Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Sandgaard seems to be obsessed with the women's team. Could you imagine the meltdown on here if he appoints a woman!!!
  • Options
    Roy Keane is a pundit because he was a terrible manager.
    Was he though? Won the title with Sunderland and then was steady, even if not spectacular, at Ipswich. 
  • Options
    Jody Morris anyone? 
  • Options
    Sandgaard seems to be obsessed with the women's team. Could you imagine the meltdown on here if he appoints a woman!!!
    Ladies...
    Is it?? My apologies. I can't keep up with what's PC anymore 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Now that would really be something!
    And not automatic meltdown for me, the fundamental is points on the board whatever the gender.
    Win points and people will gradually return.
  • Options
    Jody Morris anyone? 
    I think away from Chelsea he doesn't really have much clout, I cant see him coming in and commanding the dressing room as a manager.

• Options
    If we can’t offer more wages to warne than Rotherham. then we should give up even looking outside the club and wasting money. 
    He has taken Rotherham up and down last 3 seasons and they are likely to go down again. 
    They will not get top half of championship unless some big invester buys into them which is unlikely.  
    So if people think we can’t attract Warne we might as well give up and get Dowie back. 
    Or Neil Harris 😁 
    it will free my Saturdays up won’t watch that shit. Might as well go and watch A big club like Rotherham 
  • Options
    Cardiff City's U23s manager must be in with a shout.
  • Options
    Not going to happen, but Darren Moore would be my choice in League one. 

Wouldn't be opposed to the bloke who used to manage down the road, currently down the A2 in Medway 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was he though? Won the title with Sunderland and then was steady, even if not spectacular, at Ipswich. 
    Was gonna say reckon he's a pundit because it's relatively less stressful than being a manager. Not saying he's the one for us, but do think he'd be a good manager 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Was gonna say reckon he's a pundit because it's relatively less stressful than being a manager. Not saying he's the one for us, but do think he'd be a good manager 
    Given how previous some of our players and fans were when Bowyer criticised any players, I couldn't see that lasting.

It will be Mark Adkins  Warburton if we are lucky, but it could be someone much worse than that. 
  • Options
    If we can’t offer more wages to warne than Rotherham. then we should give up even looking outside the club and wasting money. 
    He has taken Rotherham up and down last 3 seasons and they are likely to go down again. 
    They will not get top half of championship unless some big invester buys into them which is unlikely.  
    So if people think we can’t attract Warne we might as well give up and get Dowie back. 
    Or Neil Harris 😁 
    it will free my Saturdays up won’t watch that shit. Might as well go and watch A big club like Rotherham 
    If we can't attract a  like who is happy at a club in the league above we may as well not bother?  Right.
  • Options
    Do players make managers look good or do managers make players good? It's not really a black and white thing this manager business.
  • Options
    Just get it done quickly - I can't get any work done as I am on here all the time  :s:s
    Thank goodness its "No Mow May" (Monty Don)
  • Options
    Has Jokat been mentioned yet?

Ticks all the boxes.

1) Looks like Sandgaard
    2) Thinks like Sandgaard
    3) Has previous (International) coaching experience
    4) Isn't Sandgaard

So, Thomas lives the dream through Robo-Sandgaard, and is immune when it all goes wrong.
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Not going to happen, but Darren Moore would be my choice in League one. 

Wouldn't be opposed to the bloke who used to manage down the road, currently down the A2 in Medway 🤣
    Darren Moore could be in the Championship next season with the massives.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    I usually dislike the summer and get bored without the football.
    This summer will be interesting and before you know it we will have the football round again.
    Am I right in thinking the last two managers appointed in order to start a fresh season were Dowie and Peeters?
    Russell Slade - easily forgotten though!
    Yeah!
    Brilliant.
    Russell ‘are you patient Louis?’ Slade.
    He lasted until the November I think.
    He failed to be Russell ‘do well and then jump ship’ Slade with us, because he was unable to do well.
    Don’t be too harsh he signed some real Charlton legends - Novak, Ajose, Foley and Crofts. He also gave me my most memorable Charlton game - 2-0 defeat away at Bury on the first day of the season.
  • Options
    I don’t know why we just don’t give the job to Shay Given - or at least he could let us know his thoughts on the job. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many of you have been slow to appreciate the misunderstanding that I pointed out a few days ago.

It may be worth a new thread but, in the meantime, here's where to get all the latest news about the Essex Premier League.  This, of course, is where Sandgaard hopes to takes us ... probably within five years.

The Official Website Of The Essex Senior Football League (essexseniorleague.co.uk)

And for those of you who think that the stated ambition of 'European football' contradicts my interpretation, remember that Sandgaard is Danish and will almost certainly regard Canvey Island (and even Maldon) as 'European'.  Did the Vikings fight in vain? 

I have a finger on the pulse at St Margaretsbury and Sawbridgeworth Town so I'll keep you posted if there are any managerial rumblings.
  • Options
    Rotherham average attendance is under 10000 
    there training ground is 2 pitches and a porta   cabin. On the side of a county senior team parkgate. The ground which they used for about 3 years before they could afford to buy the cabins. 
    The referee changing room was wooden shed where the roof sags so much with the damp it was ready to cave in and you put a broom at the door to keep it shut. 
    Are we really less attractive than Rotherham because there in the championship. For probably 1 season again. 
    Don’t know why some of you support us if that’s how you see us. 

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I think Sandgaard gets too involved in team affairs.  Some of his quotes since Jackson left are worrying.

Wouldn't surprise me if he appoints an unheard of Danish guy or American, as I don't think he's got a clue about the football side of things. The problem is...he thinks he does!!
    I’m in total agreement, at first the over arrogance and confidence just felt like something we could all put up with up as long as the best intentions of the club were at heart. The more I see and hear him the more I really worry that how this is going to end
  • Options
    there training ground is 2 pitches and a porta   cabin. On the side of a county senior team parkgate. The ground which they used for about 3 years before they could afford to buy the cabins. 
    The referee changing room was wooden shed where the roof sags so much with the damp it was ready to cave in and you put a broom at the door to keep it shut. 
    Are we really less attractive than Rotherham because there in the championship. For probably 1 season again. 

I don't understand what you are asking! You are asking why Charlton supporters support Charlton because we are in league 1 and realise we are in league 1?
  • Options

More chance of getting Shane Warne than Paul Warne.
    Completely inappropriate
  • Options
    Would the plymouth manager be interested ?
  • Options
    RedJohn said:

More chance of getting Shane Warne than Paul Warne.
    Completely inappropriate
    Don’t be silly. We all know how it was meant.
  • Options
    Tempt Warnock out of retirement?  :D