Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• Options
    Silvio Guardiolla
  • Options
    Garry Bowyer
  • Options
    Garry Bowyer
    God him or Hasselbaink would be such League One appointments

Might as well stick a sign on the turnstiles saying:

"Dont forget, you're stuck here in League One forever"
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I usually dislike the summer and get bored without the football.
    This summer will be interesting and before you know it we will have the football round again.
    Am I right in thinking the last two managers appointed in order to start a fresh season were Dowie and Peeters?
    Russell Slade - easily forgotten though!
    Not a good precedent, none of Dowie, Peeters or Slade lasted more than half a season!

Not true, they lasted two seasons ?

Summer and Autumn  :)
  • Options
    Anyone but Roy Keane. 
    Anyone? So you'd be happy with Karel Fryeye?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Yes but it is interesting to note the people we were talking to last year before being essentially 'forced' to employ Jackson permanently. 
    Sandgaard was not forced to pick Jackson. No one had him in a headlock. That was his own decision. 

He himself said he was basically forced into it because of the great results and fan pressure. 

It's a compliment to Jackson that he won himself the role, but indicates that Thomas had his eye elsewhere before the results picked up. 
    Thomas had someone lined up to replace Adkins and was talked into giving Jackson a trial spell by someone. 

That person is no longer available. 
  • Options
    wouldn't be against Matt Taylor though I think TS will want to go for someone who has managed/coached in a higher division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes I was thinking of Taylor as well. Not done a bad job there. 
    Lot of rumours Bowyer might come back. Would like to have seen what he would of done with a transfer kitty for us. 
    Not going to leave a championship team for us though. Especially the size of Birmingham. 

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I’d be happy with Taylor despite saying I didn’t want a former player.

On goalkeepers switching to an outfield position, another former player did it too - Josh Magennis. Slightly younger age at 17/18 but had even been the sub keeper for Cardiff’s first team.
  • Options
    I'd rather Keane than have Bowyer back.
    He’d be accused of bullying about 5 minutes into his first preseason friendly.
  • Options
    Jody Morris

Too small and too Chelsea.
  • Options
    Gotta say that is all very impressive with Taylor. Young, upcoming manager but still has decent experience. 

Liked him as a player for us aswell. 

Anyone know how Exeter play? I see the attacking bit mentioned but wondered if anyone had ever see them play.
  • Options
    wouldn't be against Matt Taylor though I think TS will want to go for someone who has managed/coached in a higher division.
    Worked well with Adkins. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I'd rather Keane than have Bowyer back.
    He’d be accused of bullying about 5 minutes into his first preseason friendly.
    This lot need bullying. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Roy Keane I think Jonathan ackworth would be a better manager than him talks total shit.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Yes but it is interesting to note the people we were talking to last year before being essentially 'forced' to employ Jackson permanently. 
    Sandgaard was not forced to pick Jackson. No one had him in a headlock. That was his own decision. 

He himself said he was basically forced into it because of the great results and fan pressure. 

It's a compliment to Jackson that he won himself the role, but indicates that Thomas had his eye elsewhere before the results picked up. 
    Thomas had someone lined up to replace Adkins and was talked into giving Jackson a trial spell by someone. 

Does that person have a name?

if you know the name but cannot say, would he have been a good appointment and is he doing well where he is?
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

If Sandgaard hadn't appointed Jackson last year, there would have been outrage! He recognised that.
    He did but could argue he needs to make the right decisions rather than decisions that are popular in the short term.

Not that I have faith in him bringing in the right manager.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

if you know the name but cannot say, would he have been a good appointment and is he doing well where he is?
    If its the name I heard... He's just outside the Championship Play-Offs.
  • Options
    Steve McLaren 
  • Options
    Boris Johnson,  might be available soon 😉 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

Wilder? Surely wouldn’t drop to L1 on whatever TS was going to offer?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

Wilder? Surely wouldn’t drop to L1 on whatever TS was going to offer?
    Thats what I thought - Although I've got no reason to doubt the person who told me
  • Options
    Can only be Wilder or Bruce. Both of which I find hard to believe would drop down to League One