he needs here to develop. Not realistic to loan him out for a year or two at his age when he can get a a good longer term deal elsewhere.
    Do we not need a right footed back up for Lavelle? Preferably a taller version. 
    Not when we only use them as the central CB in a back 3.

Ideally we need two left footed CBs to replace Famewo, though I can see Purrington staying and covering there.