Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager - Ben Garner confirmed (p256)

Comments

• edited May 2022
    Lots of peeps getting concerned with Taylor, is it on or is it off, or maybe Warburton or Beale,.. chill lads "n" lasses, if all else fails old smiler Nige is available at 33/1 so all is not lost...🍻 B)
  • Are the performance based targets built into contracts usual in football these days or would that be something that puts off some potential applicants, knowing that'd they'd get more of a payoff if things didn't go well elsewhere?
  • The most important thing is that we aren't underwhelmed with the results after the new guy has managed 20 games  :#
    20 games would be a massive improvement, fans turned on Nigel 3 games into the season.
  • I see Barnsley have approached Cheltenham Town for their manager Michael Duff
  • Martin Sangaard now 12/1 😂
  • I'd be happy with Matt Taylor as I would have been with Jacko.

It does feel a bit like a copy and paste job, except the paste is less handsome.
  • Does anyone know how Leicester got their setup so right all those years ago?
    Interesting. I've always assumed he'd hang around to see what happens with Burnley but you never know
    Walsh as chief scout and lots of money for the football league.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Personally I would be happy with Warburton, Beale or Taylor. 
    But I've got a feeling it won't be any of these and we will all be underwhelmed with the new manager. 
    Not Itk just a feeling.
    I would be happy be with anyone that's a credible manager that's actually got a plan and is allowed to implement it with their choice of staff and their choice of players.

If they succeed or fail it should be in their merits, or lack of.  
    That’s the big test, can’t see the recruitment strategy changing for the manager. 
    Done a great job with Cheltenham. Another manager who is on the up. Surprised we haven't been in the fold...
    He would have been in my top 5 of potential candidates but never expected us to be in for him. 
    Walsh as chief scout and lots of money for the football league.
    That and it took them ages and a very big pile of money to get it right.  
  • seth plum said:
    I am not sure what Martin Sandgaard does, or any detail at all as to why he is disparaged, although I am sure people will reasonably say others could do whatever MS is supposed to do much better, but beyond that what damage to good stuff balance is there?
    I certainly don’t know.
    However what does make sense to me is Thomas Sandgaard having somebody in location he can trust, and to be honest I don’t blame him.

Appreciate your thoughts Seth but its not about trust it’s nepotism and it’s bonkers. Yes he can do what he likes it’s his money but it’s pure wrong for our football club.
    So that means JFH back on the list 
  • edited May 2022
    seth plum said:
    I am not sure what Martin Sandgaard does, or any detail at all as to why he is disparaged, although I am sure people will reasonably say others could do whatever MS is supposed to do much better, but beyond that what damage to good stuff balance is there?
    I certainly don’t know.
    However what does make sense to me is Thomas Sandgaard having somebody in location he can trust, and to be honest I don’t blame him.

Appreciate your thoughts Seth but its not about trust it’s nepotism and it’s bonkers. Yes he can do what he likes it’s his money but it’s pure wrong for our football club.
    Yes it is clearly nepotism.
    Whether looking at the bigger picture it is wrong is more complicated.
    Maybe TS is worried about who he can trust.
    Wasn’t there some post recently about staff members acting differently when TS is around compared to when he is in Colorado?
  • The point surely is do we know what the guy does ? I personally doubt he is running our recruitment but I dont know. We seem to love a target on here, AKA GED Roddy etc without really knowing the facts. Talking of which (not being controversial) what happened to Roddy the left back is he still with us ? Did we ever find out if he was Geds son ?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Taylor will fancy a shot at L1 with Exeter rather than us next season.  I suspect that by now we are looking at 2nd or 3rd choices and panic is starting to set in.
  • edited May 2022
    Bob Bradley! I would actually love that
  • When do the players report back for training?
  • I think Taylor will fancy a shot at L1 with Exeter rather than us next season.  I suspect that by now we are looking at 2nd or 3rd choices and panic is starting to set in.
    If his wages are doubled then I think he would walk all the way to SE7 to sign a contract. 
  • Freddie Ljungberg 

Pros

Scandi

At 45 still relatively young

Coached and played at top level

Was interim manager at Arsenal for a few games

Knows London and married to  a Londoner

Available and wants to be a manager 

Had red hair and a song the Covered End can adapt.

Good contacts in game.

Cons

Doesn't know league 1

Has been out of the game for two years

Youth and U23s coaching experience but little first team management 

"Freddie Ljungberg's Charlton Athletic"

Discuss
    We’re not the 1st and won’t be the last,not  to get there no.1 target, in fact absolutely nobody on here knows who our top target is. I’m pretty sure that’s why there is an interviewing process, as it may turn out our no.1 target doesn’t impress with they’re ideas, TS isn’t going to come out and say welcome pep, but we’d rather have got klopp as he was top of the list. He will eventually choose who he wants with the knowledge that they want to be successful with us. 
    Bloody hell, that's an incredible bleak conclusion to draw from - checking my notes here - no information at all!
    Yes, feeling quite bleak based on the timescales.  Last summer there just seemed to be no sense of urgency at all about getting a good squad together and this feels like rinse and repeat.